“Not for us!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
CT
“Not for us!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We thought we'd try something new, plus they had a shuttle for us to go to our Christmas party, in Cranston. I was told it was a first come, first serve. Fair enough. But, when I asked about the shuttle when I was there. There was a flight every half hour, which was their priority. Apparently the only destination was the airport! So it was never, ever going to happen and the MAIN reason we were staying here, along with a few other couples. We wanted the shuttle to take us up the street. The room was identical to a one car garage. If you are claustrophobic, this is not the place for you. It is literally cement walls, floors and ceiling. The service and food for breakfast was just bad. We purchased the "Bed and Breakfast Package", rip off, as if didn't cover the skimpy buffet, it was like eating crumbs! Nothing kept on ice and a 1/2 of a slice of French toast left in the buffet. Something like $17 per person for a buffet, which consisted of scrambled eggs, a few pieces of bacon and sausage swimming in fat, salmon just sort of hanging out there not on ice, etc... awful. Worst breakfast we have ever had at a hotel. The place was trying to be chic on a limited budget which it appears as though many people like that. Glad it was only one night we stayed. The other couples that accompanied us felt the same way. Never going to be a repeat for us.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Providence/Warwick, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank You for posting the review. We work hard to fulfill our guest’s expectations and constantly go above and beyond to insure our guests are happy. I’m sad you didn’t like the extent of your room; however, while you were searching… I’m certain more often than few the “Loft style rooms with unique and fittingly set furniture” was mentioned. We do have larger rooms/suites that you could have reserved, if we had known you were looking for a larger room we would have recommended that.
In regards to the Shuttle, we are happy to accommodate all our guests and transport them anywhere within the 5 mile radius; your expectations were for us to drive you almost 3 times that… 14 miles.
Our Breakfast Buffet is only served on weekends and it is very much relished and appreciated by all of our guests, there are many cold and hot choices; I’m sorry you weren’t happy with the choices or the presentation.

My hopes are you will contact me directly to mend our relationship, to reconsider and have NYLO be the place for you.

Jackson Donoyan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Eagle Point, Oregon
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Jeffrey, My husband and I wanted to thank you for your kind and thoughtful breakfast package you made for us. We are the couple that had an early AM flight. Your kindness made our return home much nicer. The hardboiled eggs and orange slices plus cheese hit the spot. We found the service at the hotel over all very good and your attention to our needs exceptional. Thank you again. --Constance and Yury Kronn

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Constance K
Constance & Yury – THANK YOU so much for recognizing Jeffery by name. We always encourage out of the ordinary thinking and celebrate the extraordinary steps taken by our teams approach to insure we have taken great care of our guests.

I’m sure everyone reading your posting will recognize we are not the commonplace for a night’s stay while away from home.
Thank you again.

Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I've been to one other boutique hotel in my life to date; The Custom Hotel in Los Angeles. Very fashionable and idiosyncratic, and, obviously, not for everyone. This is not for the business traveler who wants every room to be the same boring layout, and the elevators to pipe in, well, elevator music. The Providence NYLO is in the same league; cool, funky, fun, and yet, well run and efficient. The Loft-style rooms are plenty big, and tall with an undertone of industrial; the building is a refurbished mill. The food at the restaurant was excellent, though if it's shut down for a private party, as it was one time we went, Providence has a great array of restaurants. If you need a list, let me know, we are checking the cool ones out bit by bite. The staff is great and helpful. You really have to try out the beds. The mattresses are so firm and soft. Yes, oxymoronic, but, as one poster wrote somewhere, perhaps on FourSquare, they are "little puffs of heaven." YOU WILL SLEEP WELL.

Out of the way down in Warwick, but getting to Providence is no biggie, and they have service to the airport.

We plan to try the hotel in warmer weather as they are backed by the Pawtuxet River. There's a veranda running along the river, extending the restaurant and the lounge outside.

I see others have noted that the hotel is Awesome. I would agree, but only if you want something unique and different, as well as good and comfy. I would say it's hip, but I am unfortunately outside of the hipster age as my daughter's note every time I try on my fedora in front of them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tapedave
Thank you so much for staying with us and for posting this wonderful review. You're so nice to recognize and identify that the hotel is running efficiently and have detailed all the unique characteristics with capturing the essence of our hotel. Also to insure us that we are truly doing all the right things for our guests needs, and to inform other Tripadvisor readers to take your advice and experience a non-ordinary yet a premier destination hotel.
We are so happy you enjoyed the restaurant and hopefully when you return the season has changed and you will be able to enjoy the outdoor deck which is situated along the Pawtuxet River. Thank you again for this amazing review.

