Admiral Dewey Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in South Kingstown
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Atlantic House(Narragansett)
Aqua Blue Hotel(Narragansett)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront porchsconesb bguest kitchenhome cooked breakfastgreat cookeach morningsalt airlovely antiquesvanilla beandietary restrictionsworking hardhot dishnature preserveantique furniturewalking distancegreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was there the Memorial day weekend for my cousins sons wedding at the Theater by the Sea.
The service that we received was phenomenal & a great place to stay.
We want to look in to stopping by again and staying longer.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had our wedding on Saturday, May 3rd at Pt. Judith Lighthouse in Rhode Island. We spent the weekend at this simply wonderful inn. I can't say enough good things about the accommodations and the host, Lev Kasparian. Everything was perfect in this 100+ year old inn. Lev is a natural host who has the unique ability to make a stranger feel like an old friend. There is no other place I would rather stay in this beautiful part of Southwestern Rhode Island. We already booked the same room for our 1st anniversary in 2015. Look forward to seeing you again, Lev!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Tripadvisor does it again... Stayed over Labor Day weekend, and were looking for a relaxing place that was near the beach and also a short drive from Newport. Definitely met expectations and we had a great weekend!

The room/property:
- Our room (6) had both A/C and fans. We used the A/C on low at night to cut the humidity, but otherwise were quite comfortable without it. Note that in room 6, you can't open the bedroom window because this A/C is installed, but we turned it onto "fan" during the day and didn't miss having it fully open. This room gets relatively little outside light, bed was comfortable with a good selection of sheets/blanket weights, and it was easy to get a good sleep.
- Shower was great - good pressure & temp.
- Suggestion #1 - more hangers for the little rod (or bring some hangers in your suitcase). Although there is plenty of dresser space/surface area on top of dressers, the furniture is (obviously) on the older side and the drawers (once opened) have that older smell, so we didn't want to get our clothes smelling that way.
- Suggestion #2 - more tables (even small side table sized) outside, either on the porch or one or two in the grass.

Food/amenities:
- Nice selection of toast/bagels, fruit, and a hot dish or two (served around 9, the rule seemed to be one savory and one sweet) each morning. The recipes were crowd pleasers, tasty, and filling for a morning out. Sweets were left out each night for a little dessert when returning from dinner.
- Beach chairs & towels easily available and the closest beach is maybe a 10 minute walk.
- Bikes available (you have to lift them from the basement out of Bilco doors but I'm sure Levon would help if needed) - maintained well, relatively light for beach type cruisers, and easy to adjust seats. We ended up riding to dinner (Matunuck Oyster Bar and then Jim's dock, both excellent for different reasons) two nights because the tides worked out to bike along the beach (bring flashlights, as we fortunately did, if you attempt).
- Levon, upon learning we were heading to Newport for the day, lent us his EZpass to save time & money - very thoughtful.

Other meals:
- We picked up sandwiches at the grocery/general store just down the street for a simple beach lunch - easy and if you do need anything, that place is sure to have it.
- Two bars/restaurants (at least) are a short walk. We checked out Ocean Mist our first night and appreciated the views and surprisingly good service.
- Second night, we went to the Matunuck Oyster Bar. All around delicious and a good "splurge" dinner (although for a dozen oysters and two entrees plus a bottle of wine, we were in the low 100's so not as bad as you might expect). It is, however, slow... listen to the people who tell you to put your name in, but then find your way to a space at the bar, since you can often order from there faster if you don't mind not having a table.
- Third/last night, we headed to Jim's Dock (FYI, BYO) at the suggestion of a fellow guest - very low key and fun and come as you are, mix of families/kids, large groups and couples. We enjoyed seeing the water traffic, including the surprisingly fast/maneuverable Block Island Ferry, go by as we ate. They were out of several types of seafood (which is good in our opinion) but everything was simple and satisfying. Again, really good service - they even have a can of bug spray at the ready if you forgot.

Overall - great "home base" for an easy weekend getaway. We recommend! It's clear that Levon really cares about making sure his guests have everything they need.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had never been to this area of Rhode island, but my son was an Actor intern at Theater By The Sea and i stayed at the Inn three times this summer while visiting my son and enjoying the fabulous shows at the Theater. You could not ask for more. My friend and I were immediately at home in this wonderful Inn. Levon, the owner, should be nominated for Best Host. He made everyone feel comfortable and could not do enough for each guest. He cooks an outstanding homemade breakfast, cooks to order. The rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The ocean breeze through each and every window is wonderful. I never wanted to leave the rockers on the wrap around porch. The guests were all friendly and warm. On one occasion there were guests with small children and even the children were well behaved. (a wonder these days). I would recommend this Inn to anyone of any age. No matter where we went in this area, Theater, restaurants. beach walks, flea markets, Daddy's bread, etc. it was one of the most enjoyable places I have ever been . I hope to return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanie372
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Whenever visiting RI I will be staying here. I felt completely comfortable at this Inn. No pretension, smart and friendly guests, and the most welcoming, obliging manager/owner I've ever met. I am a fan of vintage homes and furniture, so it was a treat to see this historic home getting a lift by its new master. My stay here added to the whole beach vacation experience, which was planned at the last minute. I'm afraid that all these great reviews will make it difficult for me to get a late booking next summer, but this place truly deserves the applaud. Right on Levon!

Room Tip: The condensers, from the fridges in the deli market across the side street, can seem loud at times during the night.- if that sort of thing keeps you awake, book a room with windows facing away from that corner. The ocean breezes wafting through the rooms are a delight!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends