“Always great”

Pines
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is the third time Ive gone there and the food is always outstanding. They have made some great improvements and the entertaiment on weekends is always top notch! Can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We've been to the Pines twice and both times the food has been consistently good.
They have family style chicken dinners which are delicious. Great family restaurant!
Off the beaten path, we thought we were lost when we first tried to find the place, appears to be out in the boonies , not much to look at from the outside , but, when you get inside , you're pleasantly surprised.
They have keno in the sports bar area, handicap accessible, huge lower function room. Dining room cute with a huge stone fire place.
Service was great!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

It was ok the restaurant is usually better but I believe they should be a little more organized. The waiter was great.

2  Thank Chey21601
Reviewed 15 February 2013

First time eating at the pines the atmosphere was ok and our server was very nice. But then came the food it was inedible soup was barely Luke warm salad was good but really how can you mess up lettuce tomato and cucumbers the house dressing was tasty. Out cam the entrees I ordered Newport Chicken and it was rubbery like it was cooked in the afternoon with mashed potatoes that were mustard yellow in color and could have been used as mortar to hold up a brick wall. My wife ordered twin BBQ pork chops and it was like eating sawdust. After one bite of each meal we both pushed them aside and the owner walked by several times seeing the meals pushed aside and never stopped to talk to us. After 20 minutes I told my wife to wait in the car and I got up and found our waitress to get my bill. She said you haven't had desert yet and I responded the food was inedible and I just wanted to pay our bill and leave. Now the owner stepped in finally and asked what was wrong. I explained my frustrations and he was very polite about it and said he wouldn't charge us for the food and asked what he could do to make me happy. I told him that it was to late my wife was in the car and I want to at least pay for the bottle of wine we shared and at least tip the waitress for doing her job

1  Thank Jway55
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My sister-in-law booked a 60th birthday party for my brother. First time for many of us at The Pines. The lower level banquet room was very nice....seemingly ideal for such an occasion. Everything was going well until it was time for food. We ordered a buffet, with cheese and crackers to be served BEFORE the buffet. The kitchen was TOTALLY UNPREPARED for the event. The guests arrived at 6 pm for a 6:30 'Surprise'. By 7:30pm, people were getting drunk and asked for food. We approached the 'bar tender' (a real CRANKY man) and asked about the cheese and crackers...he said that was to be served with the 7:30pm buffet. (? seriously??)A few minutes later, a peek in the kitchen revealed that the tray of cheese and crackers had not even been prepped as yet. Cheese and grapes finally came out with NO crackers. The owners better had HUGE liability limits..since people were geting very intoxicated. The buffet finally came out and the beef (which was tasty for raw meat people) was BLOOD RED. The bar tender told us that WE ordered it that way because MOST people like their beef RARE. (?seriously?) Needless to say, none of the guests were able to enjoy the beef. OBVIOUSLY, they cooked the beef minutes before guests arrived. It was REVOLTING!!! Also, by 10:30pm many guests began to leave and we began to gather the centerpieces....the 'bar tender' yelled at my husband that he was 'scaring' people away from the bar by collecting the centerpieces...ALL HE CARED ABOUT WAS BAR SALES>>>The Pines missed their opportunity to impress about 50 new people in their establishment. Too bad.

1  Thank Nancie P