“We All Scream for Ice Cream”
Review of Gray's Ice Cream

Gray's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Tiverton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I'm not usually a big ice cream fan but my husband insisted we stop here. I had the dish of butter pecan and it was without question the best ice cream I've ever had. All of the ice cream is made on sight and you can tell, you can taste the cream. We were there just last week and still there was a line....happily we were at the front. If you happen upon Tiverton 4 Corners, stop at Grays!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Ginger ice cream was very very good. We've tried Ginger at one or two other homemade stands and this one was the perfect balance of bite and cream and sweet. The website listed a few flavors of interest that were unavailable - Peach and Indian Pudding. We tried the Peach Brandy instead and it have a few chunks of visible peach but not much peach flavor, just the "brandy". Unfortunately at $3.50 for the smallest size, you don't want to waste it even if you don't like it. We should have asked if they offer samples. To be fair, $3.50 seems a fair price for the amount in the serving, but I can't imagine trying to take a child there unless you were splitting a cone. No kiddie size? How strange.
A warning - they don't have a public restroom, just Portapotty/Sanicans. That was a tad offputting as a first impression after two hours of driving! They do have a small convenience store, some benches outside and plenty of parking. The area is pretty for either sitting on a bench or walking to the few other stores in the area. The woman running it that day was helpful and gave us a map of the local businesses and pointed out that the only local public restroom is at the Grill. I would have liked it more if there website was updated with what flavors were current and with the restroom situation.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Always solid - the Bristol location is in such a beautiful spot - nothing says summer like a great ice cream cone. very traditional flavors, nothing fancy, but all good!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Don't be afraid to try flavors like Ginger for a pleasant surprise. Gray's standard flavors are rich and creamy, and not full of air. A local favorite for a long time for good reason. Shop the many little stores in this quaint neighborhood before your ice cream.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

OK, I love Gray's Ice Cream, I've been going here for the past 30 years. They have good home made ice cream, and I'll admit it's very tasty. I've never had a flavor there I didn't love. I'll admit, the ice cream is a little bit expensive, a small cone is $3.50 currently. I understand we are paying a little bit for the experience and the quality. If price is an issue, just head down the street to Helger's, their ice cream is pretty good too, and you'll save some money.

One thing that really upset me recently is that I heard they are discontinuing my favorite flavor there, Peanut Butter Cup! It's by far my favorite flavor, and it's very popular. During my entire life of going here, they've always had it. Why discontinue it? Lets just hope they bring it back so I can keep going here.

Been to Gray's Ice Cream? Share your experiences!