“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lighthouse Inn of Galilee
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The location is great, you have the ferry to Block Island across the street. There are shops, restaurants, and the beach is within walking distance. Room was clean, when we got ants, they immediately changed our room and assisted us with moving to the other room. It was nice to have the indoor pool especially when it was pouring outside. We listened to a live band which was actually pretty good. All-in-All we had a nice 3 day stay. Could do without the sea gull poop, but, understand that they are environmentally protected.

Room Tip: If you have children and it rains, the inside pool and arcade come in handy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Liz F
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you soo much for your review!!! We truly appreciate the time you took! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time during the 4th of July "hurricane" and we met your expectations during your stay. It was wonderful meeting you and your husband and we look forward to seeing you again in August! Have a wonderful summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fords, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was easily the worst hotel we have EVER stayed in!!! Dirty rooms, seagull crap everywhere, food was disgusting, NO HOT WATER for 2-days, entered rooms with Do Not Disturb signs on them, vending machines didn't work, fight parking with ferry traffic, towels smelled, no outlets for hair dryers, no toilet paper holders and bugs in the beds. What else can we say? DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank FunJimmy
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know of your stay. Your comments and suggestions are taken quite seriously. We have reviewed the issues you raised and taken action where necessary to ensure that it does not happen again in the future. The restaurant is independent from the hotel and I have forwarded your comments to the ownership, and please allow me to say the seagulls are an on-going battle.... Thank you for your patience.

Regards..

Travellers are raving about these Narragansett hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Wow. Just wow. I took pictures of the filth just so I could show people. It was that bad.

Filthy carpets. Blood, body fluids, booze. God only knows.

Insects everywhere. Every corner of the room was covered with spiderwebs with that days dinner entwined in the web. Nasty. The dresser drawers were so filthy I wouldn't dare put my clothes in there. Full of bugs.

Seagull crap and feathers everywhere. The parking lot reminds me of dumps from my youth. Scores of seagulls everywhere pooping on everything. Cars...people. Everything....and nobody attempts to clean it. Why are there feathers inside the common hallways? Ummm...because the birds are inside too.

The linens were so dirty I worried if they were fresh or just left from the last guest.

There was mold everywhere. All over the walls and ceiling in the bathroom...mold.

The bathroom sink was filthy and full of hair.

The best part. The staff. Apathy is the perfect word.

The "owner" of the pizza restaurant attached to this pathetic house of horrors threatened to call the cops on me because I suggested to him in the future he may want to try to accommodate people with gluten allergies (there is zero attempt and they don't even know what gluten is...scary) . He flipped...I guess accepting criticism isn't his strong point. All I did was suggest a dedicated fryolator to eliminate cross contamination. I guess he didn't like to being told how he may try to improve his empty failing dirty restaurant. He Told me to leave or he was calling the cops. . I thought he was joking but he wasn't...so I did. Appalling. When I told the management to Frank's bedside manner ...I was greeted with dull stares.

The funny thing was in the room they have a sheet of paper encouraging you to share your experience on trip advisor. Well...for the first time ever I did. Here you go.

Seriously...the worst experience at a hotel I have ever had. They charged me $200 for this room too. Wow. Just wow.

I hope the owner reads this. I was in room 112... Go look at it. Ask yourself if you would allow your kids to sleep there. I bet you wouldn't.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Michael M
Our goal has always been to provide great service for our guests and we are truly disappointed to read your comments. As you are aware after we spoke the evening I checked your party in, the restaurant is a separate entity from the hotel and I am sorry for your experience in there. I worked with you that evening in an attempt to find a suitable option for your daughter's needs. I also checked your party out the following morning and spoke with you in regards to the rest of your stay and you gave no indication of your dissatisfaction with the hotel; in fact we had quite the opposite conversation when you and your family left. Please feel free to email your pictures to the hotel so I can take them to our team. We take all reviews quite seriously and thank you for writing.

Best Regards
Grafton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Taking the ferry to Block Island? Walk across the street from this motel. Easy parking in back. Clean room. Some space. Pleasant staff...they really try to accommodate. Standard motel room. Walk to restaurants and...the T-shirt shops. A tad pricey, but you cannot beat the location.

Room Tip: Inside rooms face the indoor pool. Pick up the interior lighting and equipment sounds. Room-darkeni...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank grommit
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!! It really means the world to all of us here! We are all glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing again!! Enjoy your summer!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was a little freaked out about this place after reading the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and looked like it had been recently renovated. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
16 Thank Mmurray625
From all of us here, THANK YOU for leaving your comments! We truly appreciate you taking the time notice us and we are certainly happy we could meet your expectations and relieve your concerns! Cheers to a great summer for you and we hope to see you again!
New Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We had to check out early. Could not stay a second night. This hotel was run down and poorly kept. Leaky sink and wet floor, hair in tub drain. The indoor pool was foamy and it was Not a hot tub. We stayed one night to catch the ferry to BI in the morning but could not bear to go back after our day trip. The girl at the front desk was sweet about our early departure and it seemed like this was not the first time she had seen a family leave early.

Stayed May 2013
13 Thank Trippyjenn
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We take all reviews quite seriously and thank you for writing and letting us know how your stay was. We will certainly check into the issues you have raised and make any necessary changes needed. Please allow me to explain when you stayed with us, we in the very beginning stages of opening the building from a long winter. Please consider giving us another try now the next time you're in town! Thank you again for your review
Ticonderoga, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice, once with a friend bedfore a fishing excursion (was great they had the tiki bar right at the pool!) and once with the wife and kids while we were waiting for the seas to calm down after a storm for a day fishing trip...with the Francis Fleet of course... its a great location and both times service was great and rooms were clean. The second time I stayed after a day out on the boat we were staying another night, got a call from the local police in my town that my house had been robbed, the management at the Dutch Inn actually offered to refund the nights fee I had paid in advance since I wouldn't be staying...and it was late in the evening already. Yes its old but I like that sort of nostalgia anyways. I'll be staying there again and again as long as they're open! Thanks guys!

• Stayed September 2013
9 Thank Almag1912
Thank you so much for your review! We're very glad you had a great time with us and we look forward to seeing you this season!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
The Break
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Lighthouse Inn of Galilee? Share your experiences!