Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here with a group for a regional event. The good: Recently remodeled so rooms were fresh, bathrooms clean and everything worked. The bad: You can here people walking above you and hear doors slam. I'm not a fan of "free breakfasts" but this was marginally acceptable, coffee weak, limited offerings but at least you could get a banana. I'm not sure I would go back even for one night.

Room Tip: Request top floor to eliminate noise from above.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the rooms.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding sound proofing and breakfast selection. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is an updated hotel with large, clean, comfortable rooms for today's traveller with convenient, accessble plugs for all of the technology that needs to be charged for my day tomorrow (unlike the other National Chain that I stayed in last night in NH). The real plus was Zachary at the front desk. From the moment I walked in, he went out of his way to Wow! I had a conference call that I needed to complete before I checked. He recommended a quiet private area. I didn't know my loyalty number. Before I could get up to the room and call him with the number, he had located it and called me. He aided me as I was looking to find good local food for delivery. This was a great customer experience. I typically stay at that 'other' chain...Holiday Inn Express will become my new Hotel of Choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here because we have family in the area. The room was ok, but nothing great - average bed, not super clean but not unsanitary. They have a very basic breakfast available in the mornings. About 30 minutes after check out, I realized that I left my IPod in the room & called immediately. Received the typical runaround, was supposed to get a call from the head of Housekeeping in a few hours but I didn't get a call. When the hotel finally got back to me, they couldn't find the IPod despite me being able to tell them the exact location where I left it. It wasn't shocking that my item was gone but still disappointing. I wouldn't recommend this place or stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Scott B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Talluha13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our guests comments only give us the oportunity to
address issues in positve and occasionaly not so flattering.
We opoligize for the not so positive experiance...certainly this in not our standard order of operation.
In regards to your ipod, we opologize for the delay in getting back to you but it is our position to exhaust all avenues and search the hotel top to bottom. This of course lends us to conveying to you that we did indeed take your issue very seriously.
Again we opoligize for not meeting your expectations and look forward to having the oportuniity to restore your faith in our hotel.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I needed to stay near Cranston for business and this location was recommended to me. They were in the middle of major lobby renovations (which was fine) but all the ice machines had been removed and ammenities were limited. The worst issue is that it's primarily a business hotel and as of this posting, on my second night, no access to wi-fi, although it shows full signal. I went to the front desk to complain after the second night (with a project due) and was given a 1-800 number to call to their internet provider. They provider was polite, but useless. I was told they needed a piece of equipment which would not be delivered until tomorrow. There's also a rattling pipe above my room that sounds like someone's knocking on my door everytime the person upstairs moves around, and the only thing that works at night is my heat, so I'm forced to sleep with the window open.

Room Tip: Go across the street and stay at The Hampton Inn
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Scott B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, without our guests input we would be unable to take action towards any issue our guests might incur during their stay.

We opologize for the bumps in the road that you encountered during your stay. We pride our selves on providing excellent acomodations and service. It seems we may have dropped the ball for you.

As not to excuse ourselves of any responsibilty for your not experiencing the best of our standards, sometimes during a renovation somethings are out of our control due to physical aspects of the building.

We are renovating the hotel to enhance our guests experiance and raise the bar even higher that we are now. We take every precaution and contigency to avoid any disruption to our guests during this time. Unfortunatly it seems you had to experience the "not so pleasent end of a renovation". For this we sincerely opologize.

Upon your next stay in the area, please call me directly as I would like to arrange your accomdations personaly.

We look forward to having the oportunilty to host you again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here as it was recommended by the wedding party for being close to the reception. House keeping needs improvement, inside refrigerator was dirty and had odors. Cob webs above curtains and in corners. This is an old hotel that was renamed and partially renovated, still has the old furniture. Wanted ice and had to go to front desk as there were no working machines (only one machine and on second floor). If we were to stay in this area again, this would not be our first choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Singlejacket,

Thank you for your review.....our not meeting your satisfaction is cause for review on our part.

We take all of our guests comments to heart on a proffessional and personal level. We take pride in providing the best accomodations to our guests.

Rest assured your issues have been addressed and we apologize for not meeting your expectations.

I hope we can host you again in the future and have the oportunity to change your perception of our hotel.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed for 6-7 days. Overall good service. Beatiful Hotel.Rooms were exceptionally clean, Good. Hotel staff was helpful and quick in response.I loved to stay again when ever i visit Rohde Island Smithfield.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

my husband and I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Smithfield, Rhode Island. we stay at Holiday Inn Express is in Holiday Inns regularly and out of all the ones that we have stated this one in particular is most beautiful. The service is wonderful, the rooms are exceptionally clean, and Zack at the desk is such a pleasant person and made our stay even more amazing. Thank you so much to the Holiday Inn Express team and we look forward to staying with you again real soon.
Best Regards,
Jaclyn & Rich Piccirillo

• Stayed: January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
#1 of 1 in Pawtucket
Omni Providence Hotel
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence? Share your experiences!