Lighthouse Inn of Galilee
Sir Edward's Folly(Narragansett)
Aqua Blue Hotel(Narragansett)
The Surfside Motel(Charlestown)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I booked this motel with my eyes wide open - got it for about $120 a night by calling the place - all the online sites showed higher pricing. My daughter and I just wanted to take a fairly reasonably priced mini vacation and this fit the bill since there are 3 beautiful beaches in the area - our favorite was Salty Brine, a five minute walk from the motel. After reading all the reviews I was afraid of what we'd find but it wasn't that bad. Our room was directly across from the pool and it really is quite lovely. It's open until 10 pm every night and that was a problem for 2 of our 5 nights. There's no staff present and the office isn't close by so kids (and grown ups who should know better) screamed, shrieked and cursed at the top of their lungs. I had to call the office 2 nights to get them to lock the gates at 10 and once the gate must not have been locked because someone was whooping it up at 1:15 am. I called that evening and someone immediately came to kick the offenders out, but no one should have to call about people being a nuisance. Yes the pool is open until 10 pm, but other GUESTS should not have to listen to shrieking and bellowing from other guests - no matter what time it is! My room was fine and looked clean except for the semi-disgusting carpeting. But for staying right in this cute little town with access to 3 beaches and the Block Island Ferry, I can put up with dingy carpets!

A few comments to the owner/management - you are the only game (motel) in town, so you could really make this place work!

A camera on the pool with a sign saying it's under surveillance by the front desk would work wonders
Inform guests at check in that noise after 8 pm will not be tolerated
Perhaps look into some sort of key system that would work on room doors and also on the outside doors. I can't believe you aren't worried that someone who is not paying to stay at your motel will not use, destroy or otherwise mess up the best part of your motel - the POOL! Think of the liability!
Look into some way to up the curb appeal of your motel! Work with the restaurant owner to create a more inviting exterior, add a patio area for outdoor dining
For motel guests, you need an outdoor seating area for lounging and what have you. Yes there's lots of seating around the pool but I wanted to sit outside too and there wasn't one inviting space to be found!
Back to the pool again - you have a gem there and need to figure out a way to showcase that gem.
Again, you are the only motel in town - you should fix the place up so that it is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: Apparently rooms facing the pool are the most recently renovated and the pool is beautiful so it was great to be poolside. Ask for a second floor room however or you'll have to keep the curtains shut all the time or everyone walking by will be able to check you out! Don't be afraid to call the front desk if people get crazy and loud. I got immediate help for any issues I reported.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Nancy Y
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide helpful feedback regarding your stay with us. We will certainly check into the issues you raised and make sure that they are corrected. We are certainly happy to hear we were better than you expected and hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This place is a [--]! Out of the way, off the beaten path.

Granted, we waited until the last minute to book something, but I would rather have driven home two hours away than stay here. For the price per night, $235, I feel ripped off totally. The room was clean enough but damp and smelly. Our room was next to a stairwell and there were seagulls everywhere, crapping on everything. There were cigarette butts IN the stairwells, it's dated and the furniture is likely the original!!! The staff as well as the clientele was creepy and low brow.

Some might say, "Hey, it's a beach motel" but we have stayed at beach motels and they were nicer and cleaner and overall more for your money than this place.

Lets just say I can't say enough bad things about this pos place.

4  Thank Sugarjo62
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay was. We take your comments and suggestions very serious. We certainly will check into the issues you have raised and be proactive in preventing issues from reoccurring. The seagulls are a constant battle.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were in a bind for a place to stay for the weekend everywhere else around Narragansett was booked and the kids really wanted a weekend at the beach so we took a chance on this hole. First the amount of seagull crap was overwhelming, unsanitary clean it up for god sake, there was garbage and broken materials all over the interior, room was completely dirty, made my kids keep their shoes or socks on while in the room in a span of 15 min their new white socks were black. I couldn't even bring myself to sit on the bed good thing because we found bugs in them not sure what kind didn't care packed up right then and got a refund. Not even 40 min in the room and could not take it avoid this hole. When I asked for a refund and explained why the staff didn't even seem surprised or dismayed but were very helpful and refunded my money immediately.

4  Thank Kleincha

Thank you so much for your comments. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the room accommodations but I am pleased that you were refunded already. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We are staying here because of our delay in booking resulted in this being our only option.

Location: it's across from the Block Island Ferry. It smells, and the reviews were NOT kidding about the birds. They are literally all over the cars.... And by the looks of the entrance, some find their way inside. Clearly the cleaning crew is on vacation, because there were feathers, dirt & God only knows what else all over the floors as we were walking to our room.

Room: I walked around in my socks for less than 5 minutes & they were black. The carpet is gross & all
Stained. We actually checked the mattress for bugs.... Thank goodness we didn't see any, but im still not convinved. Everything is dingy, smelly, out dated and obviously not maintained. At all....
I can deal with the broken tiles & lack of drain stop... This place is just dirty & dingy.

I honestly wish we just drive home. Lesson learned: book early and pay up for a better place.

3  Thank AKlein2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I never stay in a motel as garbage like this ,i travel all over the United States for 25 years I cannot believe they still have the motels open looking like this, and the restaurant next-door the food is horrible I don't recommend this to no one good luck to you If you decide to stay there....

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Gohjf

We are sincerely sorry your experience with us failed your expectations. Your comments have been forwared to the restaurant owner.