“Party of 75 for a 60th Birthday”
Review of Pines - CLOSED

Pines
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My sister-in-law booked a 60th birthday party for my brother. First time for many of us at The Pines. The lower level banquet room was very nice....seemingly ideal for such an occasion. Everything was going well until it was time for food. We ordered a buffet, with cheese and crackers to be served BEFORE the buffet. The kitchen was TOTALLY UNPREPARED for the event. The guests arrived at 6 pm for a 6:30 'Surprise'. By 7:30pm, people were getting drunk and asked for food. We approached the 'bar tender' (a real CRANKY man) and asked about the cheese and crackers...he said that was to be served with the 7:30pm buffet. (? seriously??)A few minutes later, a peek in the kitchen revealed that the tray of cheese and crackers had not even been prepped as yet. Cheese and grapes finally came out with NO crackers. The owners better had HUGE liability limits..since people were geting very intoxicated. The buffet finally came out and the beef (which was tasty for raw meat people) was BLOOD RED. The bar tender told us that WE ordered it that way because MOST people like their beef RARE. (?seriously?) Needless to say, none of the guests were able to enjoy the beef. OBVIOUSLY, they cooked the beef minutes before guests arrived. It was REVOLTING!!! Also, by 10:30pm many guests began to leave and we began to gather the centerpieces....the 'bar tender' yelled at my husband that he was 'scaring' people away from the bar by collecting the centerpieces...ALL HE CARED ABOUT WAS BAR SALES>>>The Pines missed their opportunity to impress about 50 new people in their establishment. Too bad.

1  Thank Nancie P

Reviewed 20 January 2013

The Pines was great the first two times I went. In fact my favorite dish, the steak tips, is definitely amazing! The service however, is poor enough to stop me from returning. The wait for our food was much too long during both of my last two visits, service fair at best... and last night the management proved that this trend is unlikely to end. After our much too busy server delivered appetizer plates on top of the glass of wine I waited too long for, shattering it across the table, the manager did not come over to apologize. Later, after we were too hungry to wait much longer for our dinner, we told our server we planned to leave if our food was going to take more then another 10 minutes. She explained that the wait was because we ordered appetizers and Saturday nights are busy. The manager finally came to our table and reiterated that Saturdays are always like this. He didn't mention the glass, empathize with us, or even comp a round of drinks or offer us dessert! Dinner made it to our table, and the steak tips were great (per usual), but I think I'll go to the Western up the road instead from now on.

3  Thank Alicia S
Reviewed 19 December 2012

This review is for the Pub that is attached to the restaurant. Great food, great deals every night. Live entertainment. You have to try the Pines wings. They use a special seasoning. One of my favorite spots.

1  Thank Joe_Carchia
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Very nice inside since the remodel. The food is very good, especially the prime rib and shrimp scampi.

Also the staff is very friendly and accommodating. The only downside is the food can be slow to come out of the kitchen due to it being to small since remodeling and packing the people in.

If you are not in a rush you will enjoy this place. Great spot for the whole family.

1  Thank E W
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This past weekend my wife and I decided to dine at the Pines. We had not been there for a while and it has changed quite a bit. I ordered bake stuffed shrimp and my wife ordered bake stuffed haddock topped with crab and a cheese sauce. The stuffing on my over cooked shrimp was a round ball of awful tasting stuffing and my wifes meal had too much cheese and imitation crab.
The service was still good but the food was not.I guess it will be a while before we return.

1  Thank Michael P