“Wasn't sure it was even open”

Lighthouse Inn of Galilee
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
“Wasn't sure it was even open”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

This place was dark and grungy . There also was an odor of lighting fluid staff less than courteous and actually just seemed to want to give you attitude. the one plus was if you jumped into bed and planned to go toBlock Island the next day ,the ferry s right across the street

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Ginanh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

This place was so amazing! relaxing, clean, fun, affordable, and just what I needed!!! My first trip to Rhode Island and i will definitely be back! i recently stayed at the Lighthouse Inn on a trip for my sisters wedding. coming from Los Angeles i was really hoping for a relaxing time on this trip and boy did I get it! The lighthouse Inn has an amazing location, right by the ocean, peaceful and soooo relaxing! I was surprised at how affordable it was for such great spot! The rooms were lovely, great views:) the staff was super friendly and accommodating and guided my boyfriend and i to all the great things to do and see around the hotel. i will say, when you stay here you MUST try their Oyster bar and grill! besides the food at my sisters wedding, i ate here pretty much everyday of our trip! YUMMMM! There are some great stops to grab a drink and listen to live music, they also have a cool game room and nice pool! This was definitely one of the most peaceful stays I've had on a trip! Whenever I go back to the east coast, I know where I'm staying! Highly recommend if you're looking for:
AFFORDABILITY
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
GORGEOUS LOCATION
CLEAN, NICE ROOMS

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Ashley C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I don't take pride in making this report however the room was damp and musty smelling. the bathroom sink was clogged and the sink stop was broken. The remote control didn't work and there were no outlets near the sink area to use for blow dryers or anything other electrical device. My car was covered in Seagul poop. the only decent thing about this motel is the POOL!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Jeanne S
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We will certainly address the issues you have raised to make sure that your next visit with us will meet your expectations. We have yet to find an effective way to battle the seagulls however.... We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Travellers are raving about these Narragansett hotels

Pascoag
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This establishment has SO much potential!!! Excellent location, convenient to all attractions and beaches,the restaurant, although owned separately, had great food with great poolside and room service ,Chef Frank seems more concerned for the condition of the Inn than the management does. The rooms are in desparate need of a really good cleaning! Have been several times and always encounter the same issue. Staff needs to be much more thorough and management on top of things. For the price you pay , there should be microwaves and refridgerators in each room,especially when traveling with children. Having the indoor pool is fantastic,again so much could be done to improve the this area as well. Need to enforce rules as to closing time and noise with guests who don't follow rules! Understand it has changed management a few times, hope this management team takes all reviews to heart and realize the potential they have, make improvements , work with the restaurant, I GUARANTEE they will very seldom have availability!

8 Thank Donna C
Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay was. We take your comments and suggestions very serious. We certainly will check into the issues you have raised and be proactive in preventing issues from reoccurring. We look forward to you staying with us in the future
Waldwick, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family of 5, including two toddlers. The room was in good condition. We had a nice view of the indoor, heated pool (which is great on rainy days as I learned from experience). There were tables and a huge lounging area around the pool It was a good location, directly across the street from the ferry to Block Island. It was also a short walk to the beach. The staff was very helpful and welcoming, and accommodating. The surrounding areas of the hotel were not as nice. The area looked like a construction site, not very clean. The parking lot was a full of seagulls, and their droppings so bring a tarp for your car. It would be nice if they had a refrigerator and microwave in some of the rooms at least. While I did have access to them in the office, it was a bit annoying with cranky hungry toddlers. Downside is the pool area is very loud and the pool closing hours are not enforced. Try sleeping then.

Room Tip: Bring a tarp, and choose a room indoors with a view of the pool. The outside view is gross.
5 Thank 10Wendy24
Thank you for your comments! I'm glad we could accommodate your fridge/microwave need with our office. We look forward to seeing your family again next season!
Best Regards
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I booked this motel with my eyes wide open - got it for about $120 a night by calling the place - all the online sites showed higher pricing. My daughter and I just wanted to take a fairly reasonably priced mini vacation and this fit the bill since there are 3 beautiful beaches in the area - our favorite was Salty Brine, a five minute walk from the motel. After reading all the reviews I was afraid of what we'd find but it wasn't that bad. Our room was directly across from the pool and it really is quite lovely. It's open until 10 pm every night and that was a problem for 2 of our 5 nights. There's no staff present and the office isn't close by so kids (and grown ups who should know better) screamed, shrieked and cursed at the top of their lungs. I had to call the office 2 nights to get them to lock the gates at 10 and once the gate must not have been locked because someone was whooping it up at 1:15 am. I called that evening and someone immediately came to kick the offenders out, but no one should have to call about people being a nuisance. Yes the pool is open until 10 pm, but other GUESTS should not have to listen to shrieking and bellowing from other guests - no matter what time it is! My room was fine and looked clean except for the semi-disgusting carpeting. But for staying right in this cute little town with access to 3 beaches and the Block Island Ferry, I can put up with dingy carpets!

A few comments to the owner/management - you are the only game (motel) in town, so you could really make this place work!

A camera on the pool with a sign saying it's under surveillance by the front desk would work wonders
Inform guests at check in that noise after 8 pm will not be tolerated
Perhaps look into some sort of key system that would work on room doors and also on the outside doors. I can't believe you aren't worried that someone who is not paying to stay at your motel will not use, destroy or otherwise mess up the best part of your motel - the POOL! Think of the liability!
Look into some way to up the curb appeal of your motel! Work with the restaurant owner to create a more inviting exterior, add a patio area for outdoor dining
For motel guests, you need an outdoor seating area for lounging and what have you. Yes there's lots of seating around the pool but I wanted to sit outside too and there wasn't one inviting space to be found!
Back to the pool again - you have a gem there and need to figure out a way to showcase that gem.
Again, you are the only motel in town - you should fix the place up so that it is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: Apparently rooms facing the pool are the most recently renovated and the pool is beautiful so it was...
6 Thank Nancy Y
Thank you for taking time to provide helpful feedback regarding your stay with us. We will certainly check into the issues you raised and make sure that they are corrected. We are certainly happy to hear we were better than you expected and hope to see you again next year!
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This place is a [--]! Out of the way, off the beaten path.

Granted, we waited until the last minute to book something, but I would rather have driven home two hours away than stay here. For the price per night, $235, I feel ripped off totally. The room was clean enough but damp and smelly. Our room was next to a stairwell and there were seagulls everywhere, crapping on everything. There were cigarette butts IN the stairwells, it's dated and the furniture is likely the original!!! The staff as well as the clientele was creepy and low brow.

Some might say, "Hey, it's a beach motel" but we have stayed at beach motels and they were nicer and cleaner and overall more for your money than this place.

Lets just say I can't say enough bad things about this pos place.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Sugarjo62
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay was. We take your comments and suggestions very serious. We certainly will check into the issues you have raised and be proactive in preventing issues from reoccurring. The seagulls are a constant battle.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area

Been to Lighthouse Inn of Galilee? Share your experiences!