Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast buffetfood truckarrived shortly after pmfully stocked kitchenmarriott websitemarriott pointsfront deskstudio suitebeer winelong term stayfriendly hotelgrocery shoppingbusiness parkliving room areaits close proximitymain lobbypots pans
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place does not live up to Marriott standards. There is a reason why this particular hotel is cheap and in a lower points category (if you're a rewards member like I am). I used a free night on this hotel so I am glad I'm not out any money. I love Residence Inns -- I've stayed at a ton of them -- and this is the worst.

This is an older-style Residence Inn, with the "house-like" outside-facing entrances. I do NOT like this style of hotels, as it seems unsafe. I was traveling with two other people, but if I was traveling alone, as a female traveler, I would NOT stay here. The neighborhood isn't desirable. It's in an industrial area, far away from everything (except the airport). The whole area is poorly lit, and warning from the staff members not to leave valuables in your car. Nice....

Want to use the pool? Well, hope it's a warm day because you'll have to walk outside from your room! Want breakfast? AGain, you have to walk outside or (in our case) DRIVE there because we were so far away.

The decor in the room is dated, ugly and well-worn. It's like a flashback to 2001. The bathroom door looked all beat up. The only thing this place had going for it was its REAL fireplace. That was pretty cool. We bought a log from the front desk and enjoyed a fire.

The staff? Well, they were friendly, but oh-so-slow. We arrived at 8pm at night. We were the only ones in the lobby. They "lost" my reservation (I see this is a theme with this hotel by reading the other reviews). I swear, it took over 30 minutes to check us in!

Breakfast was good -- no chaos in the eating area, which was a pleasant surprise.

So, two stars. One for the breakfast and one for the novelty of a real fireplace.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank OwlYaDoing
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed for more than 3 months. Rooms, location and services are good enough and worth the price we pay. It is close by to shopping malls, movie theaters and good restaurants.But I had a very bad experience with the internet when it was very critical for my work. I always had a sluggish response from the front desk when asked to take some action.

Room Tip: The hotel has a wifi and its just awful. If you are on a business meeting and require an internet usage, please prepare to use your mobile data or get your own hotspot. We complained at least 100 times at the reception, all they do is ask us to lodge a complaint to the network provider. Is it not the responsibility of the management to take care of such petty yet irritating issues?
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Too many other hotels in the area to waste your money here. First they lost our reservation, even though we had a confirmation number. Light in bathroom has not worked for 2 days and all they can say is well, I put in a request, what else can I do. Seriously? That's the best you can do? The shuttle only runs until 7:00 pm. After that you need to take a cab. Stongly suggest you go elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank mickm23
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear mickm23, thank you for your recent stay with us. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. It sounds like there was miscommunication between some of the hotel departments, and we regret that it took away from your guest experience. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff so that we can provide better service going forward. I hope you will give us another in the future so that we can delight you. -Andrea S., Director of Sales

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a late flight in, perfect for overnight stay. Staff was really nice. Warning, our GPS brought us through a crazy route, when the hotel is literally next door to the car rental hub. Overall, it was just what we were looking for...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bulldogmommy
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed at this property for an impromptu one night get away to Providence. The check in and out staff were very friendly and helpful. We needed two bedrooms for our family, and this was the perfect, affordable choice. We had a bi-level suite with two bedrooms and two baths. As always, Marriott properties promise comfortable and clean accommodations and for the most part, this property delivered. I do have to say though that the bed in the downstairs bedroom needed some upgrading. The mattress sagged and was not comfortable. On the other hand, the bed in the loft bedroom upstairs was great. The breakfast buffet was very good and had a lot of variety. We made a trip into Providence from this hotel to visit the Providence Place Mall and to dine out. This hotel was very convenient to the I-95 highway, and getting into town, yet in an area that was nice and quiet. We would stay here again, but would ask for a room recently renovated with bedding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family