“A Fantastic Introduction to Rhode Island!”
Review of Blueberry Cove Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
Blueberry Cove Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“A Fantastic Introduction to Rhode Island!”
Reviewed 13 December 2010

This was my first trip to Rhode Island. It was wonderful to be able to experience this state in such a friendly setting. Suggestions for activities near by were generously offered and the beach is just a few blocks away. It was nice to be able to walk down to the shore from the Inn. The bed was exceedingly comfortable and breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ellio19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stayed here this past weekend 10/9-10/11 and let me tell you - they should serve lunch and dinner as well. Seely and Dave are fantastic hosts.

Our room was, well a room. A king size bed, 2 windows (one with an A/C unit), ceiling fan, unique bedside lights that could swing out if you were reading a book, an adequately sized TV in a huge unit. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens were fantastic. The pillows (3) all varied in plumpness, bounce, and feeling - which was fantastic in my opinion. I love a squishy pillow and my girlfriend likes them a bit firmer than I do.

The location was about 25 minutes it seemed from Providence but we never hit much traffic and it was pleasant to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city when we returned "home" to the Inn. Often past 11 p.m. to see Seely sitting on the couch like a mom waiting for her kids to come home. It only added to the comfort we found here during our stay.

Now onto the food OH MY the food. Our first breakfast included a bowl of strawberry yogurt, with cantaloupe pieces cut into bite size pieces and granola on the side. Then a fantastic almond/coconut muffin, a bagel or english muffin, and a Florentine omlette with eggs, swiss, spinach and feta. Holy delicious! Saved us money on lunch because we were satisfied until dinner with that spread.

Our second breakfast included a poached pear on vanilla yogurt. I've never had a poached pear but I know who to call if I want one that is perfect - Dave at the Blueberry Inn Cove. Amazing! Then we have orange french toast on a croissant with bacon. I had two of these because while it was only one piece and it was delicious, Seely offered if we were still hungry and I couldn't resist trying it again.

Seriously, the food alone is worth the price of admission here.

One more thing about the room, we had the longest walk to the bathroom (maybe 30 feet?) but also the biggest bathroom. Water pressure was great and the water was always hot, hot, hot.

Free wifi, access to a laptop downstairs complete with printer. Great bonuses.

Loved this place. If we come back to Narragansett, the Blueberry will be at the top of the list!

If you stay and get good weather, head to Jamestown to check out the Beavertail lighthouse - you won't regret a nice afternoon here on the coast line.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magoojoe
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My husband and I had stayed for just two nights, but felt welcome for many more nights. Ceeley and David, the owners, were very nice people and very accommodating. The breakfast that we had both mornings were great. Simple, yet very delicious. The room was comfortable and clean. No complaints about the stay or the accommodations. Recommendations for them, maybe little lotions with the other goodies in the room for those guests with sunburnt skin :o). I would definitely recommend the Blueberry Cove Inn for a great home away from home near the beach that had a cozy, welcoming feel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peanuts0612
InnkeeperSeely, Owner at Blueberry Cove Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2010
I am happy the guest had a great time. Her note about the sunburn brings back memories of my own honeymoon 34 years ago when Innkeeper Dave was badly sunburned and all he could do was soak in a cold tub. So, voila! we now have a spray sunburn relief product in all of the guest room. That doesn't mean you should leave your sunscreen at home though, LOL.

Remember, book early book often, and if you don't stay with us have fun in Narragansett anyway.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This was my first trip to the Blueberry Cove Inn. It was AMAZING! It was relaxing. Close to the beach! Close to food and stores! Dave and Seely go over the top to make sure your stay is perfect! Breakfast was perfect. I've named Dave's sweet treats "Sweet Coves!" They are so sweet! They melt in your mouth and once you are done with breakfast you must retire to your " Cove" to recover before enjoying the city!. Thanks for an amazing stay. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kbwashy
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 May 2010

