Blueberry Cove Inn
Atlantic House(Narragansett)
US$288
US$116
Orbitz.com
The Anchor Motel(Narragansett)(Great Value!)
US$153
Priceline
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area(South Kingstown)(Great Value!)
US$225
Orbitz.com
US$334
Sheppard's Place(Narragansett)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswhirlpool suiteelopement packageyogurtwedding cakeelectric fireplacefirst floorlook forward to staying here againthree blockstwo nightsfresh seafoodbed and breakfastbaked applelarge roompoint judith lighthousenight stayceremonyconversation
Reviewed 12 February 2009

As a student at URI, I actually rented a room in this B&B, and loved it so much, I came back as a guest four years later! The owners are continually updating the rooms, so it was neat to see what had changed. We stayed in the Lighthouse Room, which was cozy and comfortable with the electric fireplace and the whirlpool tub. The food was outstanding...the apple starter was amazing and the coconut french toast was so yummy! Our server was very attentive and ready to serve us seconds. The location is perfect a few blocks from Narragansett Beach and lots of restaurants nearby. This is also a great place for parents of URI students to stay while visiting. Great stay...I asked my companion "When can we come back?"!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2008

The Hideaway Suite is an apartment that is physically attached to the Blueberry Cove Inn but is not really one of the B&B rooms. We stayed there for a week. Rate was pretty good ($1250/week) but be aware it doesn't include much except access to the apartment. Breakfast is not included and linens are supplied once for the week. You're even on your own for toilet paper.

The apartment is nice. it was clean and had decent furniture and comfortable beds. It is even air conditioned and has a small kitchen. However, don't plan to cook much on the stove. It is tiny and the pans provided are lousy.

It's a pretty good walk to the beach (Narragansett Town) from here but it is walkable (about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile). They provide beach badges which is really nice.

Beware the mosquitos! The Inn has a little pond just outside the door of the apartment. It is a breeding ground for vicious mosquitos. We regularly got bit walking from the car to the apartment.

We didn't find the innkeepers too friendly but it doesn't matter too much when staying in the apartment as you really aren't a guest at the Inn.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Narragansettrocks, owner at Blueberry Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2008

We try to make it clear on our website and when we talk to potential guests that the Hideaway Suite has two rental rates based on amenities provided. Both rates include telephone access, WIFI, cable TV and use of local menus, patio furniture, yard swings and other common area amenities.

The weekly self-catered rate ($1250 or $179 per night for up to six persons) does not include maid or meal service. Like any cottage rental, personal disposables (toilet paper, paper towels) are not included although we do provide nice linens, kitchen ware, grill on the private patio, and cleaning supplies. This guest recieved a detailed explaination of what was included in the rental by email on the day he booked. (It included the fact that we do not supply paper goods.) If he read that email he voiced no concerns prior to arrival.

The nightly B&B rate for the Hideaway begins at $300 for two persons/one bedroom and includes maid, towel, and meal service, and use of the whirlpool tub which faces the fireplace.

This guest was extremely unhappy that breakfast was not included in his rate. He was told at check in that it was not an option and yet he and his wife showed up in the dining room anyway the next morning. I was unable to serve them and offered directions to local diners that they might enjoy. Later in the day he sent me an email of complaint and we had no further contact during the his week's stay.

This is our first complaint about the pans so I will have to check them when the current repeat guests check out. The stove is a compact (24") electric with four burners, and oven and broiler. It is inadequate for boiling lobster pots but is otherwise adequate for most guests.

I was intrigued by his estimate of the distance to the beach as we have always thought that it was three or four blocks depending on the route. Today my odometer tells me that each of the three likely routes is 4/10s of a mile from my parking lot to the beach parking lot.

I am sorry about the mosquitoes although I don't think my little pond is the problem. The fish seem to eat any larva since they are growing and I don't feed them. We are close to wetlands and woods which are more likely the source of the problem. Kill the mosquitos in the wetlands and you also poison the lobster larva, so what can you do but spray yourself with repellant?

I hope this guest, his wife, his children and his little dog (that stayed alone in the apartment most of their visit) have better luck with future rentals.

Reviewed 11 August 2008

My friend and I had a great girls' weekend at the Blueberry Cove Inn. We don't share any of the opinions of those who gave negative reviews. Our room, the Seashore, was small, but very comfortable, and the private bath down the hall was spotless. One reviewer noted that anyone could use that bathroom, but we were told we could lock it if we were concerned (we weren't, and no other guests used it -- why would they? Every room had it's own bathroom!).

Everything was in working order, and the owners gave us brief tutorials on how to work the air conditioner, ceiling fans, etc. Both Seely and David were very friendly (not at all overbearing) and accommodating.

The breakfasts were great. Coffee was freshly brewed and ready for us each morning, and they provided to-go cups in case you wanted to take coffee to go. One reviewer complained that the breakfasts were small and seconds weren't available, but we felt the breakfasts were just right and we were offered second helpings both days.

Breakfast the first day was eggs florentine, which was prepared in a muffin cup, with a side of 2 sausage links, and choice of toast or English muffin, plus a peach turnover. There was also a breakfast "appetizer" of about 4 ounces of yogurt with a few strawberries. I don't consider eggs, sausage, English muffin, turnover, and yogurt to be a small breakfast and it's comparable with the meals at most B&Bs I've stayed at. Breakfast the second day was another fruit and yogurt "appetizer", 3 blueberry pancakes, 2 strips of bacon. Everything was hot and delicious, and we were offered seconds of everything.

I was surprised at the level of service at the inn. Most inns I've stayed at don't make the bed or change the towels daily (most of the inns I've stayed at were in the Midwest, so maybe it's a regional thing), but Blueberry Cove did.

Also, the first day we were there, my friend requested milk instead of cream for her coffee, and the next morning, there was a pitcher of milk already set out for her. I thought it was nice they remembered.

Other miscellaneous stuff I don't think is mentioned on the web site:
--Beach, shopping, and restaurants are all within walking distance (short walk).
--There is a shared refrigerator/freezer in the hallway where you can keep leftovers, drinks, etc.
--Bathrooms are equipped with a hairdryer, shampoo, soap, sewing kit, shower cap, shaving mirror, etc.
--You can leave your car parked there the day you check out if you want to walk to the beach or other attractions.

All in all, we had a great stay and will stay there the next time we go to Narragansett.!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Blueberry Cove Inn is a great B&B. We stayed in the Seashore room, which looks small in the photos on their website, but was very comfortable. Although our private bathroom was down the hall from the bedroom, this was not a problem, as the hallway was quiet and not a thoroughfare.

The bedroom and bathroom were spotless, the linens were all fresh and smelled good, the pillows and mattress high-quality and very comfy. The proprietors were friendly and professional, without being obtrusive. Breaksfast was delicious, and we loved sitting out on the big front porch at night.

The Inn is within easy walking distance of everything...shops, restaurants, the town beach. We had a great stay, totally relaxing, and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2008

We have stayed here many times (all seasons) over the last 10 years and when we leave we always say "how soon can we come back?" to this B&B and this town. The beds are so comfortable, and the linens and towels are favorites of ours. The inkeepers are warm and friendly, a wealth of information and just so down-to-earth. They serve a great, full-course breakfast at this B&B (and they will share their recipes if you ask!). I think we have stayed in every room at the Inn and each one has it's own charm and comfort!

• Stayed: May 2008