“Great food, service”

Trattoria Romana South
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Romana South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Welcome to Trattoria Romana In Wakefield, sister location to our Lincoln restaurant. Experience our authentic Italian trattoria. We offer specialty dishes from Italy in a relaxed, fine dining atmosphere.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went for a birthday dinner - had 6:30 reservations on a Thursday night. Everything about the meal was excellent - cocktails, appetizers, salad, meals and dessert, as well as the service. We had veal sorrento, veal francaise, the lasagna with meatballs and a veal, sausage stuffed canneloni with bolognese sauce. Portions were generous and the ladies had leftovers. prices are a little high for RI but with a full meal and 6 cocktails, the meal ran $55 apiece including tip.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Romana South

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My husbsnd and I went to this restaurant after a long tedious day. I asked for the shrimp over pasta. The dish was absolutely
tasteless. Four tiny shrimp for $24. The waiter came up and asked if everything was ok. When I said no he disappeared. 5 minutes later he came back with the check. My issue wasn't even mentioned. There was a maitre d who never bothered to come to the table so zi got up to speak to him. I have never done that in my life. Have to say quite infuriating. Almost like I was invisible. At any rate he screamed at me . This is customer service? We will never return.

1  Thank elizabetht226
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We've been to this restaurant several times. The menu is quite extensive and there are always nightly specials. The food is always delicious! A little pricey but a good value considering the quality.
On our last visit we were disappointed with the service. We waited quite awhile for our waitress to come to our table. So much so that another server came over with some bread and assured us that our server would be over shortly. It took another 10 minutes. At the end of the meal we waited again and finally the maître came over to take our check. Looking around it seemed every other table was getting very good service. So not sure what happened. We will chalk this up to just a bad night for us.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Best Italian food I've had in years. ( native Bostonian) f& plump but not too chewy.
menu is long & full of fabulous sounding traditional Italian staples.
Pasta was in house made, plump but not chewy, sauce was delicate.
Veal, which iIrarely eat anymore was a special treat, lemony, tender lightly breaded but crisp edges.
Bread was light & crusty.
Good wine list but I'm on a summer sangria kick so that's what I had- which was somehow more thirst quenching than I imagined. Strongest of the season & very good.
the waiter--named Elvis-- was smart quick inforrmative & adorable.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My waitor had just graduated from URI he was very nice and informative about the menu. He helped me out with trying to find a hotel. I had the house pinot noir which was nice. The caesar salad - although it was a large salad the dressing didn't have much flavor. The lasagna was quite large and very delicious. I could only eat half but I did eat the homemade bread and probably because I asked for more I couldn't finish the lasagna. The room is quite nice and the leather chairs were very comfortable. I will be back next summer.