“Good value for a Providence airport hotel.”

Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
San Jose, California
“Good value for a Providence airport hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I are relocating to Providence and we stayed here for three days in July while we were house hunting and checking out the area.

The Pros:
The hotel was clean and everything seemed to be new or recently renovated.
They had a free airport shuttle that also took us over to the nearby train station/rental car building.
The place was quiet and we were able to get a good night's sleep.
All the staff we encountered were friendly and seemed eager to please.
Plentiful free parking and free Wi-Fi.
Only hotel in its class near the airport available during our dates under $100/night.
The efficiency kitchen was great to store and reheat store bought food and leftovers.

The cons:
The ice machine in our freezer did not work and there isn't a public use ice machine anywhere in the building. We had to go down to the front desk each time we wanted ice and they gave us some from their freezer downstairs.
We had a mechanical issue with our bed that was fixed when we reported it, but I was a bit shocked it was left in that condition to begin with.
The hotel is in an isolated light industrial area and there isn't any shopping or dining within walking distance.
The room was smaller than we expected (we had a studio - their smallest room), and I think it would have been too cramped for more than two people or for more than a couple of days.
The "free" breakfast was less than we expected for a hotel like this. Coffee, oranges, apples, oatmeal packets and bars and Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and that was it. No cereal, yogurt or bananas or anything else.
They don't offer daily maid service.

I wouldn't recommend this place for families, couples or anyone expecting lots of frills or pampering. You wouldn't want to stay here if you were going to spend a lot of time in your room. It's fine for a business person or anyone else looking for safe, reliable, inexpensive housing near the airport in Warwick.

Insider's tip:
If you are a looking for a cool, late night snack on a warm summer evening, be sure and check out Rita's Water Ice just north of the airport on Post St.
There is a shopping center with a grocery store about a mile from the hotel if you are looking to stock up your fridge.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete of review of your recent experience at the Extended Stay America. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be clean, and our wifi to be useful. Also, I have passed along the minor maintenance concerns you had to our maintenance department. Its feedback like yours that helps us to see where we are doing well, and where we could improve. Thank you once again on behalf of the entire team, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Vernon Rockville, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have never encountered people who enjoyed their jobs as much as these people. Upon check in the clerk noticed I had my 9yr old with me and moved us out of a smoking room into a non smoking room as she was concerned with my child's health. The room was so clean and the room looked new. Upon check out house keeping was making their rounds and asked if we were leaving and told us to tell the front desk that she was already getting the room ready for the next guest. Everyone was more than helpful and so personable. I felt like I was at home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for the very kind words regarding your recent experience with us. Our goal is to provide a “home away from home” experience, and I am glad we met your expectations. Part of what we do is try and identify all of our guests needs, and respond accordingly. I am glad to know that our staff did just that.

We hope to see you again during your next visit to the “Ocean State”. Thank you again, on behalf of our entire team!
glenwood
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Staff friendly, hotel clean and quiet. I specifically booked a suite a month in advance, and when I arrived, not only didn't get a suite, but was put in a single with 1 bed and a sofa. Not good when one person is a snorer, which was the whole reason for booking a suite. The hotel was full, and we couldn't even get a larger room, or a second room. Deal Breaker, not coming back. Don't expect breakfast...I didn't expect anything great, but at least real milk for the coffee please.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Jerri - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apologizes that we were unable to provide you with the room type that you had reserved. Unfortunately, due to high occupancy and guests extending their stay, we were unable to accommodate this request. Still,I am happy that you found our hotel to be clean and quiet, and our staff to be helpful.

Thank you again for your comments, and I will be sure to share them with the rest of the team.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Don't waste your money its a nightmare..in addition to all the crap our room had fleas,moved to a room that reaked of cat pee,GROSS!!!! Staff always acted inconvenienced when asked something ..ants all over grab and go counter where breakfast is served..blankets and sheets had burn holes in them...pillows smelled like mildew ...someone pulled my clothes out of washer when I was doing laundry ..bad bad bad...will NEVER stay here again!!!!!!! Also when I told them my one year old was bit all over by fleas all I got was quarters for laundry and moved to a room that reaked of pee

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Extended Stay America Warwick Airport. On behalf of our entire team, please accept our most sincere apologies. We did not deliver the exceptional experience that our hotel is known for, and that is unacceptable. I will use this valuable feedback to ensure that something like this never happens again.

Please contact me at ccarlson@extendedstay.com, I would be more than happy to make this right for you.

Once again, thank you for bringing these deficiencies to my attention. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.
Barrington, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, great location. My husband, 2 kids and I stayed in a fantastic 1-bedroom suite for 3 weeks in June and we are going back for 2 weeks in August. Nice courtyard for outdoor dining and rooms have windows face this green space; quiet; close to shopping and amenities; recently renovated; no complaints!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Esther - It was such a pleasure having you and your family with us during your recent 3 week stay! I was delighted to hear that not only did you receive great friendly service, but we were also able to provide you with a clean, comfortable suite for your family to enjoy. We are nestled conveniently in the heart of Rhode Island and I urge you to take advantage of some of the other local attractions like the Roger Williams Zoo, and maybe even the Waterfire Festival in downtown Providence during your next visit.

The team and I cant wait for your next visit so we may welcome you back to your Rhode Island "home away from home".
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

The rooms are hot, AC does not work. They did not tell is housekeeping only comes once a week and even then they did come. We stayed for 12 nights and were very disappointed in the hotel. Would highly recommend you stay somewhere else when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank HersheyBrian
Brian - Please accept my deepest apologies for your unfortunate experience with us. The staff and I pride ourselves on providing an exceptional experience for all of our guests, and it's disheartening to know we did not accomplish this with you. In response to your feedback, we have ensured the A/C unit in the room you occupied was repaired so this does not affect guests in the future. As well, I am working with our front desk staff on our messaging at check-in to ensure our housekeeping policy is communicated to all of our guests moving forward.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Palmer, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in July 2013. We were told by the resevation operator that the pool would be closed for maintenance, but upon arrival found out that they don't even have a pool. The staff was efficient and friendly, especially Jenn at the front desk. The room was clean, but although we thought It had a stove, it did not, just two burners. The kitchen did have a micro.,fridge/freezer,dishwasher,sink/disposal,two electric burners and toaster. The bed was comfortable. The flat screen TV was OK but some stations were fuzzy(satelite?).They provide a very basic breakfast and have an on-site gym and laundry although we did not use it. It was a comfortable place to to sleep and use as a base of operations for a family visit or business travel but lacks entertainment for a young family-no pool or arcade.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Clyde,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Extended Stay America, Providence- Airport. While it was upsetting to know of the few challenges you encountered while staying with us, they have provided us with some great training opportunities. Please rest assured that we have cleared up any existing confusion with our reservation team in regards to the amenities we offer and have contacted our television service provider to have them address the poor TV reception you experienced. I was however very happy to hear you were able to experience Jenn's first class service! We would love to have you visit us again soon and while we don't have a pool, it would be our pleasure to tell all about beautiful beaches, parks, Roger Williams Zoo, and all of the other wonderful activities Rhode Island has to offer!