“Despite the mixed reviews, lunch was pretty good”
Review of Wharf Tavern

Wharf Tavern
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Warren
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Providence, RI
“Despite the mixed reviews, lunch was pretty good”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

It turned out to be a beautiful day so the search was on for a restaurant with seating outside and hopefully some nice views. The outside seating at the Wharf Tavern did not disappoint. We went there thinking that if the view was great it would make up for mediocre food.

It was before Memorial Day and it was 1:00 in the afternoon so I think both of those factors led to the restaurant not being super busy. When I walked in I was greeted by a young man who said "Welcome to the Wharf tavern". I thought that was nice instead of someone just asking how many people were in your party.

We were seated outside on the deck and it has great views of the bay. The server was prompt but did not rush us. I ordered lobster bisque and the baked scrod. The lobster bisque was very good with a nice amount of lobster bits but unfortunately it was only warm'ish. The baked scrod was very good as well with just enough seasoning. We split a tiramisu for desert which was A+.

The total for two for lunch with a couple of raspberry ice teas was $48.00 without a tip.

They had plenty of parking so even when it gets busy I could see that it would be easy to find a spot to park in.

I will return but only knowing that it will be a pricy lunch.

• Visited May 2014

Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Great food & great service.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stopped for lunch, food was outstanding as was our waitress Donna! Can't wait to go back the stuffies are the best we've had in years highly recommend the seafood linguine in garlic oil sauce. If you're nice to her Donna may tell you some funny stories.

• Visited May 2014
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Enjoyed lunch”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

It was my first visit here with my family. We has lunch and everything we ordered was fresh and delicious. Donna was our server and she was nice and attentive. The view is spectacular. Will definitely go back.

Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

1st time experience and I will be back. Chowder and lobster roll were fantastic. Between formulating a proposal to Alyssa S (excellent) and trying to finish the food.. Enjoyed every minute.
Gs

• Visited April 2014
rhode island
“Awesome burgers!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We hadn't been to The Wharf in a while, and decided to go last night. First of all, the service was incredible. Our server, Ray, was very attentive and spot on. He was perfect. I got a burger and my husband had chowder and shrimp cocktail. The food was delicious and the prices were reasonable. I'm very picky about my burgers because no one seems to get it right. It was cooked exactly like I asked and the taste was probably the best I've had. The drinks were made correctly and brought in a timely manner. There was a piano player, Nick, who played some jazz. He was fantastic! We can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Wharf Tavern? Share your experiences!