“Best, freshest most delicious restaurant visited in a very long time!”

Matunuck Oyster Bar
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

A++++ for quality, service, fun atmosphere! It's so good they have their own traffic cops because you have to line up on the road to get in! Go early for least wait- they don't take reservations. Will be back for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 31 August 2014

WOW ! This place was packed. We had a reservation but still had to wait about 10 minutes to sit down. It was Saturday at lunch time, completely understandable. There is valet parking and even a cop directing traffic. They have a spacious outdoor area bar and a couple different outdoor dining areas. Matunuck Oyster Bar overlooks a waterway and you can watch all the little boats go in and out. Inside you walk into the raw bar were two staff are shucking away. We sat and we greeted by our server, she was great. Raw oysters were delish and we had fun watching the boys shuck away. We shared some of the trio oysters, baked three different ways, all with unique sauces. We also shared some steamers and the scallop entree which was amazing. The Rhode Island clam chowder had too many potatoes in it but the flavor was good. A friend next to me had a rare tuna with fresh veggies and she loved it.On our way out after we pulled out of the lot we noticed our side mirror was hanging, we should have called to complain. Matunuck also offers tours of the oyster farm. Check this place out if you are in the area. It was a

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Came twice during my week stay in Narragansett based on recommendations. The seafood was the best I ever had- no joke. And the chowder, omg. To die for. Cannot wait to go back again. They have a true gem here. Parking can be tricky as the lot is small so try to go at off times. Wanted to buy a sweatshirt but they said the only sell them online?? Seems silly but can't wait to go back. I'll be dreaming about it until then....

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Matunuck Oyster bar is too well known locally in the charming beach resort area of Matunuck.great location and wonderful menu. They have a wide variety of oyster offerings of course, both cooked and raw. I enjoyed the oyster po'boy. It the fried oysters were so delectable, I think I'd order the entree next time so as to appreciate the oysters themselves even more. My husband enjoyed his clam roll just as much. All the food coming out from the kitchen looked fantastic. May try the huge bowl of mussels the next time. An appetizer of three preparations of cooked oysters in different sauces was fabulous but in that case, the oysters themselves quite small . Sit outside if you can!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Went to Matunuck Oyster Bar on a Sunday afternoon in August. Great atmosphere and even better food!!! Husband had oysters and shrimp to start and I had New England Clam chowder. Main course for him was Scallops and I had Shrimp, Watermelon and Feta Salad. The salad was superb, all made with local ingredients. I can NOT say enough about the experience. By the time we left the valet parking was out on the street. Great find!!!!