“Excellent management service.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Miami
“Excellent management service.”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

As I have stayed at this newly renamed Holiday Inn many times, this trip I carefully reviewed the helpfulness of the management, as well as the condition and cleanliness of my room, as there has been a change in ownership.

As I am a bit older, this trip I hired a driver and black car to take me from Boston to Smithfield. The service was excellent (Boston Limo), but I was left in Smithfield without a car for two days. I had of course arranged a cab in advance (Smithfield is too far from Providence to warrant its own cabs, apparently), so as to compensate.

The day of my meeting, the cab did not show up. As my meeting was important, and I had to be there early (only mile or so away), I finally had to ask the nice lady at the desk –Ashley-for help.

She understood the problem right away, and put a sign on the counter and ran me to my meeting with Honeywell.

When my meeting was finished, I was driven back to the motel by a friend. But, I was now left with no cab to take me to my favorite restaurant in town: Parente’s. The Holiday Inn Director of Sales, Scott Brodie, hearing of my second need for a ride, immediately offered a ride to Parente’s where I normally dine while in Smithfield.

[Side note: the staff at Parente's, knowing I’ve diner there many times over the years, also helped out by taking me back to the Holiday Inn after two meals there. And, the food had gotten even better since the last time there about 3 months ago. Try their home-made soup.]

All in all, the staff at Holiday Inn was excellent in their service to a guest. Thanks Ashley and Scott. Well done!

Recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eatontown, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Smithfield Holiday Inn Express, and the accomodations were clean and nice. But what really made my stay special was the staff. In particular- Zachary went out of his way to assist and accomodate. He was so pleasant and friendly, and made my stay a real treat. He offered suggestions for restaurants and cab services as well.

All hotels should have employees this professional and fabulous!!

thanks Zachary!
Vanessa

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Breakfast, room, and service is extremly great. The cleanest hotel I've ever stayed. Staff were extermly wonderful, helpful, and kind. I got stuck at really bad accident and was recommend this hotel by Glocester police department. They provided all of my requests and everything was great at hotel. I recommend this hotel for great service, good night stay and safer environment.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I just spent a weekend at this hotel in Smithfield ri. It was
Very nice . The girl at the desk was very helpful and cheerful. The room was quite spacious for 4 ppl. The one downside I would have to say was breakfast. Disappointing. Aeful actually but.... Overall stay was great. Very clean also. That was important to me.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Maryland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here 3 nights last week, has gone downhill since last year. While the room was clean and well stocked, there were problems elsewhere. The exterior door off the side parking lot was broken and would not lock our entire stay, this would allow anyone access to the hotel. Saturday morning breakfast had very little food available, and no employees around at 8am. We had to leave and come back down to eat. Coffee was often low, cold, or unavailable. Really cheap toilet paper. We return to this area every September for an event, we will probably stay elsewhere next year. While the stay was not unpleasant, it was not up to Holiday Inn Express standards.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Lisa S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our guests experience is paramount to our success and your input prompts us on areas to improve.

To touch directly onto your specific concerns I would like to inform you the door lock you mentioned was repaired on the day it was brought to our attention. We addressed your concern regarding breakfast and will be scheduling more staff on days of high occupancy. We have also changed our toilet paper brand...need I say the brand, but it is very luxurious.

Thank you again for your input and rest assured, we take action on all guest comments and recommendations.

Please call me directly on your next trip to the area as I would like to personally make your arrangements and restore your confidence with our hotel and the brand.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Scott
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Please be aware that this hotel charged my credit card without authorization. After canceling a room with 2 weeks notice the hotel still charge my credit card for the full amount! I spoke with manager Scott B. regarding this matter, he was extremely rude and unproffessional. He afford me no resolution to this matter. He stated that the hotel was at capacity so he had to charge my room, he later admitted this was untrue. He then stated that there was no record of me canceling! Please be careful when reserving a room here with a credit card, it is a scam. Oh and if you have a problem management will not be of any assisstance. Filed a claim with the BBB.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear elizabeth w,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield Providence, RI. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
nyc
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We do a lot of traveling for business. This is probably THE BEST hotel we've stayed at in the US in the past several years. The check-in staff was very efficient and helpful, and the lobby is very inviting. The "business center" is in a small room off the main lobby which gives you some privacy and quiet. Our room was spacious and lovely and divided into 3 separate areas: an area to prep food/beverage ( frig, micro, coffee pot), a sitting area ( with a comfy couch and large table to work)) separated from the sleeping area by a "half-high" wall, and a sleeping area with very comfortable bed and bedding (which looked very clean and inviting). The bathroom was large and recently renovated. The breakfast room was large and lovely with many choices, including a machine which makes pancakes! There was more than enough food available as the breakfast lady was constantly around refilling items and cleaning up. The indoor swimming pool was lovely, although it could have been a little warmer. There were lounge as well as straight back chairs at the pool area which also had a good supply of towels. a nice place to relax ! The hotel was great and we will definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We faced the back (even numbered room) which was very quiet.