“"Hidden" gem”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Grill not easy to find in the boatyard as reviewers said..Food above par. Had signature Portuguese chowder with piece of fish/stuffed quohoag.Girlfriend loved fish tacos/fish was treated very well.Will be going back real soon.

1  Thank R8842IIjamess
There are newer reviews for Melville Grille

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is a very nice place with a great setting in the Melville Marina area right on the docks. If I lived a little closer it would be a great place to hang out or visit regularly after work. The food is always very good however the service is inconsistent but never bad, just inattentive. If you have not tried it, I encourage to to do so.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had a great lunch here at a large comfy table with a water view with 2 of my BFFs. The burgers and fries were great, but the yummy chicken bomb pizza, topped with grilled chicken, caramelized onions, mushrooms, creamy alfredo sauce and mozzarella will definitely bring us back very soon. Our server, Reggie, was friendly, attentive and flashed his winning smile often. We had a wonderful lunch and did not feel rushed.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Three times this past month we had to keep going back to the Melville Grille.
The real reason is for the General Tso's calamari. Outstanding. Of course the pizzas and other dishes are great but this is a must. The Seafood Chowder also is fabulous. Winner of several awards now the chowder is not to be missed. My wife had the salmon which was cooked perfectly and I had a great chicken dish. Nice view of the marina in Portsmouth which adds to the ambience. fun place to go to enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We live locally and were looking for a nearby 'non-tourist' dinner spot which wouldn't break the bank either. Nice out of the way location. Located on a marina which makes for a nice view if you are seated outside. We were inside so no view but that was okay.

Staff was very attentive and friendly. Facilities were clean but perhaps a tad dated. Probably not a spot for a romantic dinner.

I'd rate the food very good, not terrific but that's okay, we were not looking for gourmet. We were just looking for a nice meal for a reasonable price where we could visit with friends without having to yell above the crowd.

I ordered the salmon which I don't typically order in a restaurant since it is often over cooked but this filet was nicely done. Two at our table had the swordfish and they were quite pleased.

One member of our group ordered a vegetarian chili in a bread bowl. I didn't try it but she was pleased and tried to duplicate the dish the following night.

We shared a couple of desserts, a cheesecake and layered white cake with berries. Both were tasty and huge. Much too big in fact but reasonably priced.

I think that next time we'll wait for an outside table so that we can take advantage of the harbor view. While it won't be on the top of my favorite list, I'd definitely return.