“Musty odor, dirty sheets... we won't be back.”

All Seasons Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
New York City, New York
“Musty odor, dirty sheets... we won't be back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

My family stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend, while visiting friends and family in the area. Our expectations were pretty low, considering that this is a "budget" hotel. However, even those low expectations were not met. When we arrived, as soon as we opened the door, we noticed a very musty smell, and the room was very damp. We had to wear our shoes at all times while in the room, due to the damp feeling and dirty appearance of the rug. In addition to the musty smell, the first night we stayed I turned down the comforter to get into bed and there was a huge stain in the middle of the sheets. I called the front desk immediately to request clean sheets. If I can say anything positive about this hotel, it was that the individuals working at the front desk and the service people were friendly and promptly responded to our request.

In addition to the musty smell and dirty sheets, there were several fixtures in the bathroom that were not in working order, including the shower curtain rod that was not installed properly, causing the shower curtain to not stay closed and water to get all over the bathroom floor every time we showered. We're lucky that the whole contraption didn't come crashing down onto one of us. The shower curtain rod was not even secured into the wall and the screws were hanging out. The hook on the back of the bathroom door was also not installed properly and was one touch away from falling off.

Needless to say, we spent the least amount of time as possible in the hotel, returning ONLY to sleep at night. At any price, the unsanitary, run down conditions of this hotel were unacceptable, but particularly for the rate that we paid (which was not "budget" by any stretch of the imagination!)- inexcusable. We will not be returning to this hotel, and have advised family and friends visiting the area to stear clear!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ILJ08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

This is a exceptionally well run hotel. It is clean, comfortable safe & secure for both family's and business travellers alike. it has expensive beds,beautiful pool,hottub& well maintained 16 acres of land (lots of flowers&plants) The owners are always on site and willing to spend HOURS conversing with their guests or accomdateing any need that may arise.The manager even drove a older lady to the mall .A another guest had a light bulb burn out & it was fixed within 7 minutes

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

I average about 150 days in Hotels per year and have no problem recommending those that provide value to me. This hotel is off the main highway just far enough that there is very little noise. As I sleep days this is of great concern to me. New units provide great temperature control year round.
Close to a number of different eating places and general services. In the summer you can just relax around the pool.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Chicago,Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

I was traveling from Chicago to Lincoln for a business trip. One of my friends suggested me this place. He told me that this is a very quiet place that is ideal to relax after a busy work day. I enjoyed my every moment of stay here. Lincoln mall is just 3 miles. They have excellent staff especially they guy who works here at night - Ashvin. He was available all the time. I travel every other week from Chicago. I have decided that I will stay only here.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
smithfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

i had a very pleasant stay in the hotel and the staff were very pleasing and kind in their behaviour...Overall its a nice place to be in...

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

My Fiancee and I were scheduled to stay here the weekend of July 4th. On the nite before, we had a family emergency. I called the hotel at midnight. It appears no one knows who to talk to about anything, including headquarters. They would only cancel 2 nites, because I didn't give enough notice. I spoke to the hotel and explanined my situtation to see if they could help me out. She informed me the manager, Bhrat, was not in until the next day. I called at 10 am and he wasn't there. I had to turn off my phone because I was going into the hospital. When I came out I called the hotel, the woman at the front desk, said Bhrat took care of everything and I was all set. Two days later we were charged for the hotel. When I called back, Bhrat , the manager told me I was mistaken and no one talked to me. I called headquarters and that manger , Chuck, told me that it's the hotels policy and that they will speak to Bhrat. Here is my advice to you all, don't stay here!
I was going to a family reunion in the area, and spoke to other relatives who were going to stay there, and they left. Because the rooms were filled with mildew and wet carpets. So I suppose if you enjoy rude managers and disgusting rooms, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveler30Nj

Travellers are raving about these Smithfield hotels

Staunton VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2008

The Quality Inn was clean, quiet, safe and we enjoyed our stay very much. There are numerous restaurants nearby as well as decent (not great) shopping. It was an easy drive into Providence, especially if your destination is the northern part of Providence (our daughter goes to Providence College). We felt like we got a great value. Bed was very comfortable, no funny smells, pool, hot tub, wireless Internet and A/C worked great. Front desk personnel were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast had make your own waffles (although they ran out of supplies on Sunday around 9:45, but it ends at 10:00). All in all, a great stay and we will return!

• Liked — Cleanliness and proximity to Providence.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Downtown Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown

Been to All Seasons Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!