“comfortable style”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
San Francisco, California
“comfortable style”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I booked my stay at the Nylo from a friends recommendation and was pleasantly suprised when I arrived. Although I do trust my friends and did my research online, they were still able to impress me. From the time I arrived at the airport and got on the hotel shuttle near midnight, through the check-in process and my little walk through the hotel then into my room.
It was the perfect little room with just the right amount of style. It was industrial with a touch of shiek. I knew it was well done because it didn't feel small and I had all the space I needed.
I travel quite a bit for both business and pleasure, I'm based out of San Francisco so I know a thing or two about hotels... Well, while I was staying here alone, it didn't feel that way because the hotel team was so warm and welcoming. They were helpful and fun to chat with. They gave very helpful tips on the surrounding areas and they were my family for the 4 days I was there.
The Loft lounge was nice too. I was only there for drinks... great pours by Amber btw. Also... the clam chowder was really good. Its different, not thick and creamy but had so much flavor and hit the spot since I was getting over a cold.

To sum it up... if you visit this area, give the Nylo a shot.
Cheers!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Providence/Warwick, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We love when people recommend us to their friend and family. Thank you so much for a glowing review, we loved having you here with us and look forward to your return soon.

Jackson Donoyan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband & I needed a last minute place to stay for the night, after landing in PVD. Nylo exceeded our expectation. Check-in was very smooth, the rate was more than reasonable & the staff made us feel welcome. The hotel is beautiful- not the norm but in a good modern way. If visiting the Providence area, we will definitely stay at Nylo!!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank You so much for your brief, concise posting. We truly appreciate the kind words and are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here about a year ago for work and am just now getting around to reviewing it. It was honestly one of the coolest hotels I have ever stayed at! The old warehouse feel was very hip/trendy, especially since it is literally right next to an ACTUAL abandoned warehouse, so the authenticity is there. Speaking of location though, it's a bit strange overall. It's down a residential road with houses all around, and when I first pulled in I thought for sure that I was lost. Still, there is a nice river on the other side of the hotel, which sort of makes up for the weirdness of the houses being out in front.

As for the room, it was welcoming and oh-so-cool, with an urban loft atmosphere. The bed was ridiculously comfortable and I ended up taking what is still to this day the best nap of my life. After one hell of a long business trip, I was very glad that this was my last stop. It was just the oasis that I needed!

My only complaint about this hotel is that while I was there, there was a high school prom that used the downstairs lobby area for their event. Unfortunately, my room was RIGHT above the festivities, and being that the hotel is a renovated warehouse, the walls were not exactly noise-cancelling. Needless to say, between Justin Timberlake bumping from the speakers downstairs and high-heeled footsteps running past my room all night, I didn't get much sleep until the dance was over. A bit more noise-reduction, or even just a warning to guests that the event was taking place, would have made all the difference. Otherwise, it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Wow – thank you for taking the time to post after a year.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay here and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Spring Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I felt the need to give an unbiased review because I booked through hotels tonight because I read reviews on here and felt very confident that I would love this place. When I arrived I almost had a panic attack...it was literally at the end of a residential neighborhood, like if your room faced the street you are looking into houses. Just picture this when you arrive so you don't freak out like I initially did. The front faces random houses the hotel is made from an old warehouse and to the left of the hotel is a legit abandoned scary warehouse building, to the right is a busy road and then the back is a little river and a highway. Its in a weird spot, It's like this hotel was drooped here after the tornado like the wizard of Oz, the parking lot was across the street which I didn't love but surprisingly it seemed safe which is always my main concern. I walked in quite skeptical the "lobby" is dark and and narrow and very ny boutique hotel-esque ( I also learned I am NOT as hip/trendy as I may have thought...) anyway when I walked in we immediately asked for a room facing the river because the thought of overlooking houses did not feel vacation-y but felt depressing...the staff was accommodating and gave it to us. Whew! We got to our floor and the hallway was not cozy it was cold and creepy with exposed pipes and concrete floors and walls. The room is concrete walls, floors and exposed pipes. It was cute but nothing like I have ever seen I hated it at first then grew to kind of like it. The bathroom was not fully enclosed though I bring this up in case you are not traveling with someone u feel 100% comfy with because the door slides closed with a big metal door and the bathroom walls don't go up to the ceiling so you can hear in and out of the bathroom. The bed was SO comfortable though!!!!! I think that made up for everything. All and all it served its purpose, the bed was comfortable but it is VERY different and located in a residential neighborhood. Seemed safe no problems in that way. Staff was nice and accommodating. I personally would not return but we honestly ended up having a nice stay!

