“We were very pleased!”

Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel during Brown's graduation weekend. We found the staff - both at the front desk and with housekeeping - to be very professional and pleasant. They went out of their way for us more than once… They do not advertise themselves as a "frills" establishment. We think we got a great deal in a clean, accommodating and pleasant place and highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I understand that this is a budget hotel. Everything is going to be basic, beds, room, amenities, free breakfast. Even with that being said I still expect the staff to help me when I ask for it.
The second week we stayed here i had house keeping knock on our door three separate days asking if we wanted service. Every single time i told them i wanted service on a particular day. That day comes and goes and we do not get service. I bring this to the attention of the front desk and they say it will be done the next day. It doesn't happen. I complain again and a women tells me it will be done first thing in the morning. Again this does not happen. In short we had housekeeping a week late. Which is two weeks without our bathroom being cleaned, the studio being vacuumed or our sheets and towels being changed.
Free breakfast is oranges and apples, granola bars, oatmeal and prepackaged muffins as well as coffee and tea. This would be great if it was stocked properly. I don't know how many times i went down in the morning to find that there was NOTHING there. Another issue is there is never anyone at the front desk. So I could not even ask someone to restock the food and coffee if i wanted to.
Overall I would only recommend this place if you were desperate or staying for less than two weeks. They do not uphold service or quality (forgot to mention that one of our bedside lamps fell off the wall in the middle of the night). I do have to say that the women at the front desk from the Shetland islands as well as Becky were really great.

Room Tip: I would take a room that is in the front of the hotel on the top floor if you don't smoke. that...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Booked through their website and it said $89 a night. Booked for 3 nights and the total was $340+. Never got a confirmation email. Called and spoke to a very rude woman who insisted that the room was $89 a night and that that totaled $340+. Cancelled all but the first night and then got my confirmation email that stated that the cost went up $20 for friday and $40 for saturday.

Hotel staff was nice and pleasant. Hotel itself is very dated and smelled like it was once a smoking room even if it was non smoking. Probably couldn't get the smell out.

Room Tip: I would call the hotel directly and not go through the website or 800 number.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am picky and find things wrong everywhere. With that said I found some thing that's should have been repaired and some things wrong. However the staff here was very helpful and you get what you pay for. We needed a reasonable priced room for my sisters graduation from Brown university and this hands down was the best deal. Every where else wanted twice a much. The hotel is close to 95 and you can get to downtown Providence in 15min. There is a mall 5 min away and a shop and save grocery store just down the road. Overall it works great. If you are looking to impress stay at the Omni in Providence for $250 a night if not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located and affordable. We hope you enjoyed you enjoyed your time at Graduation! I am sorry for the items in your room in need of repair. The staff and I are working to correct these issues, but are glad to know that you enjoyed the service we provided to you during your visit, overall.

Once again, thank you for the positive review and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you to the Rhode Island area again. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I did not go to Providence, but rather to Newport. It was a one-night venture. I wanted to go to Providence, but I did not have enough time on such a short trip. It took me more than four hours to get to Newport from Great Neck in Long Island.

I was on a very tight budget, and this hotel did the job. My only gripe was the wi-fi. The password they gave did not work. I was so tired after a long day of travelling and sight-seeing at the Touro Synagogue National Historic Site and the Museum of Newport History that I just figured I could do without wireless internet. Therefore, I tuned into some television. It was very fitting that the TV was tuned into TBS, which had the Ocean State based Family Guy on. Peter Griffin may be from Quahog, but there must be some real-life town in Rhode Island where Seth MacFarlane drew inspiration, however small and distant, from. There's no HBO, but if you stay for a few nights, Showtime will do wonders.

There's a refrigerator, coffee maker, dishwasher, microwave, and even a toaster (be careful of the potential fire hazards that come with the one in Room 109). The bathroom is great. The soap was decent enough to make up for shaving cream that I forgot to bring with me. I enjoyed my stay. I was in New England, and I got to meet people from merry old England. One of them was a tour guide in Newport. The other was may receptionist at Warwick.

Look, it's not perfect, but do we really expect to be pampered if we try to be economical? The breakfast on the go is quite the treat. It's a decent place overall, and at the price level of roughly $50, we should be grateful to be at home away from home. That's why I gave this an excellent rating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America, and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your most recent stay with us. We constantly use feedback such as yours to make improvements to our brand. I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be able to provide a "home away from home" feeling for you during your short stay with us. I'm especially pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the amenities such as your fully equipped kitchen and our grab-and-go breakfast. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to connect to the free Wi-Fi, but am glad that you were able to enjoy the television in your room. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Husband and I stayed there due to tough circumstances.. Had stayed beforehand and had a overall good experience .. But this time not so much.. One staff member Robin doesn't seem suited for her job.. Everytime we asked for anything or had a request it was met with a no or a I don't have it. Just overall unhelpful and seems reluctant to go out of her way to solve a problem..

• Stayed: May 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It upsets me to learn that the level of customer service displayed by some members of our staff did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

They let barking dogs in the room next to you. They only clean rooms weekly. Refrigerator dirty, no hot water for shower one morning, broken hair dryer and stained countertops and bathroom floors. Breakfast consists of making oatmeal and shriveled fruit. Stayed three days and will never do so again.

Room Tip: Comfort Inn nearby is a better value. Stayed there 3x since January.
1  Thank Thomas C
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thomas – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.