This was our second time staying at the Blueberry Cove. This time we stayed in the Hideaway suite, and was very happy with our stay. We were able to bring our fur baby with us (dog) which made the stay much better for us :) The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We took full advantage of the fireplace and jacuzzi tub. The breakfasts are amazing! David is a wonderful cook, and Seely makes some DAMN good cheesecake!! and MUFFINS! They are so hospitable and are always asking if there is anything they can do to make our stay more enjoyable. We will be back very soon!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mvolk
Lutherville MD
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I stayed at the Blueberry Cove Inn after attending a business conference over in Newport. Frankly, the prices in Newport were much too pricey for me to stay longer and I was thrilled to have found this place as it was very reasonably priced and it gave me a chance to enjoy the area without breaking the bank. The location to the beach was perfect for me as I love to walk and people watch. The innkeepers were wonderfully friendly and shared a lot of fun stories about their house renovations - they just started a fun blog on their website too that gives you an often-untold peek into the life of an innkeeper.

My room was one with a down the hall bath - which was totally private and only my own. Loved the shower and water pressure~comfy fluffy towels; hair dryer and even a bottle of shampoo in the shower.

The SeaShore room is sweet with a pretty seashore wallpaper treatment and canopy bed. The TV and cable were clear and it had an electric fireplace in the room. I liked the coziness that the heat and flames gave off while I was snuggled up in THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!!

Breakfast started with a small bowl of yogurt with fruit, then coconut french toast and sausage one day, and scrambled eggs and bacon the next. Served very hot and fresh.

I was glad I did not rely on the few negative reviews of this Inn. I LOVED it and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank PegB
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I booked this inn based on the reviews here and was extremely disappointed. What I usually expect from a vacation place to make me happy are the following: a nice bed (comfortable and with high quality and clean sheets), a great shower, nice service and a room that looks good (at least as good as my home). At blueberry cove inn I only got the bed (was nice not extraordinary, good quality clean sheets) of all my expectations. We stayed in the separate apartment and I was very disappointed by the quality of the place inside (except the bed). Everything looked cheap and run down (especially the kitchen and the bathroom - big disappointments- cheap appliances, cheap and old everything) inside the apartment. The living room has a moth infestation problem, making me fear everyday that all my nice tops will be ruined by the moths...every night when we started watching TV the moths would start coming out. The fireplace smelled (although we obviously never used it in august, but as soon as we turned on the AC , the fireplace started to emanate a funny smell). The apartment was clean otherwise. I hated to live in this place and will always regret that I stayed here. What really turned me off badly, the worst thing ever is that the owners expected us to thoroughly clean the place upon departure. I mean, I would have understand if they were asking us to take the sheets off the beds and things like that, but they wanted us to vacuum the whole place, the scrub the toilet and the tub and generally to leave the bathroom sparkling clean, to clean the fridge etc. I have a cleaning lady at my house, and I go to vacation to scrub someone else' s toilet? This was so unacceptable to me !!!! I could not believe when I saw that cleaning list. I wish I knew that list before booking, This was a trap for me, as if I would have known this beforehand I would certainly not have booked this place. So after suffering through the moths infestation, I spent 2 precious hours of my life cleaning this place. Really unacceptable to me. We did not have much contact with the owners, they seem polite and nice, but they should certainly warn people in advance about their expectations for cleaning the place, and the charges associated with that. Definitely, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelLover77_5
InnkeeperSeely, owner at Blueberry Cove Inn, responded to this review, 15 November 2009
I am sorry that the Hideaway Apartment Suite was not up to this guest's expectations. The decor may not be posh enough for TravelLover77 but most guests are content given the location, amenities and pricing. Like most weekly, self-catered rentals we do discuss the cleaning requirements when the reservation is made and provide a cleaning list on arrival. All guests have the option to completely skip cleaning if they are willing to forfeit their cleaning deposit of $150 - a reasonable fee for the size of the Suite and number of guests. I am horrified that the guest never mentioned the moths (which no other guest has mentioned either.) If we had known about the moths or the fireplace odor we could have tried to remedy the problems.

I hope the reviewer has a more agreeable experience on her next Narragansett vacation. I encourage all travelers to discuss problems with their hosts when they occur as things can't be fixed three months after check out.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Blueberry Cove Inn? Share your experiences!