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms are just better so u r not overlooking houses
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
As I read this posting I can’t help but feel tangled. I think it’s a good review….nevertheless, seems you were taken by the fact that the hotel is located in a historic area, it is on the Pawtuxet River with much history. It certainly is out of the ordinary, but you should have known that as you viewed all the great postings.
We are glad you had a great night’s sleep in a clean and comfortable room with a spectacular a view.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The unique design of the hotel and great amenities make this a fun place to stay. I've stayed here several times and have always enjoyed it. The rooms are very different with their cement walls, opaque glass showers, and raised bedding. The beds are comfortable, firm without being too hard. The outdoor deck along the river is great for an evening drink and the food is reasonably priced and tasty. Right across the street you'll find an Irish Pub with excellent wings and great beer prices, and just beyond Fat Belly's is my favorite restaurant in Providence, "Not Your Average Joes". But if you go to Joe's beware of long wait for a table during peak lunch and dinner hours. There is a mall and theatre within walking distance of the Nylo as well.

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers have a river view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Providence/Warwick, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank You for appreciating the design and the architecture of the hotel. We are all so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and all the convenience nearby.
We look forward to your return.

Marshfield
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is in a rehabilitated - and previously deserted mill building. The builders have done an excellent job turning an eye-sore into an ultra modern hotel. It's too bad the property next door is so bad. The buildings next door are decrepit, abandoned shells of what they once were. The NYLO is a happening hotel. A little too much exposed concrete for me - but for a one night stay it worked - and the price was right. The bed was wonderfully comfortable but the bed is located in front of the window and directly in front of the air conditioning unit. Needless to say, every time it kicked on during the night I was awake! It made for a fitful night's sleep. I don't think I'd return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Please allow me to inquire….With all the postings you have submitted you certainly are a seasoned traveler, I’m sure you did the research prior to booking our hotel, almost all NYLO postings rave about the industrial design; you provide kudos for the design yet mention too much concrete.
You criticize the building next door which is a Historic Mill and on the RI Historic Registry and almost all guests admire the building and take pictures of it, as a matter of fact it’s on this very site (photo album) taken by a professional photographer who stay with us recently.
Your experience with the AC unit may not have been to your expectations and a bit noisy for you and I apologize for that.
We are sadden that you will not return, we also know that the hotels design isn’t for everyone.
Thank you for the posting.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I only stayed for one night, but I loved it! The hotel is an old warehouse transformed into a beautiful, modern, sleek hotel. The front desk clerk was charming and told us everything we needed to know about our stay. We admired the cool decor in the lobby and headed up to our King room. The room was spectacular, awesome furniture, cool lighting, just a really great space. My favorite parts were definitely the bed (so big and comfy!) and the shower, which has a rain showerhead and was very relaxing to shower in. We made our way down to the bar and had a delicious, fresh cocktail. The price was definitely right, everyone we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The free parking is a big perk too! I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very kid words. We are all truly proud of our hotel and love reading postings such as yours, guests who appreciate the design, architecture and the history.
We are all so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards,
Jackson Donoyan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Omni Providence Hotel
#4 of 13 in Providence
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence
#3 of 13 in Providence

Been to NYLO Providence/Warwick? Share your experiences!