I recently spent a night here while attending a wedding in Narragansett. This hotel is average. It was clean and comfortable enough, and in a good location, but nothing about the stay stood out to me. We booked it because this is where the bride and groom had reserved "blocks" of rooms, but in the end I felt it was overpriced for what we received.
- very comfortable beds, bedding, and pillows. Loved how the pillows were labeled as soft or firm.
- front desk staff was friendly and lent us a corkscrew :)
- housekeeper was friendly
- we didn't have a chance to use the pool but it looked nice
- small shopping plaza with Dunkin' Donuts and pharmacy (among other things) immediately adjacent and accessible from the parking lot
- ample parking
- short drive to beach area and other recreation (shops, restaurants, etc.)
- this hotel is in need of serious renovations. The only elevator (that I saw) is in an extremely inconvenient location relative to both the lobby and many of the rooms. It is essentially in a back corner of a hallway and you have to go through a lot of other hallways to access it.
- the hallways have an extremely outdated feel to them and would benefit from more light
- everything seemed clean enough, but the rooms and hallways had an old, dingy feel
- the front desk clerk was unable to tell us about transportation options to the Providence airport. I would expect that there would be at least a brochure that lists the available options.
- no "pantry" or "gift shop" type place to buy sundries or small snack items; there were vending machines on the floors, however. The front desk did have a very limited selection of toiletries for purchase, but there was at most 2-3 of any given item available.
- expensive for the quality of the hotel, but maybe that's just the time of year and location (August near a popular vacation area)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn, South Kingstown, a AAA 3 Diamond full service hotel located just 5 miles from Narragansett Beach and 9 miles from downtown Newport. We offer 107 spacious guest rooms, an Italian restaurant and lounge (children 12 and under eat free in our restaurant) a beautiful outdoor pool and patio area, room service options, wireless Internet throughout the property, complimentary newspapers, an exercise and laundry room, and superior guest service.The University of Rhode Island, the Ryan Center, many restaurants, shops, the Block Island Ferry, great fishing, kayaking and bicycling trails are all within minutes of the hotel. Relax, It s Holiday Inn, where Kids Stay and Eat Free. The Holiday Inn, South Kingstown welcomes you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn South Kingstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn South Kingstown Hotel South Kingstown
- South Kingstown Holiday Inn