“Enthusiastic driver gets me to the TEST on time”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Enthusiastic driver gets me to the TEST on time”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am grateful to have found this amazing hotel because it was only 1 mile from my testing center. I was able to go to bed early the night before my 5-hour exam. I slept very soundly because of the quiet hallways and soundproof walls. The bed was quite comfortable.

The hotel shuttle driver, Adam, very willingly drove me to the testing center the night before so that I could see for myself how close I was to the testing center and how to get there. Adam did a great job! He was a safe and careful driver. Adam knew I needed him to drive me to the test the next morning, so he made sure he was available when I needed him. When the front desk called him to drive me to the testing center, he very enthusiastically RAN through the lobby to get me to the test on time. This greatly relieved my test day anxiety, and I was actually early! I had been studying for this test for an entire year, and I really needed a dependable, responsible driver.

Adam picked me up after the test and drove me to a restaurant that he recommended highly, the Top of the Bay Restaurant. After a memorable post-test meal there, he picked me up and drove me safely to the hotel so that I could make my train back to Boston. While Adam drove me around, he voluntarily gave me a very interesting history lesson on the local area and the state of Rhode Island. I had never been to Rhode Island previous to this trip, so I learned a great deal.

Adam was a breath of fresh air. He stood in stark contrast with past hotel shuttle drivers at other hotels, who were mute and played loud, irritating music while sipping a Big Gulp. Adam deserves a raise and a promotion.

If you stay at this hotel, please be sure to take advantage of the pool. I didn't have that opportunity. It looked clean, inviting, and fabulous! The breakfast buffet was wonderful as well, and I made sure to have a full and satisfying breakfast before my exam. I especially liked the fresh fruit compote and the slow cooked oatmeal in a crockpot. I also enjoyed the comfy chairs in the front lobby area.

I felt warmly welcomed by this hotel at a stressful time in my life. If you stay here, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pick a room that's in the middle of the long hallway and away from the front entrance. My room w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here in late July on way home from Cape Cod vacation. Hotel location by airport. great location. Easy access to airport and local restaurants. Room décor was bland. Wallpaper was peeling away from the wall in several places. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Brownsville, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recommend this hotel for more than a weekend stay. The staff was very very friendly and the prices are great for anybody looking for more than a weekend get away. Make sure you book in advance because this place gets full all the time, specially the weekends.

Honolulu, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed one night and was very happy. Clean rooms, polite and professional front desk, free shuttle around the local area, free breakfast, and a pool. To top if all off, they offer a generous military discount if you book through their website. Note that there's not a restaurant on site but the shuttle can take you to the local restaurants. Definitely recommend heading to Rocky Point Clam shack down the road. You can ask the shuttle driver or even take a walk if you're motivated... it's about 3/4 mile up the road. I opted to walk since it was a nice day. One other nice touch is their luggage storage service. This allowed me to stash my luggage while I took a quick 3 day side trip before I actually checked in. Very convenient as it meant I didn't need to lug my baggage with me for three long days. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First Class staff- made our stay and meetings seamless!!!
From the front desk to housekeeping everyone was attentive and caring. Breakfast buffet is better than most hotels that offer breakfast. Overall, I highly recommend and would return for personal travel.

Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is really convenient if flying in or out of PVD in Warwick, RI. If it weren't for a maze of fences, you could probably walk right over there but the shuttle runs frequently from baggage claim. The hotel itself has been kept up in good shape. The breakfast buffet is the predictable Hampton Inn variety, but it is quite acceptable. There is a Legal Sea Foods restaurant literally across the street from the front door if you don't have a car.

Rates here are pretty reasonable for an airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank misteron2014
West Haven, CT, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Good value for price. Location is excellent,gives easy access to all of RI, easy on off to I95. Restraunts close by, great breakfest Highly recommend brest price and value in RI. Easy drive to Newport and City of Providence