“Something lurking there”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Smithfield
nh
“Something lurking there”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed here 2 nights in June 2012. The room was nice & clean. Everything from the TV to the shower worked fine. On the 2nd night we killed an insect which I had never seen in my life. It turned out to be a household centipede. After some Googling on my smartphone that night, I joked to my family about this insect being known for eating budbegs. That should have been a warning to me.

After returning home, I discovered some redness on my upper arm, which was itching like crazy. As the days went on, I thought back to the centipede we killed and began to seriously wonder just what he was doing there and what his diet was. I looked up bedbug bite photos on the web, and sure enough, I have a rash which appears to be consistent with a bedbug bite. In all my 49 years, I have never developed a rash such as this from any other insect sting or bite.

We took a photo of the centipede before we squashed it. I'm sure the hotel knows they have an issue. Maybe that's why the place was almost empty when every other hotel in the area was booked solid for the weekend.

Makes you wonder

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LostinBohol
SmithFieldInn, General Manager at All Seasons Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for taking time to express your view. We do appreciate that you have stayed with us for multiple nights.
Getting back to what you have mentioned about centipede, as know from Google search that the found almost everywhere, there are vegetation. It is commonly found pest and it does not require any special treatment.
Here is link

Yes we have 16+ acres of land with trees; it gives a natural park look in the suburban neighborhood. We do maintain the vegetation around pool and building to have insects intruding close to building. But centipede does like the cool area and crevices. We do have pest control treatment to avoid them close to building but not in everywhere.

We are very sorry that you had experienced the bite from centipede. But we disagree that it was other type of bug as you had speculated.

Once again thank you for taking time to express your opinion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hudson, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Check-in staff extremely helpful and accommodating with changing my room to be next to others in my party. Very pleasant. gentleman at the front desk. Housekeeping attendant the next morning was very pleasant regarding our unexpected late checkout as was the front desk clerk who issued me a new key card as it was getting close to expiring (due to it being close to checkout time). I was given current copies of local papers on check-in and of course there were new ones waiting for me outside my door the next morning. This property sits away from the road in a scenic setting. Nice. The room was clean. Bathroom clean. Non-slip bedspread (I hate those nylon things that fall over the place). Loved (!) the pillows. I think there were 4 on my king-sized bed. They were very, very comfortable. Liked them so much that I mentioned as much to others in my party and they agreed. Good internet speed. Desk chair comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MTWeb
Milford, MA
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Having stayed at the former wayside Inn now Quality Inn North Smithfield) a number of years ago i was pleasantly surprised with the upgrade in accommodations. The property is well-maintained, I remember a humidity problem that left a smell, the first thing I noticed was fresh and clean everything seemed. The new owners obviously upgraded the facilities,
the staff is very attentive and helpfull, all in all it made for a great stay - Thanks to all -

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Dave W
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We arrived at this facility at 200 am after a long day on the road. It was off the I95 but it was the only place we could find with a room available. We checked in with ease. Staff was great. We proceded to the 2nd building and found our key did not work in the door. We found our way into the building through a door thar didn't close and proceded to our room. As soon as we entered the building we were almost knocked over by the smell of cigarette smoke. I am a non smoker and knew this was a smoking room but this place reeked! I found out the coded key didn't work for this door either so I had to trudge back to the front office and was promptly provided another.
Our room reeked of cigarette smoke so we opened the window wide for fresh air.
I guess what I am saying is this was a $55.00 room and we paid $120. for it. The room was clean but dated. Not a bad size. Plumbing fixture were at the end of their life cycle. Carpet was old. Place was vacummed and linen was clean. It was likely the 2nd worse room I have ever stayed in and I will never ever stay in a Quality Inn ever again.

Room Tip: drive to somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Mollyg
SmithFieldInn, General Manager at All Seasons Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Thank you for taking time to express your view. Thanks for complimenting on friendliness of our staff and housekeeping. For the people who can’t kick the habit, we do offer the choice to smoke in the few designated smoking rooms. When we are close to full occupancy and left with only smoking room, we do disclose prior to rental that the available room is a smoking room. We do deodorize and change the bedding but cigarette smells are offensive to most people.
Keys are magnetically coded so if you put them near high magnetic field like cell phone it does not work after that.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
We are thanking you for staying with us. If you decide to comeback to this area, please reserve the non smoking room and you will experience the difference.

Travellers are raving about these Smithfield hotels

South Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We often stay here when visiting for family situations. They always accommodate us when we need to extend our stay or check out early. Thanks to everyone for trying to make us as comfortable as possible during a difficult time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Bobbieb51
Thank you for your generous review and continued patronage. We are very fortunate to have guest like you. Thank you for staying with us.
GM
B Patel
Cumberland, Maine
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We just stayed at the Quality Inn for a lacrosse tournament at Bryant University. I am a semi-picky mom of four children, and have been all over the place for sports tournaments and for college shopping. First the pros - the hotel is very conveniently located near Bryant. The staff was friendly, and parking was ample. The beds and bathroom were clean. Breakfast was the usual for these type hotels. Now the cons - this is an old hotel. We also opened the door of our room to an awful musty smell. Having one son deathly allergic to mold, I asked the manager to come to the room to see what I was talking about. He explained that the hotel was built on ledge, that there were many trees, and that created a humidity problem. I repeatedly said " the room smells musty" and he repeatedly explained that the problem was humidity and he would bring in a de-humidifier to the room. I gave up, and had him open the window - which only opens 6" for security reasons - understandable but doesn't help with the smell. The manager nicely called later to say he had a room available on the second floor, which did not smell musty, but we had settled in and remained in our room.

This hotel required a two night stay with no cancellation, and any changes or cancellations have to be made three days before the reservation for refunds. When I made the reservation, I didn't notice this policy (my fault), but find it hard to believe that this type hotel doesn't have a standard cancellation policy and one night minimum. I did get a reminder email about the cancellation/change policy the week before our stay, which was nice. The day before we were to leave, plans changed, and we only needed one night stay. I knew I was out of luck, but now will never book at a hotel where I cannot cancel the day of travel or have a minimum length stay. The reason this was particularly annoying, is that although we only stayed one night, the price for two nights was over $350. This hotel is overpriced.

After all the traveling I've done recently, I have learned something new, too. Any hotel that offers smoking rooms is probably an old hotel, and will always smell like smoke. If we return to the area, we will not be staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Cumberlandmom
Dear valued guest,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your last stay.Our goal is to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing experience while staying with us. In the future, if you have experienced any dissatisfaction, please feel free to contact me directly. The hotels number is 401-232-2400, ext 151. Thank you for staying with us.

B Patel
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Hotel was good good parking and so called good aminities but the staff was unprofessional not dressed well kind of uncomfortable to see in hotel breakfast was ok, all readymade stuff nothing like Hampton inn
Also the keeping is not good lawns were untidy but clean no landscaping hotel looks old from inside will not stay again :(

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Sam1201
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Courtyard Providence Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express Woonsocket
Americas Best Value Inn - Providence / North Scituate
NYLO Providence/Warwick

Been to All Seasons Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!