“Top notch staff! Excellent stay!”

Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while attending a conference in the area. It is close to I95, but you wouldn't know it! It was not noticeable. There are a lot of great food choices close by - chains and great local restaurants. The hotel offers a free shuttle van 7am to 7pm. The staff members are very friendly and professional.
Andrea checked my colleague and I in and helped my colleague secure the appropriate rate for her stay (thank you!).
Agnes assisted me with moving my room after the first night due some smokers who were not going to smoke in the appropriate place(s). Thank you! Excellent stay - I would recommend this Residence Inn.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I use the Marriot chain for work 10 to 60 times a year. The staff as all the Marriott’s I stay at are attentive and cordial. On this trip, I was there for two weeks. The room I was in (713) ground floor was dark due to the foliage taking up half the sliding glass door outside. The electric (coil burner) stove was at least 10-20 years old, (at least that what it appeared) and bare bones. No oven timer, light, etc. I use my own hotspot as the hotel wifi was only fair.

There was a smell of “old” room and curry that even the housekeeping staff said they couldn’t get rid of. And they used plenty of odor eliminator in there. They ask if I wanted to move, but as my stay was short, I said it was ok. For $125 a night, not sure if I would stay again, but it might have just been that room. The breakfast fair looked great with all the options.

The workout room is small, (adjacent to the indoor pool) with 2 treadmills, and an elliptical. I used it in the morning, but one morning there were no towels, water, antibacterial wipes to clean the handholds after/before use, etc. It was at 05:00, so they probably didn’t get to it yet, and I didn’t mention it. Again, the staff is top notch, but as other reviewers have said, the property is tired, and needs a makeover.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank berghuis3
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for the compliments on our staff service and breakfast buffet! It was a pleasure having you as our guest during your two week stay in Rhode Island. I’m sorry that the fitness room was not fully stocked when you used it. The fitness room and pool area officially open at 6:00am, so it most likely had not been filled yet. We will be sure to check it a little earlier going forward to make sure our guests wanting an early-morning workout have everything they need. And you can always feel free to approach our Front Desk for any essentials – they are always happy to assist!
As I’m happy to inform you and our other reviewers, our full property renovation begins very soon and I hope you will come back once it is completed. You are definitely going to love our fresh new look!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've stayed in multiple Residence Inns and I've got to say this was the worst one yet. This seems to be of an older style/era and it shows, the room my family and I stayed in seemed well worn with older appliances (TV seemed newer) and fixtures. Although the hotel had free wifi I found it impossible to connect and the phone support was in no way helpful. Breakfast was fine and the staff was excellent but these positives were over shadowed by the negatives I had with the room. Speaking with the staff I found out that the hotel is scheduled for a complete overhaul/remodel in November 2014, if I'm in the area again next year I may give it another chance. Until then I'd avoid this hotel and check out the other newer hotels in the immediate area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Josh G
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place does not live up to Marriott standards. There is a reason why this particular hotel is cheap and in a lower points category (if you're a rewards member like I am). I used a free night on this hotel so I am glad I'm not out any money. I love Residence Inns -- I've stayed at a ton of them -- and this is the worst.

This is an older-style Residence Inn, with the "house-like" outside-facing entrances. I do NOT like this style of hotels, as it seems unsafe. I was traveling with two other people, but if I was traveling alone, as a female traveler, I would NOT stay here. The neighborhood isn't desirable. It's in an industrial area, far away from everything (except the airport). The whole area is poorly lit, and warning from the staff members not to leave valuables in your car. Nice....

Want to use the pool? Well, hope it's a warm day because you'll have to walk outside from your room! Want breakfast? AGain, you have to walk outside or (in our case) DRIVE there because we were so far away.

The decor in the room is dated, ugly and well-worn. It's like a flashback to 2001. The bathroom door looked all beat up. The only thing this place had going for it was its REAL fireplace. That was pretty cool. We bought a log from the front desk and enjoyed a fire.

The staff? Well, they were friendly, but oh-so-slow. We arrived at 8pm at night. We were the only ones in the lobby. They "lost" my reservation (I see this is a theme with this hotel by reading the other reviews). I swear, it took over 30 minutes to check us in!

Breakfast was good -- no chaos in the eating area, which was a pleasant surprise.

So, two stars. One for the breakfast and one for the novelty of a real fireplace.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank OwlYaDoing
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed for more than 3 months. Rooms, location and services are good enough and worth the price we pay. It is close by to shopping malls, movie theaters and good restaurants.But I had a very bad experience with the internet when it was very critical for my work. I always had a sluggish response from the front desk when asked to take some action.

Room Tip: The hotel has a wifi and its just awful. If you are on a business meeting and require an internet us...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Too many other hotels in the area to waste your money here. First they lost our reservation, even though we had a confirmation number. Light in bathroom has not worked for 2 days and all they can say is well, I put in a request, what else can I do. Seriously? That's the best you can do? The shuttle only runs until 7:00 pm. After that you need to take a cab. Stongly suggest you go elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank mickm23
ResidenceInnWarMgr, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear mickm23, thank you for your recent stay with us. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. It sounds like there was miscommunication between some of the hotel departments, and we regret that it took away from your guest experience. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff so that we can provide better service going forward. I hope you will give us another in the future so that we can delight you. -Andrea S., Director of Sales

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a late flight in, perfect for overnight stay. Staff was really nice. Warning, our GPS brought us through a crazy route, when the hotel is literally next door to the car rental hub. Overall, it was just what we were looking for...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family