“Perfect location - Amazing staff - Value galore!”

Lighthouse Inn of Galilee
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We just returned from our second visit to the Lighthouse Inn. The staff there were very welcoming and helpful. Jen, Michaela, Gardner, and Jay became friendly faces that we always stopped to chat with during our daily ins and outs. They were so nice and our stay was so pleasant, we did not want to leave.

This property is older but kept very clean. Our room had been updated since last year and with the addition of one cot, was amazingly comfortable for my husband and I and our three kids. The indoor pool is surrounded by extended enclosed open space where you can sit and relax and even order a drink or pizza. The pool water is crystal clear and refreshing. One day it rained and we spent six hours by the pool having a blast!

We stayed on the second floor and made friends with our neighbors to the right. They were also visiting the Lighthouse Inn for the second time!

Once parked at this hotel, your car is no longer needed until it is time to go home. Walk to the beach, restaurants (many with waterfront decks), stores, ferry, etc... The restaurant attached to our hotel had good, reasonably priced food and a live band one night (no cover, family friendly).

Don't listen to the naysayers! I've traveled all over the world and stayed in all types of hotels from dives to five star + (in Dubai). What makes my stay is cleanliness and friendliness. I got both here!

Kathy

Room Tip: stay harbourside and watch the block island ferry come and go from your balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Kathy N
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Kathy!! THANK YOU so much for your review! You and your entire family were such a joy to get to know while you were here! Thank you so much for the laughs and we'll keep our make-up boxes ready for your return! Maybe we'll get your husband too! We really hope to see you again before the summer is over!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

While we enjoyed our time in the area and had a nice weekend, we were disappointed with the hotel. There are a few good restaurants nearby, the beach is walkable and the ferry right across the street. The worst part was that our shower drained very slowly so we had to shower with other people's dirty water at our feet. We arrived at 2:30pm and they wouldn't allow for an early check-in (which is typically 3pm), but they were able to hold our bags in a back room. The following day we were in Block Island from 9am-7pm and when we came back our room hadn't even been cleaned. The following day (which was a Sunday) we requested a late check-out of 2pm so we could enjoy the beach and come back and shower before heading home. They wouldn't budge. Best part, we saw them cleaning the room after 3pm so our request could've been accomodated, especially since they didn't even clean our room the day before.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Nicole K
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. Although we try very hard to accommodate all guest requests, sometimes we cannot make them all happen. Reviews like yours let us know what service areas we need to focus on to improve. We are glad you enjoyed the weekend and from all of us, have a happy summer!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have always enjoyed the location. It is a short walk to many bars and restaraunts and directly across the street from the Block Island Ferry. The location is perfect! On my last stay the property was very clean and had new bedding. The General Manager Jennifer was extremely nice and accomodating. We arrived early and they were able to give us an early check in. I had a great experience and would recommend to anyone with our with kids for a nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jarrod S

THANK YOU so much for your review!! It means everything to us when we can give our guests the best experience at our home here. For all of us, we are thrilled you had such a good time here and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I love this place! To everyone that complains about the seagull poop.... what do you expect? You're staying right on the ocean!! Get over yourselves and enjoy your vacation! The beds are super comfortable. The showers are amazing. You get cable and air conditioning. Most of all the housekeepers are very thorough and acomidating.

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank cephill

All of here are truly grateful for review! Thank you for letting us know how we're doing and for understanding the seagulls (our permanent guests)! They certainly are a challenge but add to the charm! :) We are all very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and our beautiful area here. From all of us at Lighthouse Inn, have a safe and happy summer and we hope to you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

First of all, let me preface this review by saying that this was literally the ONLY hotel available to stay in for 4th of July in Narragansett (because I was booking pretty last minute) or else I would not have stayed here in the first place. I guess I should have known that there had to have been a reason why this was the only hotel still available on such short notice (one week prior). But, this is by far the worst "hotel" I've ever stayed in. We might as well have stayed in a Motel 6; it might have been nicer. The rooms were dirty and disgusting; I didn't even walk around the floor without shoes on because it looked so dirty.

There were at least 5 spiders with spider webs in the corners of the rooms, not to mention the dead flies on the bathroom floor (really?). The sink was disgusting and there was no stopper in it. The sink for the "bathroom" was in the living area so it was not private at all. And there were no outlets by the counters so I had to dry my hair and use my flat iron on the desk in a chair and crawl very uncomfortably under the table to plug and unplug them. The lamps and alarm clock were unplugged when we walked in (why?). Oh, did I mention the MOLD in the bathroom? Mold...seriously? That is absolutely disgusting, not to mention I'm allergic to mold. I could not believe I saw that.

Oh and the seagulls...while I understand that the hotel is not solely responsible for the seagulls, it doesn't make up for the fact that they are SO unbelievably annoying and poop all over your car. Yes, I read the sign at the front desk that there are hoses and towels available to wash the seagull feces off of my car. But really...that's not what I want to do on my vacation is wipe seagull CRAP off of my car. Thanks, but no thanks.

WORST hotel. Do NOT waste your time or money staying here. Seriously, I had to pay $250 (with taxes and fees) of my hard-earned money on this DUMP? I'm very disappointed and utterly SHOCKED that they are charging people the amount that they are for rooms like these. All I can say is thank God we only had to stay one night in this piece of crap. I will NEVER be back. Save yourself the trouble and don't bother staying here, even if it's the ONLY hotel around. Don't make the same mistake I did!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank leweav01
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to let us know of your stay and the issues you encountered and bringing it to our attention. We are deeply disappointed that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology. I have had the maintenance department and housekeeping go completely through the room and fix and repair all the issues and to ensure this does not happen again

Best Regards

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The location is great, you have the ferry to Block Island across the street. There are shops, restaurants, and the beach is within walking distance. Room was clean, when we got ants, they immediately changed our room and assisted us with moving to the other room. It was nice to have the indoor pool especially when it was pouring outside. We listened to a live band which was actually pretty good. All-in-All we had a nice 3 day stay. Could do without the sea gull poop, but, understand that they are environmentally protected.

Room Tip: If you have children and it rains, the inside pool and arcade come in handy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Liz F

Thank you soo much for your review!!! We truly appreciate the time you took! We are so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time during the 4th of July "hurricane" and we met your expectations during your stay. It was wonderful meeting you and your husband and we look forward to seeing you again in August! Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was easily the worst hotel we have EVER stayed in!!! Dirty rooms, seagull crap everywhere, food was disgusting, NO HOT WATER for 2-days, entered rooms with Do Not Disturb signs on them, vending machines didn't work, fight parking with ferry traffic, towels smelled, no outlets for hair dryers, no toilet paper holders and bugs in the beds. What else can we say? DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank FunJimmy
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to let us know of your stay. Your comments and suggestions are taken quite seriously. We have reviewed the issues you raised and taken action where necessary to ensure that it does not happen again in the future. The restaurant is independent from the hotel and I have forwarded your comments to the ownership, and please allow me to say the seagulls are an on-going battle.... Thank you for your patience.

Regards..

Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
#1 of 6 in New Shoreham
Sandy Shore Motel
Sandy Shore Motel
#4 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Lighthouse Inn of Galilee? Share your experiences!