“The employees are some of the nicest people I have met.”

Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
“The employees are some of the nicest people I have met.”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

From the time I checked, the people at the front desk always had a smile on their faces. Kayla B checked me in. She greated me very nicely. During my stay, all of the staff were always very helpful. One evening, I went to get coffee down stairs and it was empty. Robyn and Kayla B went out of their way to make coffee for me. All of the customers that came Iin were always treated very nicely. Another night when I was looking for a place to eat Kayla B went out if here way to look up directions and print them out for me. I thank everyone there for their great service...especially Kayla B and Robyn

• Stayed August 2014
ASMA S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Ed.W

We appreciate you taking the time for your comments and feedback of our hotel. Holiday Inn Express strives for Guest satisfaction and we love to hear it from our guests. We are glad to hear our staff was accommodating and you felt taken care of.
We will surely pass your feedback to Robyn and Kayla .B which I am sure they will appreciate
that there hospitality was recognized!!

Thanks,

Asma Siddiqui
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was only able to spend one night at the property, but it was an excellent facility, very clean and attractive and clean. The room, bedding and décor were very good, and I enjoyed it very much. The breakfast In the morning was well prepared, tasty, and plentiful. I will definitely stay there again when in Rhode Island.
JimL

Room Tip: The rooms in the front on the second floor was quiet, and convenient to everything.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
ASMA S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear JamesLZ9793JP,

Thank you for your stay with us. We value your feedback and comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.
And look forward to welcome you back to a entirely renovated hotel.

Thanks,

Asma Siddiqui
Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just finished a great stay at the Holiday Inn Express Warwick-Providence. We booked two double bedded rooms for two nights and were pleasantly surprised to have been allocated two newly renovated rooms. The room is very bright and clean with all the necessities to make one's stay a really enjoyable one. A nice touch is the choice of soft or hard pillow. Great breakfast spread in the room next to the reception. It was so popular that people didn't want to leave. We had a great dinner at Legal Seafood which is only 5 minutes by car next to the airport. Easy access to I-95. Thank you for making our stay a truly enjoyable one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Iowa
Reviewed 18 August 2014

HI Express is one of the most consistent brands for a frequent traveler. This one was no exception if I'm being dead honest (which i should be---right?).

If you've ever stayed at a HI Express, this is really typical. Good sized room......great lobby.....nice breakfast and eating area.

This HI Express is undergoing some renovation, but I can't review for the future...so temper my review with a few later than this date and you should get a good feel.

Things to consider:

1. Not within walking distance (easily) of restaurants or pubs.
2. Every carpet I saw in the place was loose, wrinkled, etc. They seemed clean....just weirdly wrinkled up, as much as a couple inches in places. Perhaps a safety issue?
3. It was obvious the carpet in my room had significant water damage. It was stained, and it smelled musty (not overpowering....I stayed in it for 2 days). I found out why. The ac leaks. By the end of day 2 the carpet within 2 feet of the unit, back to the wall, was soaked. It's room 415 if management happens to see this review. I left a note in the room.

Everything wrong is fixable.....except for location to eats and drinks. It's VERY close to the airport.

I'll stay here again in hopes a few things are fixed in the renovation.

Room Tip: The shuttle will take you and pick you up within a 3 mile or so radius, which brings several eaterie...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear FarrJ16,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and breakfast.

However, we’re sorry about the renovation and the carpet condition. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had an excellent visit. Our family met at the hotel for a cousins softball tournament. The staff was gret. We especially had excellent service from Nick. He was working double duty to cover for someone. At breakfast he helped me in the stockroom find ingredient labels - my son has food allergies. We kept going until we found enough or him to happily eat. Nick also worked at night ar the shuttle driver. We brought all 9 of us to a local restaurant and back. He really made our visit enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Milford, Michigan
Reviewed 9 August 2014

right next to airport, great location in area. Easy drive to many places. Rooms really nice. Common areas outstanding!! staff could be more helpful with local details. No matter, computers and GPS can fill that gap

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Randolph, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I spent the weekend of Aug 1 through the 3 in Warwick for my Cousins wedding. The service at the Holiday Inn from check In ( which at first was not able to be located ) which Derrick handled without a problem, to making sure we knew when the shuttles bus would come, was a nice experience. The rooms where neat and clean and even though they were going through renovations, I never noticed a thing. I would recomend this hotel, and teh service that Derrick and Val gave my three days there was great. Nice shirts on Derrick as well

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family