“I'll sleep in my truck first!!”

All Seasons Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We arrived at this facility at 200 am after a long day on the road. It was off the I95 but it was the only place we could find with a room available. We checked in with ease. Staff was great. We proceded to the 2nd building and found our key did not work in the door. We found our way into the building through a door thar didn't close and proceded to our room. As soon as we entered the building we were almost knocked over by the smell of cigarette smoke. I am a non smoker and knew this was a smoking room but this place reeked! I found out the coded key didn't work for this door either so I had to trudge back to the front office and was promptly provided another.
Our room reeked of cigarette smoke so we opened the window wide for fresh air.
I guess what I am saying is this was a $55.00 room and we paid $120. for it. The room was clean but dated. Not a bad size. Plumbing fixture were at the end of their life cycle. Carpet was old. Place was vacummed and linen was clean. It was likely the 2nd worse room I have ever stayed in and I will never ever stay in a Quality Inn ever again.

Room Tip: drive to somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Mollyg
SmithFieldInn, General Manager at All Seasons Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Thank you for taking time to express your view. Thanks for complimenting on friendliness of our staff and housekeeping. For the people who can’t kick the habit, we do offer the choice to smoke in the few designated smoking rooms. When we are close to full occupancy and left with only smoking room, we do disclose prior to rental that the available room is a smoking room. We do deodorize and change the bedding but cigarette smells are offensive to most people.
Keys are magnetically coded so if you put them near high magnetic field like cell phone it does not work after that.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
We are thanking you for staying with us. If you decide to comeback to this area, please reserve the non smoking room and you will experience the difference.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

We often stay here when visiting for family situations. They always accommodate us when we need to extend our stay or check out early. Thanks to everyone for trying to make us as comfortable as possible during a difficult time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Bobbieb51

Thank you for your generous review and continued patronage. We are very fortunate to have guest like you. Thank you for staying with us.
GM
B Patel

Reviewed 26 June 2011

We just stayed at the Quality Inn for a lacrosse tournament at Bryant University. I am a semi-picky mom of four children, and have been all over the place for sports tournaments and for college shopping. First the pros - the hotel is very conveniently located near Bryant. The staff was friendly, and parking was ample. The beds and bathroom were clean. Breakfast was the usual for these type hotels. Now the cons - this is an old hotel. We also opened the door of our room to an awful musty smell. Having one son deathly allergic to mold, I asked the manager to come to the room to see what I was talking about. He explained that the hotel was built on ledge, that there were many trees, and that created a humidity problem. I repeatedly said " the room smells musty" and he repeatedly explained that the problem was humidity and he would bring in a de-humidifier to the room. I gave up, and had him open the window - which only opens 6" for security reasons - understandable but doesn't help with the smell. The manager nicely called later to say he had a room available on the second floor, which did not smell musty, but we had settled in and remained in our room.

This hotel required a two night stay with no cancellation, and any changes or cancellations have to be made three days before the reservation for refunds. When I made the reservation, I didn't notice this policy (my fault), but find it hard to believe that this type hotel doesn't have a standard cancellation policy and one night minimum. I did get a reminder email about the cancellation/change policy the week before our stay, which was nice. The day before we were to leave, plans changed, and we only needed one night stay. I knew I was out of luck, but now will never book at a hotel where I cannot cancel the day of travel or have a minimum length stay. The reason this was particularly annoying, is that although we only stayed one night, the price for two nights was over $350. This hotel is overpriced.

After all the traveling I've done recently, I have learned something new, too. Any hotel that offers smoking rooms is probably an old hotel, and will always smell like smoke. If we return to the area, we will not be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Cumberlandmom

Dear valued guest,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your last stay.Our goal is to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing experience while staying with us. In the future, if you have experienced any dissatisfaction, please feel free to contact me directly. The hotels number is 401-232-2400, ext 151. Thank you for staying with us.

B Patel

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Hotel was good good parking and so called good aminities but the staff was unprofessional not dressed well kind of uncomfortable to see in hotel breakfast was ok, all readymade stuff nothing like Hampton inn
Also the keeping is not good lawns were untidy but clean no landscaping hotel looks old from inside will not stay again :(

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Sam1201
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My family stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend, while visiting friends and family in the area. Our expectations were pretty low, considering that this is a "budget" hotel. However, even those low expectations were not met. When we arrived, as soon as we opened the door, we noticed a very musty smell, and the room was very damp. We had to wear our shoes at all times while in the room, due to the damp feeling and dirty appearance of the rug. In addition to the musty smell, the first night we stayed I turned down the comforter to get into bed and there was a huge stain in the middle of the sheets. I called the front desk immediately to request clean sheets. If I can say anything positive about this hotel, it was that the individuals working at the front desk and the service people were friendly and promptly responded to our request.

In addition to the musty smell and dirty sheets, there were several fixtures in the bathroom that were not in working order, including the shower curtain rod that was not installed properly, causing the shower curtain to not stay closed and water to get all over the bathroom floor every time we showered. We're lucky that the whole contraption didn't come crashing down onto one of us. The shower curtain rod was not even secured into the wall and the screws were hanging out. The hook on the back of the bathroom door was also not installed properly and was one touch away from falling off.

Needless to say, we spent the least amount of time as possible in the hotel, returning ONLY to sleep at night. At any price, the unsanitary, run down conditions of this hotel were unacceptable, but particularly for the rate that we paid (which was not "budget" by any stretch of the imagination!)- inexcusable. We will not be returning to this hotel, and have advised family and friends visiting the area to stear clear!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ILJ08
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This is a exceptionally well run hotel. It is clean, comfortable safe & secure for both family's and business travellers alike. it has expensive beds,beautiful pool,hottub& well maintained 16 acres of land (lots of flowers&plants) The owners are always on site and willing to spend HOURS conversing with their guests or accomdateing any need that may arise.The manager even drove a older lady to the mall .A another guest had a light bulb burn out & it was fixed within 7 minutes

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I average about 150 days in Hotels per year and have no problem recommending those that provide value to me. This hotel is off the main highway just far enough that there is very little noise. As I sleep days this is of great concern to me. New units provide great temperature control year round.
Close to a number of different eating places and general services. In the summer you can just relax around the pool.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket
Hampton Inn Pawtucket
Hampton Inn Pawtucket
#1 of 1 in Pawtucket
Courtyard Providence Lincoln
Americas Best Value Inn - Providence / North Scituate

Been to All Seasons Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!