“In between average and very good”

Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
New York
“In between average and very good”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I really cant write the review as i have stayed for 12 hours. We checked in at 10pm and left at 10am , the next morning. So i am not in a position to comment on the facilities but few things i need to point out .

1) as pointed out by one reviewer, this is a chain hotel not your friendly neighborhood girlfriends place , then whats the problem in changing the sheets or towels every other day. They have written the charges for that .

2) Let us control the temperature of the room . At least i cant find the controls of AC . The one which is attached to the AC is not working.

3) Please please please change the carpet its very dirty or after all these days of operation its now dying.

4) Please supply toiletries enough for two people in a double bed room. You don't expect people walk around with other people germs.

5) Please don't call it a breakfast.Its a morning snack. bagels and muffins. ( this is not a negative because of the rate )

Now these are some observations which could be corrected. Otherwise , i think this is a good hotel ( extended stay , some people will fight for that ) . I am very impressed by the front desk and the cleanliness of the rooms and public area.

Room Tip: Cant comment on this as this is an overnight stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank anindyachakraborty
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Providence - Airport - Warwick. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This hotel has great in service as well as hospitality,during my long stay here.I actually left another hotel to stay here stay here for duration of my stay...great rates!clean rooms and i must say the staff is great and very friendly and professional.....i must send a long thankyou to Becky,she extends herself in the gift of helps,always helpful with no complaing,thanks again Becky....i will be coming back this way again for a year and a half,and i will return to homestead studio suites,warwick RI

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank T4ME2_12
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Providence - Airport - Warwick. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

No services in this hotel,ie: cleaning of room,adding towels etc. Towel exchange at front desk.To much trouble. One coffeeina suiteclearly meant for 2 people. Nice asst of un necessary snacks left in room.Clean. Continental Bkft. Very limited. Not a great value.

Room Tip: Ithink the studio might be better than the suite.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Providence - Airport - Warwick. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being ""free"" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This hotel was amazing I felt at home they took care of you all the people who work there were great. Every time I was there Becky allways was very helpfull and very nice she was amazing I would love to come back to this hotel I can say that this is one of my favorite hotels I every been too

Room Tip: This hotel is very nice they make you feel very comfortable very homie there I had no problems !!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Tatum,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Providence - Airport – Warwick, and especially for singling out the efforts of our colleague, Becky. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I'm not quite sure who is writing these reviews but I trusted them when I made my reservation and was sorely disappointed. My room was not clean, the kitchenette had food splattered on the backsplash, the sleep sofa that was our second bed had a matteress on it that was so delapitated that the springs were coming through the edges where the stiching was gone, it was BARELY sleepable and only because we were desperate! I tried to get a different room but was told "sorry, were booked" so I decided we can do anything for one night. My family and I went out, returned around 11 and thank God I told my son to assist me in pealing down the beds sheets to see if they were clean. Not only were they NOT clean an openbotle of hand cream fell on the floor. Hotels staffs response...Sorry. I had to ask for new sheets and they claimed they had no more clean blankets. I could go on but you get the jist. On a positive note, the bathroom seemed clean and I did manange to get my money back for the room. Trust me when I say I think staff is writing these reviews!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or ask to see the room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Providence - Airport - Warwick. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Seabrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 days. The room had a very strong chemical odor. The rug was still wet when we arrived. The room is set up in a very awkward manner. The television faces the door. If you sit on the bed you can't see it and you have to sit sideways on the sofa to see it. There were 4 of us in the room but there were only dishes and glasses enough for 2. The television station for the basketball game 7 didn't work and we were told it might reset- but there was nothing they could do. Really- you can't call Dish Network and see if they can fix the ABC channel so a hotel full of Celtics fans can watch game 7? The continental breakfast was awful. Prepackaged muffins and bagels that had a freezer burn taste to them. It also doesn't start until 7am on the weekends, after we were heading out for the morning. The spiel at checkin says they have no ammenities to keep costs down. I have stayed at Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses for far cheaper rates and much better ammenities. The gazebo is nice but the lack of a confined smoking area makes being outside impossible. This hotel is one to avoid.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My family and I had to stay here for 3 1/2 weeks back in the fall of 2011. Everyone was very nice and accommodated our every need. They were also pet-friendly, so we could bring our dog with us instead of having to board her. We liked the fact that we could grab breakfast on our way out to work and that fresh coffe was available 24/7. The staff was always helpful and friendly. Our insurance company put us up there and the manager was very flexible and understanding regarding payment, as we did not know exactly how long we would be there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place for an extended time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Providence - Airport – Warwick, and in particular, about the service our staff provided you. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you (and your dog!) here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location."