“A quiet evening after a hectic day”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
New Cumberland, United States
“A quiet evening after a hectic day”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I spent the afternoon visiting my 91 year old mother in an assisted living facility, and I was looking for a quiet, clean, relaxing atmosphere to spend the evening. The staff was very helpful in recommending an excellent restaurant right across the street DCarlo. The room was clean, fresh, and I loved the thick quilt on the bed. I would definitely go back again when I visit my Mom.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Debra F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us . We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and hope you will return again soon. Best wishes to your mother !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
plymouth, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel has an ugly view and while most of the staff were nice.. the second shift man had an ego issue.. using his position to create drama and revel in the chaos.. I watched him tell a woman in a snarky voice that a shuttle would be arriving at 5:30, she replied she needed it immediately .. he said that was the best he could do.. until he realized she was attending a wedding.. then all of a sudden the shuttle became available. He was rude to my friend who was to be married on the 17th... she chose the hotel due to it's location to the venue. However, after our check in expierence she regretted her decision... My own issues were also distressing... over all I am not happy with the hotel, the time I spent there , or the check in/out ... and the night I paid for I never got.. I am expecting a full refund..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Spent 2 nights at hotel. Room was clean and spacious. Breakfast choice was superb and plenty of room to sit and eat. Chose this location blindly and glad I did. Front desk employee was cheerful and extremely helpful. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for talking the time to write about our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Please return again soon!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am a loyal Hilton Honors member so I chose to stay at this hotel because it's the only Hilton property close to my business destination. My room smelled dank and musty, like there may have been mold somewhere. And the person in the room above me was a STOMPER! But the hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful. I'll probably stay here again because I am loyal to Hilton and this hotel is the only Hilton property close to my business destination.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are sorry that the room did not smell fresh for you and we weill work on correcting that. We appreciate your business and your loyalty and hope you will return soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel was clean. Reception was friendly. Room was average. Could hear walking over head throughout the night. Walls were thin. Asphalt business outside the hotel, not the best view or smell. No bathtub. Shower worked well. Bed was comfortable. If staying for multiple nights I will likely try out another option.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to avoid overhead walking noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are sorry that you were not completely happy with your stay and appreciate your feedback. We are always working to improve and hope you will give a another chance when you return to the area.
Hudson, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

when checking in for 2 nights and only charged for one that I paid cash for. was asked to give CC for incidentals so we did. when leaving n trying to check out had no record of my cash pmt. was told all was ok. I get home and check my account I was charged to 2 nights. I called no manager have to wait 2 days till she is in. Meanwhile Now i have boucned check cause I've been charged for and extra night! When finally get manager she will credit back one night in 3-5 business days but not my bounced check fee for there mistake!! I wil never stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so sorry to heat that you had trouble with your account and believe that it has been resolved for you. Thank you for taking the time to write and we hope that you will give us another chance.
Port Jefferson Station, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Lovely little Hampton Inn, it is well just that. I like most Hampton Inn's and this one was very nice, newer hotel, well kept! The Cookies and popcorn were such a nice touch in the lobby upon check in. Nice Hotel & Great Staff!
Heather seemed new at check in, but WAS sweet as ever. Keiojsa was a great trainer/helper! She recommended a lovely place for dinner we all enjoyed. THANK YOU!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Debra F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for the nice response! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff! Please return again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield? Share your experiences!