“Marina Gem”

Jim's Dock Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 118 Restaurants in South Kingstown
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Seasonal restaurant on the water.
Description: Seasonal restaurant on the water.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had a relaxing lunch today at Jim's with my wife Bev. First time we stop in, glad we did. Nice table outside overlooking the Marina. Great Mahi Mahi sandwich, great Lobster roll. Did not know it was a BYOB...will be prepared next time, and there will be for sure. Nice spot in Jerusalem. Going to go back for dinner one night soon. Menu is a bit larger for dinner as you would expect.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

You know what? I like this place. Unlike other "upscale" places in the area, Jim's Dock is a no-frills, come-as-you-are place just a step or two up from a clam shack. It's all about comfort here--kick back on the deck, enjoy the view, watch the ferries come and go, sip the alcoholic beverage of your choice (that you brought yourself), and have some seafood. Here, it is fresh. Nothing fancy, just fresh. Enough choices to satisfy everyone, and enough available options on how you'd like it prepared. It's true that you never feel rushed, even when it's crowded and they could use your table. I never have complaints about the service, and I'm always satisfied with my meal.

There is indoor dining too, if the weather isn't perfect. But if it is, outside is the place to be. This, to me, is what vacationing on the Rhode Island shoreline should be like; mellow, relaxing, and casual. Jim's Dock strikes a perfect balance between "restaurant" and "clam shack".

I hear they have a decent breakfast here too, but have not tried that yet.

It can get crowded during peak times, and there isn't much parking--yes, you double-park and you are supposed to leave your cell phone number under your windshield wiper so that whoever you blocked in can call you to move your car. I honestly like that better than valet parking, but you do need a cell phone....if you don't have one, consider parking on the street if possible.

Jim's Dock is suitable for all ages--kids, elderly, and in-between. We always notice a lot of locals go there, so it's not just another tourist trap. Prices are bit more reasonable here (for the area), and bringing your own liquor helps keep the overall tab down for a more affordable evening out.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

After a beautiful day at Scarborough Beach,we made our way to Jims Dock Restaurant for a late lunch.My wife and I began our meal with 2 delicious cups of New England Clam Chowder which was loaded with clams,the cups were a little on the small side yet still very tasty.I had the "Big Bill"which is a flounder Rueben with onion rings,i thought the piece of fish could of been a little bigger,yet still full of flavor. My wife had the "Fighting Fluke"which is a fish sandwich with a nice crunchy coating and a side of slaw.Her fillet was much thicker,and was a bigger sandwich.A great atmosphere sitting outside watching the ferries come and go overlooking the marina.This is a BYOB establishment and has a souvenir shop on site full of hoodies and long and short sleeved shirts.Although the service was good,prices were reasonable,and the scenery very nice,i don't think we would go out of our way to eat here again.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Indoor or outdoor. Lobster tools, steamers and nice views overlooking the channel to the Block Island Ferry. Nice wait staff. Bring own wine glasses or drink glasses, they do supply plastic but on a breezy day they do tend to fall over.

1  Thank SusanLynn58
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a fantastic meal here last weekend, Greek mahi; a large serving of perfectly cooked, fresh fish topped with spinach, tomatoes, olives and feta. It was so delicious, my mouth is watering as I type. My son enjoyed classic fish and chips, and we all love the clam fritters. Great food, fun atmosphere with excellent service, but remember if you go BYOB!