“Decent, but not stellar in a tough market”
Review of Gray's Ice Cream

Gray's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Tiverton
Cuisines: American
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Decent, but not stellar in a tough market”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

New England is a part of the U.S. that takes deep pride in its ice cream. There are tons of local creameries that offer home made ice cream in various guises. Gray's is a local legend in Tiverton, can't say I was overwhelmed. The absence of a kiddie size is one issue -- as noted by others, the small is gigantic, but not everybody has room for this size of ice cream, not least my two toddler daughters. Flavors were fair to mediocre -- perhaps they do make one or two unique options that I didn't try, but it seems to me that the basics need to still be at least good, and the vanilla and chocolate that my daughters opted for struck me as not much better than mass-market supermarket grade (with a similar disturbing color for the vanilla) and the rum raisin was OK, no more than that. There are far more colorful and characterful ice cream joints to be had all over New England, and for comparable to less money.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank DrJimbob

Rhode Island
“It's ice cream not a resturant ”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice cream place not a restaurant it should not even be listed never mind in the top 10 please it's only a nice cream place

Manama
“Very Expensive - Never used to be that way, Very disappointed.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I hadn't been to Greys Ice Cream in Tiverton for a couple of years and I made the trip to take my Mum. The smallest size ice cream is over $4.00's each and although it's quite a good quantity, it was way too much for each of us. We ended up throwing half away. I asked if they could do a half size and the girls said yes - but it will still cost you the same. I must admit to being shocked. They do make fantastic ice cream, but after this experience, I will not be making the trip again. I have found a local ice cream shop in Portsmouth RI which is much cheaper, quality is great and the overall experience much better. It's a big shame Greys have gone this way. If you do go, take an extra tub or two so you can share after you buy.

• Visited June 2014
FlyHorizon
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My annual Tiverton visit for lunch with out of state friends now includes a visit to Gray's Ice Cream. I'm a big ice cream fan usually having Cookies and Cream. This was the best Cookie and Cream I ever had. My two friends felt the same about the flavors they had. We passed up a dessert at a beautiful waterfront restaurant for the trip to Gray's. It was so worth it!

• Visited June 2014
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“Ice cream disappointment.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have been coming to this well known ice cream stand for years, but very disappointed on this recent trip. Ordered cone of well known chocolate chip & honestly not impressed. Flavor was bland. For the cost of a small cone, I could have purchased a quart of the store brand with more flavor. Not quite sure what was going on - not busy & help not rushed. Going to think twice about returning.

Visited May 2014