“So many fish to see & touch”

Biomes Marine Biology Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Biomes Center is New England's only private marine education facility and the most hands-on aquarium in the region. We've been providing interactive marine biology programs for schools and families since 1989. We specialize in teaching children and adults about the marine animals of Narragansett Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. We offer public hours, special events, classes, field trips, in-class programs, and birthday parties.
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

What a cool place. I was not so sure when I pulled up and when I walked in, but we had such a great time!

The tortoise was a big hit. He kept walking behind us when we would go to walk away so the kids kept going back. He was loving the attention.

It was great to see sea life & know it was local.

So many touch tanks! Never been anywhere else where you can touch several types of sharks and even watch shark pups play.

The kids were able to feed a horse shoe crab as well. Staff was on hand for questions & all so friendly.

Small gift shop with relatable items, not a bunch of garbage.

It was a bit of a trip, but I am sure we will visit again.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Took my two young children to Biomes after someone had suggested after visiting the former location. I was very dissapointed with what they had on site after reading the reviews(iI guess I expected more..). This is a great local place if you are interested in marine life from Rhode Isand shores. They do have a few touch tanks for exploring sea life which was nice. My 3 year old was not impressed, he had more fun in the play area, then exploring the sea life. It is also expensive ($9.00 pp--under 3 free) considering it only took us about an hour in there. It is worth a trip at least once to check it out, maybe your experience will be better than ours.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

My husband & I took our 10 & 12-year-old grandchildren to Biomes. It is a very nice facility! Lots of tanks with many marine animals - with many hands-on touch tanks, including sharks! We had a Groupon coupon, so for very little $$ we had a nice afternoon activity!

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Lots of fun for kids young and old - please note they have moved to a larger location at 6640 Post Rd in North Kingstown. Much more convenient to find now - with more parking! Great fun!

2  Thank BlueLynxx
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We took a Sunday drive down to Biomes in the spring as my son's school had a visit from Biomes and were given free admission cards. The Center is located off the beaten path and was pretty busy while we were there. My son love all of the tanks which were "hands on" where you could touch the mantas, snails, crabs, etc. It was pretty cool to get to watch the sharks being fed. The gentleman who runs the place is very knowledgable and we hung around for some of the presentations. Very inexpensive, fun for the whole family and a nice afternoon to get out and learn about some of our local marine life as all of it is caught locally from our waters!

1  Thank Stephanie P