“I <3 Bartender Tracy!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Smithtown, New York
“I <3 Bartender Tracy!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was in town from Long Island for a business conference. Upon arrival, the staff was very welcoming and we were checked in within minutes. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Large bathroom, and one of the most comfortable beds and pillows I've slept on in a while! Huge TV and the AC unit cools down or heats up the room in minutes!

We arrived late at night and made a beeline for the bar, which closes at approx 11pm. Our bartender, Tracy made our stay an absolute delight! She was with us on Friday night and we couldn't wait to go back on Saturday. She is fun, friendly, and has such great energy! She makes holiday shots/martinis that are delish and made us a ton of fresh popcorn, which always gets brownie points with me! The breakfast buffet is awesome. Do NOT miss it. Overall, a wonderful stay, I will absolutely be back and would recommend this hotel for anyone staying nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jay V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write this wonderful review. We are pleased we were able to provide you with a wonderful stay, that you found our staff to be very welcoming at check-in and you were happy with your room accommodations. A special Thank You for mentioning Tracy, our amazing bartender. I will be sure that she receives the well deserved recognition for her amazing customer service. We hope you have the opportunity to return in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New York, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very nice hotel. Clean bed and linens. Towel could have been better. Wonderful free breakfast but coffee was too weak. Heating system was very loud so I had to sleep with no heat but was very comfortable under nice warm quilt. Just had to turn up heat on high when I got up.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback about your stay. I apologize you had an issue with the heating system in your room. I have reported the incident to our Engineering department and we will be looking into it. Next time, please don't hesitate to contact the front desk with any issues so we may have the opportunity to rectify it while you are still here. It is our pleasure to assist our guests in anyway we can and strive to make sure each and everyone one of our guests have an excellent stay with us. I am glad you were satisfied with your stay and look forward to welcoming you back so we may provide you with an even better stay.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Though my mother and I were off to a rocky start when the hotel shuttle failed to pick us up at the agreed upon location the staff more than made up for the inconvenience once we arrived! Everyone was warm and welcoming and Andrea made our short stay comfortable by booking us on the first floor and handing us a breakfast bag since we had to leave on the 5:00 am shuttle for the airport. We had a total change of heart about the experience and will be happy to return knowing that if something goes wrong the staff will take care of the problems immediately and do it all while smiling! Thank you Andrea, you made the difference!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jay V, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. Feedback, both positive and negative is so important to us and I must say this is one of my favorite reviews I have had the pleasure of reading. First, allow me to apologize for the incident with our shuttle. In the hotel industry, as in life things do not always go according to plan and human errors do occur. The fact that our staff, in particular Andrea was able to turn your stay around and successfully convey to you just how important you are as our guest and how much we care about your satisfaction is amazing. I will be sure to share this with Andrea and give her the proper acknowledgement for her efforts. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Orange, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great hotel next to TF Green airport! Friendly service, always accomodating, always with a smile! Very attentive to everyone's needs! The staff goes out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. They are a great functioning team regardless of their position in the hotel! Highly recommended whether for business or pleasure! Thank you Jay, Derrick, E, and everyone else!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
I appreciate you taking time to share your experience with everyone. I am pleased you find our staff to be attentive and that you would recommend us to other travelers. I will be sure to recognize E and Derrick for their efforts as well. I look forward to your next stay!
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Overall great value, clean spacious rooms. Despite noisy neighbors it was worth the money paid. Seemed like a family atmosphere. Not much staff visiblity and 1 guy at the desk kinda forces you to figure things out for yourself!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay. I am delighted you found us to be an overall great value. As for your noisy neighbors, please don't hesitate to contact our front desk at any hour of the day or night to report such an incident. We have staff on 24 hours a day that would have been more than happy to take care of this for you. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to make sure each and every one of our guests have an excellent stay with us. I hope you have the opportunity to return to us in the future.
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently stayed here for a week on business. I found all employees exceptionally courteous. My room was clean and comfy. The overal cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. I am not a morning person so usually do not have time for any kind of sit down breakfast and was very pleased that they had made up bags for us eaters on the go! Fantastic touch. As a smoker, i would suggest a covered area and outdoor space heater.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Wow! Thank you for this excellent review. I am delighted we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay. We are pleased to be able to offer our "Breakfast on the go" bags for guests like yourself. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Ostrander, Ohio
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn in Providence by the Airport. I had a 2 night visit followed by a full 5 night stay the following week.
The room was very spacious and CLEAN! The service at all levels was excellent. The front desk was staff all hours of the day and night and the one common saying the staff continued to ask was "Is there anything we can do for you to make your visit more comforting" They left no stone unturned.

We had dinner one night prepared by the Manager and I am still left wondering why he is not doing this for a living instead of hospitality!

Again, wonderful visit and I will be returning in 3 weeks for another 5 night stay.

Room Tip: Had room 401 both visits! Right outside the elevator. Very quite.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very pleased you find our hotel to be so clean and you find all levels of the service we provide to be excellent. We love having you here and truly hope you feel that we provide a home away from home atmosphere. Also, thank you for the nice words about the dinner. It was my pleasure to prepare it and I am so happy you enjoyed it.