“Decent -- clean and good value”

Americas Best Value Inn - Providence / North Scituate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Scituate
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Ok people, this is not the Ritz. But, for a convenient, low-cost, safe, and clean stay in the northern part of RI, this is it.

Stayed two nights around Christmas, and the place was empty. The young man who lives on premises (his parents own the place) was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, comfortable, and even had plenty of outlets for the various computers, smart phones, tablets, etc. that everyone seems to have. Right across the road is a shopping center with a grocery store, fast food, pharmacy, etc.

If you want ice, you need to ask the front desk for it. They have a Keurig with coffee selections also at the front desk.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gillian D

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Reserved a non smoking room but the room I got was smokier than a cigar smoking club. Person at the desk had difficulty understanding me and I her. Room way to hot, amenities such as bars of soap so small I had to change glasses to see them. When reservation was made I was told that very few rooms were available yet I counted only four guests staying at the facility. I asked for an upgrade per my Value Club membership and got a blank stare. Advertised a diner next store, it's there but wasn't open the night of my stay or the next morning. Other vthan the price the best part of my stay were the clean sheets.

Price is great but money isn't everything.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Joel C
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have stayed at this motel for about 15 years (long before it became Americas BVI). I was there for the 1st renovation and it was a huge improvement. This is the 2nd reno I have seen and I am happy they are trying to keep it up. The bed was very comfortable, and room had new carpet, tv, drapes and bedspread. The bathroom didn't look like it was renovated. The sidewalk outside the rooms looked very were nice. The son took care of us at check in and he is very friendly and accommodating. It is usual to get bath towels and wash cloths. Hand towels are rarely given and I think that would be an improvement. They have kept the price affordable from previous years. We stay 3 nights on Columbus Day weekend to participate in an art show in the town.. .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank jackiedee2010
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have regularly stated at this motel for every trip to Providence RI. This is the best motel I have ever visited. Its cleanliness, and detailed care is above and beyond. You can see the manager of this motel takes pride in running the business. Recently I was further shocked because he has remodeled everything, its all brand new and not cheap furniture, tv's etc either...

I highly recommend this stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sean A
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Fantastic, Re-modeled, Great Furniture, Great Value, Amazing, Service.

My story:
I had a close family friend’s funeral to quickly get to. I was devastated in tears and quickly jumped in my car, after several hours of driving I was exhausted it was very late and my Audi signaled a flat tire forcing me to pull over at the first motel my GPS could find. As I pulled in the guy at reception ran out and I stepped out of the vehicle.
Him: “Are you ok? Your tire is going flat and I heard you come in”
I thought no S@#
Me: “Yea I need a room”
Him: “Sure problems”
He quickly took my card and checked me in
Him: “Do you have triple A”
Me: “Yes for some reason handing him the card”
Him: “Your room is over there, walking me in”
I walked in the room and all I remember is closing my eyes. Knock on the door 6am I am still dressed in the same clothes didn't even get under the covers.
Him: “Triple A is here passing me a Coffee”
Me: “Huh”?
Him: “Yes you told me that you had an early meeting and had to leave by 6am.”
I don’t remember any of this…. I reach to my pockets, he sees this and hands me my triple A , and credit card.
Him: “Go freshen up” “I’ll take care of the triple A”

I get ready jump in my car, leave him a cash tip and leave, 15 minutes after leaving it occurred to me what had happened. Folks he saw my struggle, the look on my face and the hardship I must have been going through. He went above and beyond, on my journey back I called my wife picked her up from the airport and we spent a few days enjoying Scituate at this magnificent re-modeled motel.

Its folks like this with proud hospitality and care for ones business that makes America. God Bless

Room Tip: just smile
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DOD123
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This is a nice motel on the outskirts of Providence but within an easy 15 minute drive to downtown. Very clean, well kept and staff were very pleasant. You can not beat the price either.

Tip: Cindy's Diner is next door and is a great place for breakfast!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NHWhiteMountains
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We booked this hotel for our stay in September 2013 for 3 nights and loved it so much we stayed here again on our way back home to Florida after traveling around New England. Wonderful staff and very friendly. Our first comment driving up to the hotel was, "Wow, this is so clean, like Disney" Remodeled, clean and fresh. Quiet, too. Will definitely stay here again. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Providence Biltmore
#6 of 13 in Providence
Hotel Dolce Villa
#11 of 13 in Providence

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Providence / North Scituate? Share your experiences!