“somewhat disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Warren, Rhode Island
“somewhat disappointed”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recommended by our son a chef, we visited with high expectation. Possibly an off day but food was nothing special and the area where we were seated needed dusting and cleaning. Too many 4 and 5 stars around to try this 3 star again.

Visited March 2014

Providence, Rhode Island
“Middle of the road in the middle of Warren”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Check your expectations for a small restaurant in the middle of Warren with a partial water view and you won’t be surprised. They have a pleasant outdoor seating area for warmer weather dining along with a nice little landscaped entry way. The interior is nice where you can dine in a bar/lounge like atmosphere or choose the more intimate setting with the water view across the street.

A mixed bag of where they do some things good and some not as good. Perhaps the menu tries to please too many moods. For example the Ceasar Salad with Grilled Sea Scallops was good whereas the Fish and Chips just didn’t seem up to the same level. The tasty stuffed peppers came with both red and a green pepper halves. Trying to please too many moods?

Beer selection isn’t large but they do get away from the ever present B/BL/NEB (New England Bud) with a small choice of alternatives. Wine? yes.

Is Stella Blues the default go to restaurant when eating out? Probably not, but it is there when you need something solidly in the middle of the road, in the middle of Warren.

Barrington, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Dirty”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

So I had nto been to Stella Blues in a while....or maybe I had not been so early in the evening....the place had nto changed much and neither had it been cleaned. The food was still ok, but I will nto go again until the place is sanatized.....

Providence, Rhode Island
“Not worth your time”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I decided to try this place and bought a groupon. As soon as we greeted by Sandy (who was also our server) we didn't have good vibes! We went early on a sat night. I asked Sandy about the burgers and she replied "a burger is a burger " not the type of reply I expected so I got the steak sandwich which she said was popular and good. Wrong! It came with fries..they had no flavor and neither did the steak sandwich! My wife got little necks and they were awful..another couple next to us also did not like their meal as he left fact half his fish in disgust . The groupon was not worth enduring this painful dinner experience!

1 Thank Paul L
Bristol, Rhode Island
“First time / last time”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Short and to the point , sorry not many Draft beers. kegs haven't been delivered yet OK I have the one that you have, I'll will have the veal parm I am sorry we ran out of that last night you had all day to get to get it any way I have the chicken parm but can I have that on penne instead of capellini sure guess what it comes out on Capellini 17 on the menu for veal parm I get charged 18 for my chicken parm why I ask veal cost more than chicken it's what the chef wants to charge tonight its ova not going back