“Beautiful escape from the city!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meyer House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wakefield
Meyer House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Wakefield B&B and Inns
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Beautiful escape from the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at The Meyer House last night and it was an amazing stay. The house is so cute and quaint and very home-like. Everything I could have needed was provided for me. The bed was absolutely to die for (I did not want to get out of it). The surrounding area was so breathtaking that I could've stayed the rest of the weekend if I could. Heather was so accommodating I felt like my own mother was taking care of me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Tevin1001

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Heather's B&B is as good as they come. My girlfriend and I were first attracted to this property because of its quiet surroundings and eco-minded options. Our daily breakfast consisted of homemade, locally produced products, which were prepared in accordance with our gluten-free diets.
Coming from Canada, it was our first trip to Southern New England and we were curious about local traditions. Heather happily offered to prepare Rhode Island johnnycakes for breakfast one morning, so that we could try them out. Delicious! We enjoyed her kind, welcoming hospitality. We were able to discover some hidden gems in the area, as she was genuinely helpful regarding everything from sights, eats, bus schedules, driving directions, etc. Meyer House is an easy-going escape in a lovely area. We would recommend it to anyone and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAJM2014
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Heather was so nice and accomidating. The rooms were perfect. Beds were comfortable. Food was delicious. Such a nice place!!! Also loved how eveything was homemade and organic, from the soap to the ketchup! We will definitely be returning here in the future!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank nickabocker
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed overnight to visit Ocean Mist, Matunuck Oyster Bar, and Deep Hole for surfing. The Meyer House is just a few miles from these locations. We stayed in the regular room with private bath. The room has big windows with views of the garden and fields and a spacious bathroom. Everything is very clean and eco-friendly. For breakfast we had a savory quiche, grapefruit, carrot bread, tea, coffee and juice. Heather was so nice with great recommendations! Overall a lovely experience! We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magdalene5
Westborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight for family weekend at URI. All the area hotels were booked and I'm so glad, otherwise we wouldn't have found The Meyer House. The views are gorgeous, from this tucked away classic New England home and Heather was a most gracious hostess. She even cooked a gluten free breakfast for me. The room was a suite with a sitting room and private bath. Very comfortable and cozy. Thanks Heather - we'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy c
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We spent a night at the Meyer House a few weeks ago as we had a wedding nearby. The house was so lovely & clean...& the grounds were just as amazing. We saw a family of deer grazing on her property twice during our stay. We stayed in the regular room with a private bath & it was perfect for us - the bed was extremely comfortable (I can be a picky sleeper) & I slept like a baby. The whole vibe is just really peaceful & relaxing & Heather could not be sweeter. I cannot express how helpful she was during our stay - suggesting local taxis, helping us with directions to the hotel, etc. She even cooked us an incredible breakfast the next morning before we drove back to NYC. I would recommend this b&b to anyone & hope I get a chance to stay here again. Thank you Heather!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kristy2323
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I spent Saturday night over this past weekend at Meyer House. Along the long winding drive from the road to the house you immediately start to appreciate the beautifully landscaped grounds (hard to keep your eyes on the driveway!). When you reach the house there is more shrubbery and flowers, all artfully planted. There are patios allowing for outdoor relaxation. The house itself is very New England, very clean, and very peaceful. Heather Meyer welcomes you at the outset and then proceeds to take care of you throughout your stay. The room (suite) in which I stayed was very comfortable and it was a great night's sleep. In the morning Heather cooks a homemade breakfast for you, after checking about your likes and dislikes. It's a great place to relax. It was a very positive experience, and Heather made it so!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Mary R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wakefield
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Winnapaug Inn
Winnapaug Inn
#5 of 17 in Westerly

Been to Meyer House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!