“Worst experience ever”

Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
South Grafton, MA
Reviewed 29 July 2005

My fiance and I work alot and have very little time together. The weekend that we planned to get away was the only weekend off together for the next 6 months. We were very excited to spend some time down in the Newport area. After an extensive search I found the inn on the web and was very pleased with how it looked and its proximity to Newport. I reserved a room via the website and received a email saying that they had received the reservation and would send a confirmatory email soon. The next day I had not yet received an email and I emailed them checking that everything was okay. It was not until later that day that I received an email from them saying that they had given away the roon I had reserved as I had accidently booked the room for 1 night and they wanted people who would stay 2 nights. I emailed back ASAP and explained that I was desperate to get a room as everything else in the area was booked out. They were in no way helpful and when my fiance did call they did not seem to care about our plight and had given our room to another couple. I am appauled with their lack of communication as in the original reservation I had provided my email address and phone number. A simple call to say that they would prefer us to book 2 nights would have been greatly appreciated as we would have done so promptly. Do no expect the Shamrock Inn to be up-front and ensure that you get what you ask for. Calling them directly may be better than using the website.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 30 May 2005

My husband and I just spent 3 beautiful days touring the Newport and surrounding areas. This was a delayed honeymoon and we had our hopes set on a special romantic hideaway. The Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast doesn't disappoint! Billy, the innkeeper, has done a fantastic job of remodeling a barn and turing it into a quaint 6 room Inn. The suites are spacious and decorated to reflect the irish heritage that is evident through out the Inn.
Billy and his daughter Kirby are warm, welcoming and gracious hosts. The fact that the inn is about 10 minutes north of Newport is a plus. It forces you to see more of the area and get out and explore! Which we did with a side trip to Providence and a visit to the Newport Vinyards.
We will be back again and would recommend this gem to anyone looking for special time with their "love".

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank nsquare
Reviewed 13 February 2005

We stayed at the Shamrock Farm Inn on Feb.12, 2005. We don't live far away but needed a getaway. We were very pleased with our stay. The staff was friendly and informative. The rooms were beautiful and very clean. The breakfast was wonderful. You are only a 10 minute drive from downtown Newport. To sum up our feelings..... Quiet.... Quaint and Quite The Place!!!!! We hope to be back soon for another stay.

• Stayed: February 2005
3  Thank Susan D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2004

I still can't believe what a beautiful place this was and how inexpensive it was. We just got home after spending two nights at this beautiful inn in Portsmouth and hated to leave!

We did a package for one night and just the regular rate for one night. What we got was breakfast in bed each morning (full huge breakfast), in our suite when we arrived was: chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and fruit and cheese tray.

Our suite was the Edinborough. Incredibly comfortable king bed, huge bathroom with jacuzzi for two and they had some wildflower smelling bath grains which were so nice. Our room had a fireplace too. Not that we used it in August, but definately will when we come back in the Fall.

In the afternoon, Bill the owner, hosted an Irish happy hour. Irish music playing, cheese and crackers, wine and beer...it was great. He is so warm and welcoming. He is just the perfect innkeeper - has found what he was meant to do in life.

Ok, so the best part is this: For all that, our bill was $540 before the tax. Can you believe that? I was looking at staying at inn in Newport (which is all of 10 minutes away) and for one night in a comparable size room they wanted $350.

We'll be back there again. If you go, I suggest: The Edinborough Suite and the package deal

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Travelodge Middletown Newport Area
Bristol Harbor Inn
Bristol Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport
Quality Inn & Suites Middletown - Newport

Been to Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!