“Its nice to run across a group of employees that enjoys there work”

TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Kingstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I am writing to let you know what a nice experience I had at your hotel recently. It is nice to run across a group of employees that enjoy their work. Tom Riley (Sales Manager) went out of his way to make sure my stay was enjoyable. Andrea, with her wit and humor, shuttled me to the airport and a local store later that day. And I didn't even mention the dancing house keeper. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is new. My room was spacious suite, with kitchenette and a nice size work area to spread my belongings out. I felt like I was in an apartment. I worked in my room for good part of my stay because I felt ao at home here. The hot breakfast in the morning was very helpful to start my day, and the exercise room and the salt water pool were fun to use during my breaks. Thank you for the atmostphere that you've created for your customers.
Maqsood Malik

Room Tip: Dave's Market ( supermarket) across street in the Mall makes great sandwhiches and has a nice sa...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Very good front desk staff; helpful and courteous. Room was clean and kitchenette was helpful to have. Breakfast is very basic without many healthful options.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed in August with our family of three. The rooms were inpecciably clean. More than spacious with full kitchen. A small mall across the road with a grocery. Nice courtyard area with a grill and tables to sit in the evening. Several dining options neaby. Small indoor pool ok for small children. Newport probably 25 min from hotel (we thought is would be a little closer). Overall an excellent option to the more pricey Newport hotels, would be perfect if it was a little closer to Newport and beaches, but we had not complaints.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while attending our daughter's wedding in North Kingstown. Many of the wedding guests also stayed here and everyone was so pleased. The rooms were lovely and very clean. I got very sick the night before my daughter's wedding and my husband had to go down to the front desk for assistance at midnight. They were so understanding and helpful. Luckily, I recovered enough to enjoy the big day. We reserved a room for the bride and her attendants to get hair and makeup done and to get dressed. It was a room with two bedrooms and provided ample space for our needs. The front desk was so accomodating to our every need. Sara made sure we had access to the "make ready" room by 11:00. There were 3 wedding parties staying at the hotel that weekend in addition to a 50th birthday or anniversary. It was packed. Yet, we couldn't have asked for a better hotel. Everything went so beautifully. Thank you TownePlace Suites!

1  Thank P D
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This is my second time here with my partner and I still love this hotel. Close to Newport and Narragansett. The staff is fantastic. Chelsea and Sarah at the front desk are very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank travelingdude81
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed here for 1 night in the king bed studio suite room 222. The hotel was right off of route 1 so it was a perfect for going to Newport or to the beaches/block island ferry (20 miles or so away) as we did. After being checked in by a very helpful front desk girl, I first noticed that there is only 1 elevator for 4 floors. A hotel this size needs 2 elevators especially when its sold out. Upon entering the room, I found the room to be a little small for 2 people but then again it was the lowest priced room they had. They do have bigger rooms such as the 2 queen bed studio suite but that was unavailable on the night I checked in. The room had an extremely comfortable bed, a pullout couch, a 32 inch flat screen tv, and a small kitchen with a stove and refrigerator. The room appeared to be well cleaned. In the morning they have a free decent sized continental breakfast with adequate seating which included assorted cereals, a waffle maker, yogurts, bagels, toast, muffins, a few more items. They have a small gym and a pool. Although we thought about using the pool, it appeared a little dirty on the bottom which made me change my mind. I Would definitely stay here again due to the good location and value.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank emdpetey
Colwen_Management, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a brand new property we’re always striving to exceed expectations and input like yours helps. You’ll be pleased to know that we do have the ability to add a second elevator and do plan to do so in the near future. We’re also pleased to hear that our close proximity to Newport worked out well for you. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Mike Gendrin, General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2011

TowneSuites is a very nice hotel. We were spending the weekend in Newport and found this to be a convenient location and much less expensive than staying in town. The rooms had kitchenettes, were fully stocked with pans and dinnerware if you wanted to cook in, the bathroom was spacious with a full length mirror, and the bed was comfortable. There was a free continental breakfast, nothing great but it was fine for us. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence
Residence Inn Providence Coventry

Been to TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown? Share your experiences!