TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown
US$114
Wickford Motor Inn(North Kingstown)
US$89
US$76
Mrs Bees B&B(North Kingstown)
US$128
US$120
Hamilton Village Inn(North Kingstown)
US$127
Priceline
All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskbusiness triprhode islandindoor pooldesk arealiving areagrocery store across the streetstay there againlong weekendcomplimentary breakfaststayed here for one nightshort stayoatmealthe hotel is cleanwe've stayedconvenient location
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Newer hotel with generally nice staff but we had some minor and one major issue while staying there with a large group for a kids soccer tournament that really soured our taste for the property.

The property is only 2 years old and generally well kept. Most staff are polite and friendly. When you check in they hand you a one page document listing a number of policies and rules that include things like it is a smoke free property and quiet hours etc. Nothing too honerous at face value.

There were a number of youth soccer teams taking up the hotel for the weekend for a regional tournament. There was a patio with tables and chairs and a BBQ for your use. Most everyone there utilized this area for pizza and beverages after hours. Apparently one unrelated guest did not tolerate any noise or activity at 9 00 on Saturday night that precipitated a complaint to the front desk. This caused the night maintenance manager to come out screaming at the families rather than asking for a reduced level of noise. She also proceeded to waive the rules at everyone and threaten that they had a 10:00 curfew. She also threatened to call the police if they did not abide.

Later in the evening the unrelated guest apparently did call the police and had them walking around with the rules and threaten arrest to those not abiding.

With groups of hong soccer players on a Saturday night there is bound to be some noise but we found most all to be respectful and courteous. Never was any one group out of hand. This hotel took the unreasonable complaint of one individual and made the rest of the stay quite uncomfortble.

In addition our suite had a persistent leak in the fridge that maintenance did not solve he first day and the bathroom shower curtain had a mold problem. The latter was solved immediately .

The property is in good shape and the staff generally courteous. I am not sure why their policies are so strict and the enforcement out of hand by a few.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just returned from a fabulous week at the TownePlace North Kingstown. I'm a travel agent and I visited the state of Rhode Island over the 4th of July week. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with my husband and two kids. The hotel was extremely clean and very well-maintained. The location was just perfect for us as we spent a few days down at the beaches and took day trips to Block Island, Newport, Little Compton, Tiverton, Providence, Watch Hill & more. We loved having a kitchenette area to store our snacks and water and the living room area gave us the extra space we needed. The breakfast was very basic, but just fine for us. Their was always hot coffee in the lobby and someone at the front desk always greeted us. Before my trip, I contacted the hotel via email and they quickly responded, which was great. I also had a package delivered to the hotel which arrived before my check-in date and when I did check-in the gentleman at the front desk quickly let me know that he was holding a package for me. Also, as others have mentioned the location is right across the street from a large higher-end grocery store. Their is also a Kohls, a Subway and Home Goods. The hotels proximity to all the major highways makes this property a really good base hotel if you plan to explore the area. The property is very easy to find and their are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Including the cute little village of Wickford which was very close. We did not use the indoor pool while we were there, but, we saw others that happily did! Because we traveled during a holiday weekend the hotel was busier than normal and everyone looked as happy as we were. I would definitely recommend this property to my clients and wouldn't hesitate to stay their again myself.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Immaculate room, great staff just all around a great place to stay. We stayed at this hotel one night so we could get the ferry to Martha's Vineyard, which by the way is only 5 minutes away. This property is in a great location. Right across the street from a shopping center that has a grocery store. The room has a great kitchen with a full size refrigerator. Go across the street and and shop a little if you get the chance. You will find a Kohl's, Home Goods and Dave's Marketplace which is a great grocery store. There are a few other shops too. The hotel shuttle to us to a village called Wickford. There you will find small shops and places to eat. Check out the Olive Oil shop. We had two great shuttle drivers. They were professional and courteous. The hotel even provided transportation to the Rhode Island Ferry. The hotel does offer breakfast and it is pretty good. I would recommend this hotel because it just had everything our family needed, I was very impressed. Also the Front Desk staff and housekeeping are great at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The hotel was easy to find and I was impressed with the room. The beds and pillows were very comfy and the locale was very quiet. It had a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and a cook top. We only stayed for two nights (two people) but a family of four could stay comfortably in the room for a couple of days. All of the hotel staff were extremely friendly and went the extra step to make our stay perfect. Breakfast was fresh and they used real eggs not powered.The waffles (make your own from fresh batter) were great and the coffee was hot and fresh. There was a variety of breakfast foods so even the pickiest eater would be happy. We visited Cape Cod, Providence, Newport (The Mansions) and the hotel was centrally located. They even have a salt water indoor pool but we did not have the time to try it out.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and was very impressed with the cleanliness, amenities, and friendly staff at the hotel. This was my first stay at a TownePlace Suite and was surprised that there was a pool on site, a small gym, and free breakfast and internet. The room itself was immaculate - not a speck of dust to be seen. The appliances are stainless and the fridge is full-size. The room was bigger and nicer than my studio apartment in Chicago! The beds were very comfortable and I heard no street noise, though I was on the top floor so that helps. Breakfast was adequate and well-stocked with a variety of cereals and a small hot offering that changes by day. Climate control in the room was great and I especially liked that there was an option to keep the fan running on the unit at all times (I like white noise in the room when I sleep). Lots of towels are provided, and when I asked the Property Manager, "Eduardo", for hand lotion he was quick to provide a few complimentary bottles and was very friendly.

The room's kitchen comes with silverware, glassware, and other utensils, as well as coffee and a coffeemaker. Check-in was quick and easy, and all the staff I encountered were very friendly and sociable. The hotel is located between Providence and Newport, so if you plan to visit both cities during your stay this hotel is a superb option and significantly cheaper than lodging in either city. Kudos to the Property Manager for running such a seamless operation - I will definitely be back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo