“Good Food, Casual Atmosphere”
Review of DiVIne

DiVIne
Reserve with OpenTable
DiVIne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 302 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Good Food, Casual Atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Very small restaurant, so expect to wait on the weekends. Food is good, prices are not bad. Get I their text list and see when they run specials (1/2 price pizzas, "happy hour" oysters, etc).
I have been several times with and without kids, have yet to be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013

“What Happened?”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Update to my last post. Either they hired a new chef or the worse one works on Mondays. Last week I got 4 over cooked Coconut Shrimp for $12 as an app, my Rigatoni Bolognese tasted like American Chop Suey with over cooked pasta and my husband's Pink Vodka sauce tasted like tomato soup. So disappointed. Service was poor that night was well. Jury is still out as to if I'll give them another chance!

1 Thank RhodieRoamer
Warwick, RI
“Celebrating our Years Together.”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Katie and I decided to celebrate our anniversary by having dinner at Divine Restaurant in Warwick. We had a meal here on one previous occasion, and thought this would be the perfect destination for a relaxing meal. This is an intimate little Italian restaurant, very close to home. When I say "intimate", I mean just that. It is a renovated raised ranch house. When you walk in, there is a full bar to your left, and the dining room, with about 10 tables is to the right. The tables are small. Our 4-seater table was the perfect size for the two of us. The lights were very dim, and each table had a candle as it's centerpiece. Cloth napkins were a fancy-dancy treat to gals who have grown accustomed to using their shirt sleeves as their napkins. The music was piped in through a little speaker. It was an assortment of soft romantic tunes, which reminded me of a selection I might have on my Ipod. Really, the perfect environment, minus one loud mouth broad who obviously had too many martinis. Luckily, her party didn't stay too long, or she may have succumbed to serious injury, when my elbow "accidentally" slammed into her temple. Our server was perfect. She was friendly, attentive (but not overbearing), patient, knowledgeable, and stacked. We started the evening with martinis. Katie had a coconut rum based "Palm Tree" martini, and I went with the Dirty Martini. The server brought over a cone filled with warm toasted bread chunks, accompanied by a plate of melted butter/oil to dip the bread into. We decided to share their Meatball Caesar salad, and an order of Black Angus Bruschetta. The Meatball Caesar is served on a small oval platter. On one side is a huge meatball resting in a puddle of thick red sauce and the other is crisp romaine tossed in a Caesar dressing. A cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese is served on the side. This doesn't seem like a natural combination, but sometimes one must explore outside the box, and I'm sooo glad we had sense of adventure to try this. It was so FN good! The Bruschetta was not your Italian Grandma's run of the mill bruschetta, with tomato based topping. This was thick slices of toasted Italian bread, smothered with tender slices of black angus sirloin, and a "to-die-for" heavy shallot cream sauce. Score! I had to step outside for a phone call, and it was a good thing I did, as when the server came to take our dinner orders, I was absent. Upon returning, we both agreed that the salad, app and drinks were more than enough to satisfy our hunger. We decided to pass on the Chicken Parm and Chicken Marsala that we were going to order. We finished our meal by ordering the bread pudding and a couple more drinks. I switched to beer--cold Stella Artois and Katie went with a cup of alcohol laced nutty coffee. The coffee rocked--whipped cream and sweet nutty taste. While I did enjoy my beer, I secretly wished I had ordered the coffee instead. We shared an order of the bread pudding. The presentation was ridiculously creative. The pudding was pan seared, giving the bottom a "crust". Whipped cream, and four thinly sliced apples decorated each corner of the plate. Looked good, tasted better. Reminded me of french toast. Nom Nom Nom. Katie and I give this restaurant a thumbs-up, A+ rating. We will definitely go back. Our server recommended their Honey Onion Goat Cheese Pizza, which we are anxious to try on our next visit. Thanks to Divine for a great place to celebrate our anniversary, and thanks to Katie, for the wonderful years together.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank BeeCharmer66
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Great find!”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The service and the food were top notch. The interior could use a little face lift, but, definately added to my favorites list. I didn't like the menu - on a wooden plank which seemed a little out of place.

• Visited January 2013
Warwick, Rhode Island
“DiVine?...Not Really”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The only reason I'm giving this restaurant three stars is because of our server. She was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items, including the specials of the day.

The ambience leaves a lot to be desired. There is a bar area on the left side and a very small dining area on the right. It is rather plain and not at all inviting. Black seems to be the main color of the chairs and tables. There are no tablecloths or placemats. The lights are quite dim. Some warm hues and candles on the tables would be a major improvement.

Two of us had Chicken Parmesan, another had Veal Parmesan and the other person had some sort of pan-seared chicken dish. The Chicken Parm was very thick and the first couple of bites contained some fat...not appetizing. It was served over al dente penne with marinara sauce, but there was water swimming around the edge of the plate. In order to eat it, I had to literally drain the pasta on my fork. The Veal Parm was about the same. The pan-seared chicken was thick, dry and not tender at all.

The other couple and we had unknowingly given each other gift certificates for this restaurant for Christmas. We purchased our certificate in early December and were told that as a bonus, the $50.00 certificate would actually be worth $60.00. When the other couple purchased ours, it was only for $50.00. Upon questioning our server, we were told that the employee who issued the other couple's certificate screwed up on the computer. We were not offered any kind of compensation for their mistake. Not a good move in this economy.

We will not be returning to this establishment. The experience was disappointing. There are so many other good restaurants in Rhode Island. Check them out and leave this one behind!

• Visited January 2013