“Economy close to Newport”

TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Kingstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We wanted to visit Newport, RI, but did not want to pay the exorbitant hotel prices there. We found this Marriott property quite close to Newport for a very reasonable price. It is located in a sort of office park next to a highway, so it is not scenic, but there are some nice restaurants close by and Newport is about 15 minutes away. The rooms are good sized, very clean and quiet. The included breakfast is good with several choices including cereal, breakfast egg biscuits and waffles. The staff is helpful and friendly and I definitely would stay there again if going to Newport.

Room Tip: I always ask for top floor if available. Safer and nobody upstairs to bother you.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2011

We wanted a hotel that was close to Newport and not charging really high weekend rates. This place is brand new and has a lovely kitchen area as you walk in the door to your room. Everything is very efficient and compact without making you feel squeezed in. The room is lovely (we had the king size bed). The only draw back to the place is that they have a lovely sitting/ barbecue area out in front of the hotel but we could not use it because it was filled with people smoking and I have a smoke allergy. It is a smoke free hotel but it is a shame they let people smoke in this area right in front of the hotel. I decided not to use the pool because it is right out front next to this area(smoke did not get in but the people sitting there could watch you swim). It was nice to have a lot of light from windows in the pool area but everyone from the parking lot and smoking area could look right in and watch you swimming, I know pools are out in the open and this seems silly but areas are usually fenced in so that people just parking the cars cannot look in and see. The pool was also a little chipped or dirty at the bottom which for a new pool I could not understand, they should correct this chipped area to make the pool more appealing, otherwise the pool area looked very nice with lounge chairs (some chairs could be out of view of the parking lot so we almost went swimming but decided not to). The hotel is in a very nice area with a Kohl's department store and Dave's market across the street. We enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel. They had make your own waffles, a banana or apple, orange juice, yogurt, hash brown potatoes, sausage patty, cereal and muffins, plus bagels,( cream cheese, jelly) or bread, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. We would highly recommend this hotel, the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and it is close to stores in case you forgot anything or wanted to buy dinner and make it in your room. We enjoyed the pizza at Dave's market. We would stay here again. It is only a 20-25 minute trip to Newport and there was no traffic.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We went up to RI for a 5K race and most hotels were either fully booked or at a premium rate. This one was moderately priced and very nice. It was extremely clean and enough space and a nice flat screen tv. Everything was new, which is nice. We got a regular king bed room and with it came a refridgerator, oven, and, I think, a microwave. We didn't use them because we only stayed a night, but it was a nice addition. It's location is easy to get to and it was very easy to get to Newport, which was a huge plus. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only issue I had were the pool was a lot smaller than it looked in the picture (good if you have kids though) and at nighttime it was easy to hear people in the hallway. I was so tired it didn't seem to matter much and I believe if the TV was on it would help muffle it.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Front desk was smooth and seamless. Room was very clean. Great hotel! Would come back for sure.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Extremely clean and comfortable throughout.Very helpful front desk Many good food locations nearbye.Would certainly stay again Full marks!!

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I am writing to let you know what a nice experience I had at your hotel recently. It is nice to run across a group of employees that enjoy their work. Tom Riley (Sales Manager) went out of his way to make sure my stay was enjoyable. Andrea, with her wit and humor, shuttled me to the airport and a local store later that day. And I didn't even mention the dancing house keeper. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is new. My room was spacious suite, with kitchenette and a nice size work area to spread my belongings out. I felt like I was in an apartment. I worked in my room for good part of my stay because I felt ao at home here. The hot breakfast in the morning was very helpful to start my day, and the exercise room and the salt water pool were fun to use during my breaks. Thank you for the atmostphere that you've created for your customers.
Maqsood Malik

Room Tip: Dave's Market ( supermarket) across street in the Mall makes great sandwhiches and has a nice sa...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Very good front desk staff; helpful and courteous. Room was clean and kitchenette was helpful to have. Breakfast is very basic without many healthful options.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in West Warwick
Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence
Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick

Been to TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown? Share your experiences!