Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Momence, Illinois
“Clean Rooms”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I had to spend the night in Warwick due to bad weather. Called the Hampton and got the last room. Rooms are very clean. I was concerned about noise since this hotel is right next to the airport. We never heard a sound. I see some reviews comment on the breakfast. We thought the selection and taste was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nporter40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Warwick, RI, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I recently spent a night at the Hampton Inn in Warwick, RI with my dogs!! Totally awesome experience!! Hotel is all dog-friendly!! Clean, fresh, comfortable rooms with furniture in good condition!! Friendly, welcoming staff to not only me but to my dogs!! Great experience from the moment I checked into the hotel with my two dogs!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

rochester, ny
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were in town for a huge tournament and were assigned this hotel. The hotel itself is great. Clean rooms, staff is attentive, easy location to get everywhere.
Two complaints....
1. The breakfast needs work. Everything is good, but by 9am, everything was running low. Out of waffle batter two mornings in a row, out of bagels.
2. The front desk staff is hit or miss. Everyone I worked with was great, but I did witness tempers running a little high and some short answers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jen1026
Connecticut
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Used the hotel as our base for a travel softball weekend and found the hotel to be what I expected: clean room, good, solid breakfast with plenty of choices. Really, though, it's the people who make the difference. Staff was great, warm welcome on arrival and very helpful when we were looking for a good spot for dinner. Would definitely stay here again. And never did we hear any airplane noise, despite being nearly on airport property.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here in June of 2014 for the Gaspee Days celebration in Warwick because the location was pretty good and because of previous positive experiences at another Hampton Inn. Unfortunately, this was a big mistake. First, I thought my stay would receive credit through the Hilton Honors loyalty program, but as I booked it through travelocity (or apparently any third party website), it didn't qualify. (I guess it's my fault for not reading the fine print on the HHonors program terms and conditions.) When I called HHonors about the missing credit, I was told to avoid the Hilton Family hotels when booking on 3rd party websites. So, please if you are considering booking this or another Hilton chain hotel through Travelocity, Expedia, or another 3rd party website, do not do so. Apparently, they do not want your business and will treat you like dirt. I had chosen this hotel even though it was more expensive than a competing hotel because of the HHonors program. Believe me, I won't make that mistake again!

Now on to the hotel, the room came as advertised and was probably comfortable once upon a time. However, when we got there the facet leaked and one of the lamps didn't work. Also, apparently housekeeping is not included when booking through a 3rd party website (or maybe this is just standard practice). The toilet contained fecal matter splattered on the toilet lid and the bathroom had hair from previous guests all over the place. (yuk!) Other than the terrible housekeeping, I would say this hotel is just OK and is starting to look a bit old and run down. The pool area was nice and the swimming pool was great. The hot tub left something to be desired. Half of the jets did not work and the water was quite shallow, reaching barely above the belly button of an average height man, when seated. Also, the tub was coated in a very uncomfortable mottled finish, that scratches the skin. The bottom line, not a great place to relax.

The breakfast was fantastic, as has been my experience with all of the Hampton Inn's where I have stayed. The staff was OK, but seemed a little prickly. Maybe booking through a 3rd party website really tee's them off? In summary, stay here if you must, but don't expect much, especially if you're using any kind of discount website for your booking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 28matthews
Baldwinsville
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Need a solid hotel by the airport this one should not be skipped. The hotel while dated is solid in service, rooms, size of rooms anything you need. It does not have the new upgraded Hampton desks and others but does not need them. I have now stayed here twice and would again. As a HH member it will be on my list

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Last year (2013) my review said, "great facilities and even greater service." It is hard to imagine but this year's visit was even better! The five nights I stayed (Saturday, June 7th thru Thursday morning, June 12th) began when I arrived at the Inn about 10 pm. Andrea was behind the desk and when she saw me she said, "You're back!" And Melissa in house-keeping remembered me as well. Having to use a walker caused everyone to help me get my food or whatever my talk involved. I enjoyed a stimulating conversation with Jay Visnjic, the general manager (and my library now has an added book as a result)! I also enjoyed meeting Steve Gothberg. I was helped by Richard Bartlett who describes himself as an unofficial quality control person. We spent most mornings eating and talking together. Dick has a winsome personality. After just a few minutes of talking with him, I felt I had known him for a long time as a good friend.
Dr. Myron J. Houghton, theology dept., Faith Baptist Seminary, Ankeny, Iowa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business