Our judgment is by you identifying all the astonishing features of the hotel…..you are a hipster.

Kind Regards
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Two night stay was perfect. Loft style room was unique and appropriately furnished. Walking distance from movies, shopping and food. Try Fat Bellies Irish pub for a couple of drinks and snacks across the street.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Wysiwg
What picture-perfect, thoughtful, concise review. We're delighted you enjoyed staying with us.
Thank you so much. We look forward to your return.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 December 2013

If you are a business traveler who needs a quiet and relaxing evening after work or couple looking to recharge and reenergize, this is the place for you. The decor is awesome, loft style rooms in what was once one of the many mills located in RI. The lobby is hip, The Loft restaurant and bar is a great place for a relaxing libation or a really delicious meal. The rooms are one of a kind. From large and luxurious beds that you'll never want to get out of, to the absolute coolest bathrooms with the greatest showerheads ever! Do yourself a favor. Dont take my word for it, just make a reservation and become a convert like me. I guarantee that this will be the only hotel in RI that you will visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jon B
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Providence/Warwick, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
WOW – What a spot on headline. I’m smiling ear to ear as I write this response.
Your experience helps us continue to provide the highest possible level of quality to all our guests.
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit; it is our goal to make your visit relaxing and enjoyable.
It is the satisfaction of guests like you that keeps us in business and fuels us to keep trying to be the best in Rhode Island; it is a true compliment to hear that we have done so for you!
We are appreciative that you support others to try us, and we thank you for that.
Looking forward to your return.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I lived in Providence and always heard that NYLO was great, so after I moved away, I chose it when I went back to visit for Thanksgiving. I arrived late at night, and so it was a little dark outside and I started having second thoughts. I left my car in front while I checked in. Then I walked in the door. I was greeted warmly and welcomed by the front desk staff. They pointed out the parking, which was actually very convenient.
The hotel is one of those old New England factories that was renovated. The lobby is very modern and beautiful. When I got to my room, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. I had a king sized bed, and my room overlooked the river. I was high enough up and there were enough trees around that I could leave my shade open. The room continues the modern look, with exposed pipes overhead. My room was small, but the furnishings were compact. It was actually quite cozy. The bathroom was also very modern with nice amenities. I could have used a little bit more counter space, but the shelves below the sink made it work. Good water pressure in the shower - always a good thing. The bed was super comfy. Housekeeping left a free bottle of water each day.
I had breakfast twice in the restaurant, and both were very good. They also were not as pricey as some restaurants I've seen lately. I didn't visit the bar, as my guests and I brought our own wine to my room.
The hotel is directly across from Warwick Mall, which I thought might be inovenient, but the location was surprisingly convenient. Easy to get in and out of the hotel, easy to get to I-95 and other main roads.
Overall, my stay was great and I will absolutely stay there again the next time I visit..

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Margie S
Thank you for your wonderfully insightful review. I couldn’t have explained all the great features within the hotel better, thank you.
We are so happy you enjoyed the riverfront view of the room, also had the opportunity to enjoy all the amenities and experienced the delicious food in the restaurant.
Thank you for recognizing our hardworking and attentive staff.
We look forward to your return.

New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Think cool, hip and trendy, with very comfy beds, and a Keurig cafe maker, and you have this great spot for couples and business - our favorite place to stay in RI.

But a few notes to the Food and Beverage Manager... great restaurant and food, and a really beautiful lounge but... $13 for a Cosmo is over the top... 'spresso is served in small 'spresso cups, and when a shot of Sambuca is ordered straight up with it, it does not all get combined in a regular coffee cup and served cold... $10.00 pancakes deserve warmed, real maple syrple.

A side note to the GM - Harout, the shuttle driver, is truly a Good Will Ambassador whether in the van or in the lobby.

Room Tip: Check prices with Orbitz but book directly with Nylo online or with the hotel. Join the Nylo Club. T...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GringoDave47
It is a true compliment to the team knowing that your visit was relaxing and enjoyable, thank you for writing another great review.
Please know that I share all guests great experiences with our team, they will be thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the service throughout the hotel. I will certainly address your thoughts with our Food and Beverage Director.
Thank you for recognizing Harout exclusively; he truly is an intricate piece to our success.
I will say so long, as I know you will return.

NYLO Providence/Warwick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 12 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence
#3 of 12 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!