“Fabulous Breakfast”

Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Small clean atmosphere. Waitress was excellent - friendly, helpful. There were four of us there for a late breakfast on a Wednesday morning - not busy. We all had omelets which were superb - fresh ingredients with some imagination thrown in. Would definitely return. Our son & his wife have eaten breakfast there many times & the staff are very attentive about his soy allergy - never a problem or inconvenience!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Deceptively simple interior, but the food is absolutely delicious. Ask for both a breakfast/brunch menu and a day menu. Location is a bit tough, being on a fast-paced main road, but totally worth it. Great service.

1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were attending the Newport Jazz Fest and looked for a place to have breakfast in the morning. We found Cindy's Country Cafe and decided to eat there. It is a very small place and they were very busy, but luckily a couple of tables became available just as we got there. We were seated almost immediately and looked over the menu. They had several specials and their regular menu to look over. My son and I ordered from the special's menu and my husband and daughter in law ordered from the regular menu. Everything was fabulous. My Eggs Copenhagen was perfectly done and I asked the sauce to be on the side, which they did. My husband and daughter in law had an omelets that were outstanding and my son had Stuffed French Toast which was fabulous. He got the full order, but unless you are very active, half order is more than plenty. The coffee was nice and strong and we got refills as needed. We were impressed with Cindy's Country Corner and will go and eat there again if we are in the area.

2  Thank Helix1661
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Place had good ratings on Yelp but my experience was the opposite. Looks like a dive shack waiting for the bulldozer to show up, though that is part of its charm. The coffee tasted like old Chock Full O’ Nuts, the eggs were rubbery, the sausage burnt, and the only thing “French” about my toast was when it touched my tongue. Service was friendly and decent.

1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Nice little place for breakfast. Their home fries are excellent and their breakfast sausages are top notch! My only wish was that they would have a breakfast combination of pancakes/french toast along with eggs, bacon and home fries so that things don't have to be ordered a la carte. Also, blueberry pancake was a bit lackluster. I didn't get it, but they have Portugese sweet bread french toast (also stuffed french toast) that I saw others ordering and it looked outstanding!!!

2  Thank Kim G