Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
“Very nice”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I just spent a weekend at this hotel in Smithfield ri. It was
Very nice . The girl at the desk was very helpful and cheerful. The room was quite spacious for 4 ppl. The one downside I would have to say was breakfast. Disappointing. Aeful actually but.... Overall stay was great. Very clean also. That was important to me.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Maryland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here 3 nights last week, has gone downhill since last year. While the room was clean and well stocked, there were problems elsewhere. The exterior door off the side parking lot was broken and would not lock our entire stay, this would allow anyone access to the hotel. Saturday morning breakfast had very little food available, and no employees around at 8am. We had to leave and come back down to eat. Coffee was often low, cold, or unavailable. Really cheap toilet paper. We return to this area every September for an event, we will probably stay elsewhere next year. While the stay was not unpleasant, it was not up to Holiday Inn Express standards.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Lisa S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our guests experience is paramount to our success and your input prompts us on areas to improve.

To touch directly onto your specific concerns I would like to inform you the door lock you mentioned was repaired on the day it was brought to our attention. We addressed your concern regarding breakfast and will be scheduling more staff on days of high occupancy. We have also changed our toilet paper brand...need I say the brand, but it is very luxurious.

Thank you again for your input and rest assured, we take action on all guest comments and recommendations.

Please call me directly on your next trip to the area as I would like to personally make your arrangements and restore your confidence with our hotel and the brand.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Scott
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Please be aware that this hotel charged my credit card without authorization. After canceling a room with 2 weeks notice the hotel still charge my credit card for the full amount! I spoke with manager Scott B. regarding this matter, he was extremely rude and unproffessional. He afford me no resolution to this matter. He stated that the hotel was at capacity so he had to charge my room, he later admitted this was untrue. He then stated that there was no record of me canceling! Please be careful when reserving a room here with a credit card, it is a scam. Oh and if you have a problem management will not be of any assisstance. Filed a claim with the BBB.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear elizabeth w,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield Providence, RI. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
nyc
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We do a lot of traveling for business. This is probably THE BEST hotel we've stayed at in the US in the past several years. The check-in staff was very efficient and helpful, and the lobby is very inviting. The "business center" is in a small room off the main lobby which gives you some privacy and quiet. Our room was spacious and lovely and divided into 3 separate areas: an area to prep food/beverage ( frig, micro, coffee pot), a sitting area ( with a comfy couch and large table to work)) separated from the sleeping area by a "half-high" wall, and a sleeping area with very comfortable bed and bedding (which looked very clean and inviting). The bathroom was large and recently renovated. The breakfast room was large and lovely with many choices, including a machine which makes pancakes! There was more than enough food available as the breakfast lady was constantly around refilling items and cleaning up. The indoor swimming pool was lovely, although it could have been a little warmer. There were lounge as well as straight back chairs at the pool area which also had a good supply of towels. a nice place to relax ! The hotel was great and we will definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We faced the back (even numbered room) which was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is actually one of the beat hies I have stayed at, the lobby and breakfast Are fantastic. Very healthy, and well organised
I actually loved the rooms. And thought them to be a lot cheaper than the hotels in providence. And this was not too far from the Main city.

• Stayed July 2013
Idaho
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have stayed at dozens of HIEs and this is among the worst we stayed at. We were there for 4 very long days. Here are few of the main issues: Breakfasts were rarely re-stocked (even at 8:15 a.m. there was almost no food left!), coffee was almost always empty. Lobby was dirty -- dusty, the chairs need to be cleaned (arms are filthy from guest hands), very uninviting. The rooms were not cleaned well or consistently. The first day my towels were grimy, the ice bucket wasn't emptied nor a new plastic bag given, so it sat for 3 days with water at the bottom of the bucket. The room coffee maker was broken. The floor in the bathroom didn't seem clean -- often dirt streaks on the floor. We weren't given re-stocks of shampoo/soap/etc.One morning I was awakened by loud talking at the front desk. The final day I was awakened by the DESK CLERK talking to someone in the business room who was working on the computer. It was 4:00 a.m. When we left, there was no acknowledgement of us leaving, no one was at the front desk. Often. We pre-paid or we would have checked out and gone to another area hotel in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Scott B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Shirley O,

Thank you for your review, and expressing your experience. We greatly appreciate your taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We pride ourselves on providing the best guest experience possible and it seems we may have dropped the ball, rest assured we will take the necessary steps to continue to improve our services. Once again, thank you for taking the time to express your experience. Please call me directly on your next travel to our area as I would like to arrange your stay personally.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I needed to print something in the business center the printer was out of toner when I arrived thursday and still no toner monday morning. Front desk let me send an email to them so they could print it. If this had been confidential I could not have done this. Laundry room was out of soap for our four day visit also. Gave soap I bought to another guest, who also asked front desk for soap.
I used the exercise room but the ac did not work.Maintenance said when they washed it they didn't let it dry before starting it. This has what to do with why they didn't place a service call. Breakfast never changes, the orange juice dispensor was giving watered down juices. This hotel has new owners, and new staff, not as clean as the year before. Read reviews before assuming it is as it was your last visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear simpeau,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience that you have encountered during your previous stay with us. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your expectations with regard to our business facilities and fitness center. We endeavor to meet all guests’ expectations at all times and regret that we failed on this instance.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Smithfield.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
All Seasons Inn & Suites
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield
Courtyard Providence Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket
Americas Best Value Inn - Providence / North Scituate
Providence Marriott Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence? Share your experiences!