“Good, Fresh Thai”
Review of Sa-Tang

Sa-Tang
Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Wakefield
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friends and I ordered take out from here and I was pleasantly surprised! We actually ordered then waited at the bar. We both ordered a Hurricane cocktail and it was well-made with premium ingredients. Then we took home spring rolls, chicken pad thai, gyoza and a tilapia entrée with peppers, a spicy sauce and tons of fresh veggies. I read some of the reviews here and am glad to say I didn't have a bad experience at all. However, it wasn't busy and we just ordered a drink and take out. But I'll definitely check it out again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My first time eating from Sa-Tang and it was the worst thai experience I've had. Ordered the chefs recommended ChChee & Teriyaki Chicken for takeout. First, someone hadn't properly sealed the Teriyaki Chicken. Some of the sauce had spilled out soaking through the bag and into my car carpet, but that could be cleaned so I was not too upset at first. When I had tried the Teriyaki the sauce was VERY watery - even after I had tried mixing in the rice the teriyaki taste didn't seem to soak into chicken - it just kind of was a watered sauce that covered it and the vegetables. Same goes with the ChChee the sauce was very watery and had a unpleasant nutty taste and smell to it - not particularly spicy - the salmon seemed bland (It was my first time trying ChChee, so it'spossible that the dish just isn't for me). About twenty minutes previous to eating, my boyfriend got an extremely upset stomach - he hadn't eaten more than half of a dish and some edamame,

Maybe I had simply been the "unlucky" customer. But I was surprsingly disappointed. The food was edible but based on my first experience, it was a waste of my money. I won't be recommending or returning to Sa-Tang.

1  Thank Kellelle
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Weare seasonal residents of RI. Last year we visited here at least once a week. It was BYOB which was convient since there is a liquor store next door.

On our first week back in RI we went for dinner on a Thursday night and as last year we also brought a bottle of wine. As soon as we were seated our waitress informed us in no uncertain terms that they now had a liquor license and we could only bring wine on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Since I had already removed the plastic around the cork I offered to double the corkage charge I was told no way and to put the bottle in my car.
We were embarrased and walked out. There is another Thai in town which is just as good and does not charge a corkage and encourages you to BYOB.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a cute Thai restaurant in downtown Wakefield with the best curry I've ever had! And their Pow Kee Wu (sp?) is excellent too. Just the right hotness and everything is very fresh. The service is excellent too! Price is very reasonable.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This Thai restaurant brings the total of Thai places in Wakefield to two. Not bad for a small RI town.
We decided to try it this weekend and we weren't disappointed.
Sa-Tang replaces the horrible wood fired pizza place which, to everyone's relief, closed not too long after it opened. The decor is simple and subdued but pleasant, despite the huge television lighting up the bar area, even though there was no one sitting there. Definitely a pet peeve of mine.
This is a BYOB place, but with a liquor store conveniently right next door, you can just pick up wine there if you wish. There's a $4 corkage fee.
Our meal began with the summer rolls for me, delicious and with the requisite fresh mint, and spring rolls for my husband, which were also good.
He then ordered the tamarind duck while I chose the crispy duck. My duck was accompanied by an irresistible curry sauce, which packed quite a lot of heat but was so delicious that we couldn't stop eating it. I say "we," because although my husband enjoyed his duck, once he tasted the sauce on mine, he couldn't stop dipping his fork into it. He'll probably order "crispy" next time.
Service was courteous and well-timed, but it looked like they were also doing a good take-out business.
This is a welcome addition to the neighborhood.