“Way better than expected”

Lighthouse Inn of Galilee
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
“Way better than expected”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was a little freaked out about this place after reading the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and looked like it had been recently renovated. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
17 Thank Mmurray625
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
From all of us here, THANK YOU for leaving your comments! We truly appreciate you taking the time notice us and we are certainly happy we could meet your expectations and relieve your concerns! Cheers to a great summer for you and we hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We had to check out early. Could not stay a second night. This hotel was run down and poorly kept. Leaky sink and wet floor, hair in tub drain. The indoor pool was foamy and it was Not a hot tub. We stayed one night to catch the ferry to BI in the morning but could not bear to go back after our day trip. The girl at the front desk was sweet about our early departure and it seemed like this was not the first time she had seen a family leave early.

Stayed May 2013
16 Thank Trippyjenn
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We take all reviews quite seriously and thank you for writing and letting us know how your stay was. We will certainly check into the issues you have raised and make any necessary changes needed. Please allow me to explain when you stayed with us, we in the very beginning stages of opening the building from a long winter. Please consider giving us another try now the next time you're in town! Thank you again for your review

Travellers are raving about these Narragansett hotels

Ticonderoga, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice, once with a friend bedfore a fishing excursion (was great they had the tiki bar right at the pool!) and once with the wife and kids while we were waiting for the seas to calm down after a storm for a day fishing trip...with the Francis Fleet of course... its a great location and both times service was great and rooms were clean. The second time I stayed after a day out on the boat we were staying another night, got a call from the local police in my town that my house had been robbed, the management at the Dutch Inn actually offered to refund the nights fee I had paid in advance since I wouldn't be staying...and it was late in the evening already. Yes its old but I like that sort of nostalgia anyways. I'll be staying there again and again as long as they're open! Thanks guys!

• Stayed September 2013
11 Thank Almag1912
Thank you so much for your review! We're very glad you had a great time with us and we look forward to seeing you this season!
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very old, and in dire need of renovation. The room we stayed in was clean, and the location was great-right across the street from block island ferry. Liked the pool, but not the seagulls that pooped all over the entire property but that isn't the hotels fault. I would stay here again if they lowered the price.

• Stayed September 2013
16 Thank Kimberly A
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

This place was dark and grungy . There also was an odor of lighting fluid staff less than courteous and actually just seemed to want to give you attitude. the one plus was if you jumped into bed and planned to go toBlock Island the next day ,the ferry s right across the street

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Ginanh
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

This place was so amazing! relaxing, clean, fun, affordable, and just what I needed!!! My first trip to Rhode Island and i will definitely be back! i recently stayed at the Lighthouse Inn on a trip for my sisters wedding. coming from Los Angeles i was really hoping for a relaxing time on this trip and boy did I get it! The lighthouse Inn has an amazing location, right by the ocean, peaceful and soooo relaxing! I was surprised at how affordable it was for such great spot! The rooms were lovely, great views:) the staff was super friendly and accommodating and guided my boyfriend and i to all the great things to do and see around the hotel. i will say, when you stay here you MUST try their Oyster bar and grill! besides the food at my sisters wedding, i ate here pretty much everyday of our trip! YUMMMM! There are some great stops to grab a drink and listen to live music, they also have a cool game room and nice pool! This was definitely one of the most peaceful stays I've had on a trip! Whenever I go back to the east coast, I know where I'm staying! Highly recommend if you're looking for:
AFFORDABILITY
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
GORGEOUS LOCATION
CLEAN, NICE ROOMS

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Ashley C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I don't take pride in making this report however the room was damp and musty smelling. the bathroom sink was clogged and the sink stop was broken. The remote control didn't work and there were no outlets near the sink area to use for blow dryers or anything other electrical device. My car was covered in Seagul poop. the only decent thing about this motel is the POOL!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Jeanne S
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We will certainly address the issues you have raised to make sure that your next visit with us will meet your expectations. We have yet to find an effective way to battle the seagulls however.... We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area

Been to Lighthouse Inn of Galilee? Share your experiences!