“Lots to Touch and See!”

Biomes Marine Biology Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Biomes Center is New England's only private marine education facility and the most hands-on aquarium in the region. We've been providing interactive marine biology programs for schools and families since 1989. We specialize in teaching children and adults about the marine animals of Narragansett Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. We offer public hours, special events, classes, field trips, in-class programs, and birthday parties.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the most humble aquariums I have ever been to. It looks like the store front for a fish store perhaps. Inside though is the best touching tanks I have ever come across. The fish are super accessible for all to see and the big turtle is fun to observe. There is a little play area our toddler loved as well. Overall a great find!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My son had visited the Biomes on a preschool class trip this past June and has been begging us to take him back ever since. We decided this past rainy Friday was a good day and he was thrilled. There are many hands on exhibits which are easily accessible for even smaller children. There is also am adorable play area for smaller kids which has lots of fun, interactive activities that they can do alone and with you. For older kids, there are picnic tables with activities more like "science experiments" and Legos, etc. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful too. Our son's most favorite attraction... the Finding Nemo tank! It is a fantastic replica of the tank from the Finding Nemo movie along with all the characters listed in a book for kids to find in the tank. Adorable!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The new Biomes is wonderful. So much larger and more open than the old place. My grandkids loved touching the sharks, feeling the creatures in the touch tanks and also being able to hold and feed the horseshoe crabs. The kids at my five year old grandsons birthday party there had a great time.

1  Thank Jane T
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My 3 year old had a wonderful time here. We spent over 3 hours and would have stayed longer if our schedule would have allowed. She enjoyed touching all the sea life that was available to touch, as well as the hands-on learning activities. There were a number of staff and volunteers working while we were there, cleaning and assisting visitors. The facility is very clean, including regularly changing the towels located near each touch tank to dry your hands off. It kept her interest so well we will be back.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I didn't have high hopes when I walked in, but this place was great from my two kids under four years old. It is highly local and has lots of tanks, and touch tanks. We easily spent an hour here and walked away with more information to inform our beach visits. The hours are a little odd (12-4 or something like that) but it's worth a look if you live in the area and have interested kids.

1  Thank DCMANYC