“Services”

Holiday Inn South Kingstown
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in South Kingstown
“Services”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

The staff was awesome. They were all very nice and helpful. I had a great time. They even hav e the contact of a personal driver to help you get around if you don't have a car. The room was nice and the bed big. But it's mostly the staff that I appreciatedthey were awesome!

• Stayed September 2013
Lisa8011, General Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
We take great pride in our hotel and it shows through our wonderful staff. They will be very glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations while staying with us.
Doug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Conn
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was a decent hotel, but they were charging almost Newport pricing. It's not near anything, just off Rte 2 so why such a high price??
Rooms were average and not anything special. All and all a standard Holiday Inn except for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Lisa8011, Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for your recent post letting us know how your stay was. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed here two weekends ago with friend for a wedding we were all going to. Good location off the highway, and convenient. Rooms were clean, pretty good bar downstairs and staff were friendly. All in all, your standard Holiday Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Lisa8011, Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thank you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay and that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to you staying again with us in the future.
New England
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spent the night at this Holiday Inn when on business in southern RI, and found the hotel to be clean and very comfortable and all the staff was friendly and helpful. The only minor shortcoming is the very limited size of the workout room--only three machines. I also ate at the on-site restaurant, which was very good. There aren't a lot of choices for hotels in this part of the state, and this one was well located right on route 1, not far from the airport, and near the cross route to Newport (route 138).

Room Tip: The elevators are at the end of a long hall, so ask for a room near the elevator if you will be on a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Lisa8011, Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you letting us know we were able to meet your expectations when staying at our hotel. We look forward to you staying again with us in the future.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here when we came to bring my son to the University of Rhode Island. The reception was very hospitable and helpful. The beds are comfortable and the room was very clean. In fact the housekeeping staff were very friendly. The breakfast was a hearty and good. I had the vegetarian omelet one morning and the blueberry pancakes and both were excellent. The only drawback was the internet connection which wasn't very reliable. It was a quaint litlle hotel and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid staying by the vending machines!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lisa8011, Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for letting us know that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations while staying with us at the Holiday Inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
New Jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel whenever I am in the area over the last many years. This hotel has always been the best in friendly staff and a great clean room. Sure rates are high in the summer and not being far from the beaches.. A simply supply and demand a basic business principle which some just cannot grasp and complain about prices. I always stay at this hotel no matter what time period I need to be there and the hotel has always made my stay a great stay and no complaints . They are always happy and smiling and always willing to interact with us and not just brush us off. They gave us great food ideas and yes, Iggys clam shack was still the best. We stayed once at the other hotel down the street because the Holiday inn was sold out, decent enough room but the service was just not there. Lack of friendliness and really only the basic in interaction. Sorta a bland cold feeling. We will never stay there again and will book earlier so we can get a room at the Holiday inn. And to those other reviews I read, if you can't afford it then Don't go to an expensive area in the summer,, I bet any money if they owned the hotel they would be doing the same in pricing.... Yes expensive on weekends but when I leave I don't feel like I was ripped off, the friendliness of the staff and a great pool, will be back many years to come....

• Stayed August 2013
Lisa8011, Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are happy to hear the we have met and exceeded your expectations each time you stay with us. WE look forward to seeing you again in the future.
North Scituate, Rhode Island
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I tried to book a room in a block of reserved rooms at this hotel for 10 days. Every time I’ve called (401-789-1051) to make a reservation I have waited on hold from anywhere between 5 minutes to 30 minutes and have not gotten an answer. This block of rooms was reserved for a wedding I will be attending and this is where the guests will be staying. I tried to circumvent the problem by booking a room outside the block but this attempt failed as well due to the hotel not having any vacancy (I imagine because of the block of rooms we reserved). I also attempted to reserve a room by calling central reservation (866-307-2224). They could see our block but could not reserve a room in it; they attempted to contact the hotel twice and had the same issue with no one answering the phone. I finally made one last ditch effort today and to my surprise someone answered after 10 minutes of holding. I spoke with Doug [--] and politely expressed my concern with the hotel staffs lack of answering the telephones. I feel as though I should have tried to book my room before I did this because he seemed to get defensive and was completely unwilling to help. I had to explicitly ask him to look up the block reservation. He simply stated the reservation had expired and nonchalantly asked if I had looked anywhere else in the area. I explained that I had not due to the fact that most of the family including the wedding party was staying at this particular hotel. I then had to ask him to check for any other availability in that hotel (something I feel should have been done without having to ask). His response was “all booked up”; I’m sure that you do not train your staff to be so crass. If he had simply apologized and chosen his words more carefully I would not be writing this letter. I do not think it’s too much to ask to expect a response like “I’m sorry sir but the hotel is fully committed to other guests”, I don’t even work in hospitality and I know this. Annoyed at how rudely I was being treated I asked what his manager’s name was. He said “Doug”; I had to ask for Doug’s last name and he said “Doug [--]”. When I asked to speak to him he told me he was Doug [--] and that he was the manager. I was shocked. I have a hard time believing a manager would treat or talk to a customer the way he did and I am hoping he was lying or that “every employee is a manager” or something along those lines. I do not feel I was treated with respect and certainly not like a customer. I was already upset about the amount of time I had wasted on hold for the last few weeks but after this experience I will avoid staying at any of your hotels in the future. I think it’s sad that one bad employee can really disrupt something that is supposed to be fun and happy. I will be reserving a hotel nearby but this means I do not get to see my family as much as I would have had I been allowed to reserve a room in your hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ryan M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Ryan M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I sincerely apologize for the lapse in service with regard to your reservation. We always aim to provide the best customer care and seamless reservation system and deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

Your experience is not reflective of the high standards we pride ourselves with. You comments are troubling, as such, these will certainly be looked into and updates will be made where possible. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M

The Break
#1 of 8 in Narragansett
TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina

Been to Holiday Inn South Kingstown? Share your experiences!