“Doesn't get any better”

Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2006

As soon as you arrive at the Shamrock Farm inn , the grounds echo the fact that you are at a special place. The warmth and coziness of the place is exceptional. The rooms are spatious and beautiful. The kingsize bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on at a hotel or inn. The large jacuzzi tub and separate shower were wonderful. The way the Inn is laid out everyone has an excellent amount of privacy.The breakfast are wonderful and the hospitality of the innkeeper William and his daughter Kirby was exceptional.This place epitomizes relaxation whether you are sitting in the garden reading the Sunday paper or having wine and cheese on the verandah. We will be going back. My only reluctance in writing this review is that it might make it harder for us to book in the future. A real jewel.
Dick and Joan
York Beach Maine

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank Mainelytravel
There are newer reviews for Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 22 July 2006

I just got back from a 4 day stay at The Shamrock, it was WONDERFUL!!! I took my mother because she needed to de-stress and loves everything Irish. It was PERFECT for that, relaxing, beautiful, and the innkeepers are wonderful. The rooms are beautifully decorated with large tubs and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. There was a beautiful fireplace in the room and the views were amazing. The breakfast put the trip over the top. I contacted the Inn by it's website and received a confirmation email the next day, I also asked for a recommendation for a good irish pub (it turned out to be a great one) and I was directed to a great place for lobster that was not in the crowded part of the city (it was perfect). We were close to Newport (10 minute drive), we visited Bristol, Portsmouth, and Tiverton along with Newport. It is a beautiful place and I can not wait to come back soon. It has a very romantic atmosphere and would make a great romantic getaway. The room even has a fridge and wireless internet. Thanks Bill and Kirby for making my Mom feel welcome!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mlnorvell
Reviewed 17 July 2006

My husband and I decided to head to Newport as a last minute getaway and thought about staying downtown. Boy am I glad that none of the Inns downtown had any rooms because our find at the Shamrock Farm Inn was a wonderful surprise. The place is beautiful and very well maintained. It was really nice to be outside the hustle and bustle of downtown Newport but only a short drive if you wanted to be downtown. The innkeepers are wonderful (William and his daughter). The gardens are spectacular and worth taking many photos. We were so impressed by the restoration of the Barn (inn) and no detail was forgotten. The rooms are very comfortable and the a/c came in handy as this weekend was very hot. The fresh muffins in the morning followed by fruit and a hearty breakfast was all one needed to keep you going for hours. We would highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for some peace and quiet close to Newport. If you are a road biker and love taking in some scenery there is a nice 30 mile loop in Tiverton/Little Compton which is worth doing.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank vtgayda
Babylon, NY
Reviewed 26 February 2006

My husband and I stay at Shamrock Farm over Valentine's Day and it was absolutely perfect. Outside: The inn is in the country so there is much land and the owner obviously is into the landscaping. I bet is it beautiful here in the summer. The is Koi pond off the terrace that was just lovely. Inside: Huge entry hall/foyer. The building was a barn of somekind in it's previous life and now the interior is very open and spacious. We had a scrumptious breakfast in the morning in the cafe area. Our room: The Spencer Dugan room -- so very, very nice. Incredibly comfortable bed, room was very large, great bathroom and very, very well kept. My husband and I have been together forever and this was the perfect place for us to get away from the hecticness of our lives and just enjoy each other. Highly recommend this inn - will go back in the summertime.

Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Danbury, CT
Reviewed 17 October 2005

The Shamrock Farm was wonderful - we were there last October, and having just found TripAdvisor, I wanted to take the opportunity to share. The inn's manager was wonderul. She arranged a late arrival for us, leaving a nice welcoming note, and was very helpful with pointing out area activities. Our room was beautiful and it was nice to be a little bit "out" of Newport. We couldn't have asked for anything better and have yet to find it in subsequent inns we have stayed in. When we head that way again we won't do it without a reservation at the Shamrock!!

• Stayed: October 2004
New York, NY
Reviewed 22 September 2005

We had an amazing four-day stay here!

The converted barn that houses the B&B is really cool. Our room was large, immaculately clean, very comfortable and even had a wonderful Jacuzzi bathtub. The grounds are stunning. My favorite spot is the koi pond. I don't think the website pictures do this place justice -- it's absolutely beautiful, inside and out.

Breakfast is top-notch and the proprietor Billy is very friendly and helpful.

I can't imagine a better place to stay in the Newport area. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2005
South Grafton, MA
Reviewed 29 July 2005

My fiance and I work alot and have very little time together. The weekend that we planned to get away was the only weekend off together for the next 6 months. We were very excited to spend some time down in the Newport area. After an extensive search I found the inn on the web and was very pleased with how it looked and its proximity to Newport. I reserved a room via the website and received a email saying that they had received the reservation and would send a confirmatory email soon. The next day I had not yet received an email and I emailed them checking that everything was okay. It was not until later that day that I received an email from them saying that they had given away the roon I had reserved as I had accidently booked the room for 1 night and they wanted people who would stay 2 nights. I emailed back ASAP and explained that I was desperate to get a room as everything else in the area was booked out. They were in no way helpful and when my fiance did call they did not seem to care about our plight and had given our room to another couple. I am appauled with their lack of communication as in the original reservation I had provided my email address and phone number. A simple call to say that they would prefer us to book 2 nights would have been greatly appreciated as we would have done so promptly. Do no expect the Shamrock Inn to be up-front and ensure that you get what you ask for. Calling them directly may be better than using the website.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Travelodge Middletown Newport Area
Bristol Harbor Inn
Bristol Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport
Quality Inn & Suites Middletown - Newport

Been to Shamrock Farms Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!